League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-29-2012   #21 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by starseeker
I play Zero. :/ well, everyone will once his 3rd gets released.
Don't see what that has to do with what I said but okay.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-30-2012   #22 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by starseeker

It's always like that - people play characters because they're new, cash-only or get a new job / get a revamp.
And not because they personally like said character. It's such a shame; because then, GrandChase would maybe see more Elesis/Ryan/NOTGeasMari players.
Not necessarily, everyone still plays Lire, Arme, Lass, Amy.

07-30-2012   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Pandorina is on a distinguished road
IGN: Pandorina | Cosmarion
Class: Sheepeh to_soulmaster
Level: 2xx | 19x
Guild: Koala Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
Not necessarily, everyone still plays Lire, Arme, Lass, Amy.
That is true, but still, I feel what starseeker said is true.

Elesis, Ryan, Ronan and some others are highly underrated, and most characters are only appreciated for one of their jobs, no more.
People started playing Mari when Geas was released, but nobody plays her other jobs, like, say, Polaris.
Why is that?
They're weak, in comparison.
That applies to other characters as well - and it's really sad, in my opinion, that people are somewhat forced to use one job class only because the others are rather inferior in comparison.
Oh, and Amy?
People play her for the Amysaur, and that's only since it received a boost some time ago. Amy is an adorable character, both offensive and supportive, and I enjoy her a lot. Others don't. Why? Well, it figures. Her damage sucks, compared to others.

There should be a balance of some kind, and some characters like Elesis need a real boost. People play her first job for ST, or her second job for the skills, if anything. Savior is so much fun - but her damage sucks in comparison to other characters.

On the other hand, characters like Asin, Arme, Zero or Mari (Geas!) are overrated just for how superior they are to others. I find that rather sad.
I like Rin, however weak most think her to be, and I really hope that there will be some kind of character and job balance at some point, because I really don't see it.

Pandorina - Soul Master - Lv. 200
Cosmarion - Dark Lord - Lv. 210

07-30-2012   #24 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandorina
That is true, but still, I feel what starseeker said is true.

Elesis, Ryan, Ronan and some others are highly underrated, and most characters are only appreciated for one of their jobs, no more.
People started playing Mari when Geas was released, but nobody plays her other jobs, like, say, Polaris.
Why is that?
They're weak, in comparison.
That applies to other characters as well - and it's really sad, in my opinion, that people are somewhat forced to use one job class only because the others are rather inferior in comparison.
Oh, and Amy?
People play her for the Amysaur, and that's only since it received a boost some time ago. Amy is an adorable character, both offensive and supportive, and I enjoy her a lot. Others don't. Why? Well, it figures. Her damage sucks, compared to others.

There should be a balance of some kind, and some characters like Elesis need a real boost. People play her first job for ST, or her second job for the skills, if anything. Savior is so much fun - but her damage sucks in comparison to other characters.

On the other hand, characters like Asin, Arme, Zero or Mari (Geas!) are overrated just for how superior they are to others. I find that rather sad.
I like Rin, however weak most think her to be, and I really hope that there will be some kind of character and job balance at some point, because I really don't see it.
Starseeker said people play characters because they're "new" or get new updates to them, they said nothing about strength.

New characters/jobs =/= strength, look at garbage Asin, sucks in both dungeons and PvP and has the most dull ST ever.

07-30-2012   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Pandorina is on a distinguished road
IGN: Pandorina | Cosmarion
Class: Sheepeh to_soulmaster
Level: 2xx | 19x
Guild: Koala Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
Starseeker said people play characters because they're "new" or get new updates to them, they said nothing about strength.

New characters/jobs =/= strength, look at garbage Asin, sucks in both dungeons and PvP and has the most dull ST ever.
You've got a point there.
What starseeker implied, however, was mainly how the players' desire to play certain classes differs, depending on how new the updates are, and that includes, like I pointed out, how strong they are in relation to others.

I just find it sad how people don't just play what they like, what they find cool or fun to work with, but what's easiest or strongest.
That's unnecessary and a little poor in my opinion.
Character sympathy should depend on personal liking and preferations, and not on "Oh, with that character I can solo this and that faster than person XY." - which is how many players decide on who to play, imo.

Pandorina - Soul Master - Lv. 200
Cosmarion - Dark Lord - Lv. 210