Fight For Honor! (09/09/2008)
Who: 64 players with a character at level 20 or higher who register on a first-come, first-served basis on the official Tournament Registration thread. All participant's accounts must be registered before August 28, 2008.
What: Single-elimination 1 on 1 duel tournament.
* Registration: 5:00 PM PDT, Wednesday September 10th
* Round of 64: 5:00 PM PDT ~ 7:00 PM PDT Thursday, September 11th
* Remaining Rounds: 5:00 PM PDT ~ 7:00 PM PDT Friday, September 12th
Where: Gorgos Server, Free Class PvP, in rooms specifically created and supervised by the GM staff. Players will be invited to the room when their time comes, so ALL PLAYERS must be available from 5:00 ~ 7:00 to play their match.
Why: To recognize and reward players who have taken the time to master their skills in PvP.
1. Exploitation of game mechanics, such as "auto shot", is grounds for immediate disqualification.
2. No unsportsmanlike conduct.
3. Game Masters will have the final call in administration of tournament rules.
4. Arguing with a GM's call in game is grounds for immediate disqualification.
5. Any match exceeding 20 minutes in length will result in immediate disqualification of both players.
6. All matches must be played on the Elven Forest map, No Item Mode, in a room designated by the GM.
7. Post once and only once on the official Registration thread: multiple posts by the same player is grounds for disqualification.
8. Off-topic posts on the official Registration thread is grounds for disqualification.
9. The entrant's in-game Nick Name (NOT Account Name) must be provided in the Registration thread.
10. The minimum level is 20, however there is no maximum level of entry so be forewarned that entrants will not necessarily be matched by level.
11. Tournament brackets will be seeded on a first-come, first-served basis, with no bias.
12. There will be no gear or item restrictions during the tournament.
The tournament will begin at 5:00 PM PDT on Thursday, September 11th. If you are in the tournament, please be logged in and ready to go at least 10 minutes early, and remain online until 7:00 PM or until your match has concluded (whichever comes first).
The Game Masters will create special rooms in Free Class PvP on the Gorgos Server and invite you to these rooms via whisper when it is your turn. If you fail to respond to this whisper, we will maintain a list of 5 "alternate" players to pull from to fill your spot, and you will be disqualified by default. The Game Master will be "invisible" in the room and will be responsible for starting the game.
Once all 32 matches in the first round have ended, there will be no further matches on Thursday. Play on Friday will resume with the Round of 32 beginning at 5:00 PM PDT, followed immediately by the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four, and of course the Finals. The current tournament bracket, along with game replay downloads will be made available on the forums.