Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-25-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Anasurae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Anasurae
IGN: Anasurae
Class: Hot Babe to_schoolgirl
Default I'm downloading this game, and I have a few questions...

Okay.

1. Does this game lag hard?

2. Is it fun?

3. How hard is grinding?

4. How's the community?

5. What are the easiest classes/jobs/characters/whatever to start off with?

<3

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

1. depends on your computer decent computers can play this game fine

2. its fun you get to play up to 3 char at a time.

3. not that hard you can afk grind lol

4. as far as i know community is great pretty helpful and stuff

5.fig/mus/sco is the basic start list

08-26-2008   #3 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anasurae
Okay.

1. Does this game lag hard?

2. Is it fun?

3. How hard is grinding?

4. How's the community?

5. What are the easiest classes/jobs/characters/whatever to start off with?

<3
1) I usually tend to lag everytime I zone into a town/city, but it's only a small 5-sec lag that goes away and then becomes smooth again. It really does depend on how good a computer you're on.
2) Fun? YEAH! The game adds a little extra spice with MCC.
3) The grind is ... manageable. I got to Lv 100 within a month-or so. And I'm not a huge grinder.
4) Community-wise, you won't see many people aside from clan chat/random broadcasts. But once you start getting into squads with other people (via broadcasts or something), you'll start getting friends from other clans. My
'All Chat' could be more populated.
5) An easy team would be a basic Fighter/Scout/Musk (DPS-based), Fighter/Stock/Wiz (Defensive-buff/Debuff), Fighter/Stock/Elementalist (AoE power!).

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

08-26-2008   #4 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

1) 1 GB RAM is the recommended minimum to experience the least amount of lag possible

2) Yes.

3) As the laziest grinder on TO, the grind here is easy as hell. AFK grind = fast vet.

4) Lots of people spam broadcast, so I suggest you turn it off through options or set it so it only shows up in the system window/all chat. The community is okay, but there are a few douchebags that like to ks you and stuff. Uncool, man.

5) I'd say go with Musk/Ele/Scout. They're good for long periods of afk and elementalists can 1HKO monsters in the early levels. You can replace Musk with another elementalist if you don't like the to spend money (up to 10k per 30k rounds) on rifle/pistol bullets.

these swimming gays ruined my life

08-26-2008   #5 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future

Main rule of thumb for a starting team is to make a team that'll use different armors each. That way you don't need to pull out tons of polishers for pioneer EQs.
(Excluding any Fighter/Scout combos. You won't be using Leather armor on your Fighter forever.)

08-26-2008   #6 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute

Musk/Ele/Scout would use coat, robe, and leather.

08-26-2008   #7 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai
Musk/Ele/Scout would use coat, robe, and leather.
Do note that Coat and Robes are the weakest armor-types. o/
So in this team, you won't have any kind of a "tank". AoEs would have to be quick and effective, and preferably not target-centered (your Musk might kill off that target before you get a chance to pull off the spell, therefore wasting elemental orbs/SP/time).

08-26-2008   #8 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games

But if she plans to afk grind most of the time, then musk/ele/scout is the way to go.

Tanks tend to run away when they afk so it's not recommended to start out with one unless you plan on active leveling with one til Adelina. (can use swords and pistols or a combination of both)

08-26-2008   #9 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai
But if she plans to afk grind most of the time, then musk/ele/scout is the way to go.

Tanks tend to run away when they afk so it's not recommended to start out with one unless you plan on active leveling with one til Adelina. (can use swords and pistols or a combination of both)
(Don't take these as attacks or anything. Apparently today is the day people take my my side as an attack against them.)

I don't see any post indicating AFKing. And if she does plan to AFK, Elementalists wouldn't be the best choice. Wizards don't have many enemies that are highly resistant to mental attacks making them a more versatile choice than an Elementalist.
Plus, Fighters can use Pistols, too.

As far as Tanks go, you can put them in hold mode with a 2h Sword or Pole Arm. They have an extended range which makes it easier for them to AFK in comparison to 1h Sword/shield users or the likes.

In addition, I assume (which is probably bad for me to do today as well) that you're putting Adelina in the 'tank' category. As far as 'tanks' go, Adelina is not one of them. She's very fragile and is restricted to Leather amor. Whereas Coimbra Trooper (which you'll get before Adelina anyway) is able to use Metal armor AND a shield. Adelina only shines in the fast-attacks, which don't really matter in things like PvP where skills are considered better than attacks.

Just a little insight. o/

08-26-2008   #10 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games

No, I never said Adelina was the replacement tank. I said Adelina can REPLACE tanks as a DPS. Sure, as a fighter she tends to run away sometimes, but if AFK, she kills things faster than a stock fighter. (lessening the chances that she would run away)

You can also replace Ele with Adelina. It's not completely necessary to have a magic-type user.

08-26-2008   #11 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

As far as characters go, it's your call. Don't listen to our silly little comments.

Just make a basic team that consists of a Fighter/Scout/(something).
Replace (something) with a ...
... Musk if you want DPS.
... Elementalist if you want AoE/Elements/flashy spells.
... Wizard if you want Debuffs/Protection Buffs.

I would personally go with Elementalist. You'll get Grace later on who has an added +1 DEX and the ability to craft firearms in comparison to the stock Musk.
I know many people decide to take different routes as they level to Vet, and that's completely your call. You may find certain characters more enjoyable/bearable than other people.
Personally, I hate Adelina, but Kait here loves her to death so much that she bought her a Pirate Costume, got her to Vet, and got her a Vet Stance (Low Guard).

08-26-2008   #12 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
Personally, I hate Adelina, but Kait here loves her to death so much that she bought her a Pirate Costume, got her to Vet, and got her a Vet Stance (Low Guard).
Damn right I did.

08-26-2008   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

OKAY, AFTER A BUNCH OF HOURS DEALING WITH THIS GAME, IT'S FINALLY WORKING.

NOW.

Any tips for a beginner?

08-26-2008   #14 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:

NOW.

Any tips for a beginner?
Do all the quests you can. All of them.
Most of them will reward you with EXP Cards (which give really nice EXP for the newer characters) and Polishers (which are needed for the awesome pioneering EQs).

Also, join the clan~
Kait (Ascherit, in game) is on right now, so you best high-tail it over here and IM-her. If she doesn't respond, drop me a whisper (Monteparnase) and I'll invite you to the group chat which should hook you up with easy acess to tracking Kait. In which you can stalk her until she invites you. o/

Oh, and here's some chat-tips.
Put a quotation mark infront of your message, followed by the person's IGN, to send a whisper.

Quote:
"Ascherit HEY NUB! INVITE ME TO THE CLAN!
Put a # sign infront of your message to send a squad message (like party chat).

Quote:
#HEY NUBS! GIB ME LOOT!
Put a @ sign infront of your message to send a clan message

Quote:
@HEY NUBS! MORI IS COOL!
o/ *thumbs up*

08-26-2008   #15 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

^ You forgot to mention
Quote:
@Mori is a fatty with gigantuous moobs
and

Quote:
@Mori's moobs revolve around the sun

08-27-2008   #16 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games

Quote:

NOW.

Any tips for a beginner?
IGN? :V

@Mori

And don't forget, !!Mori loves Andre Janzur!

08-27-2008   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

@Senpai - Lyliandre

08-27-2008   #18 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Do the characters gain the stats when they level up or do I have to add them myself?

EDIT:Also what server does everyone play on.I don't want to be ALONE!

Last edited by Lilica; 08-27-2008 at 06:58 PM.

08-27-2008   #19 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters

There's a roster stickied in this forum. ~

And yeah, stats are automatic. They're given based off the character's stats (the stuff you see in character creation mode).

I think if you hit Vet.. or Expert.. you can get 1 bonus point to add to one of them. But that's a long ways away, anyway. :T (that was a lot of W's)

08-27-2008   #20 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games

The majority of us are on Orpesia.

You can try Bristia if you want to PK people, but not many people play there.