ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   ggFTW News (http://ggftw.com/forum/ggftw-news/)
-   -   ggFTW Goes Social, Updates to Key System and Login (http://ggftw.com/forum/ggftw-news/95537-ggftw-goes-social-updates-key-system-login.html)

ggFTW 04-28-2011 06:10 AM

ggFTW Goes Social, Updates to Key System and Login

Hi everyone,

This evening we're very happy to announce the implementation of Facebook Connect for ggFTW.com logins. By now I'm sure many of you have seen the blue Facebook login or register buttons floating around. You can use these buttons to connect your Facebook account to your ggFTW account eliminating the need to remember multiple passwords!

If you're already logged into your ggFTW account, the process is very simple. Just click the blue "Login" button and once you've authorized us you'll be connected automatically! New connections will have the option to post to your Facebook wall you can definitely cancel this if you don't want to but we'd appreciate the shoutout!

If you haven't registered yet, why wait? The new Facebook register form is much simpler than the old registration process. One page and you're done! Of course, you can still connect your Facebook account from the registration form to your ggFTW account; you'll just need to provide your username and password if you're not already logged in.

Use of the new Facebook APIs requires JavaScript. If you'd prefer to use the old login and registration options, those still work of course. This isn't a forced change.

For members, you may notice that your Facebook user icon vanished. That's because you need to actually connect with Facebook now to get it! Just connect and it comes right back but watch out! If you disconnect your account it'll go away again :(

Lastly, a change has been made to the Key Distribution System. If you've connected with Facebook and you get a key from us, you'll be given the option to post to your wall and invite your friends to play as well. Don't worry, you can always cancel this as well but as above, we'd appreciate the shoutout.

Oh, and one more thing! Members who connect a Facebook account are not subject to the same 5-post restrictions that new traditional members must suffer.

We hope you use this opportunity to tell your friends about us and simplify your life here at ggFTW.

Cheers,

Your wired-in ggFTW Staff

Original Article

This article is a ggFTW news or game news article and is posted to the forum when published.

k0n 04-28-2011 06:35 AM

MyggFTWfacebook.com

:V

Gaap 04-28-2011 10:33 AM

*Signs in FB* Thank god I have it. Though my FB (asside from Mami and Jessica and ponies) is not that exciting. :P

Harlequin 04-28-2011 03:57 PM

I saw this and I was like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And then I went ahead and did it. No harm no foul, plus I connect everything to my facebook anyway.

Tardar 04-28-2011 04:37 PM

I like this. +1 ggteam.

Jessica 04-28-2011 07:40 PM

Pretty cool. Will need to connect later. <:

Tea 04-28-2011 08:49 PM

At least with this I can involve people on my facebook with the games I intend to try out or play so it makes MMOing much enjoyable. Saves time for me typing tons.

Silver Rook 04-28-2011 10:52 PM

Oh god, Facebook! What have you done?! :py01:

Veloze 04-29-2011 02:17 AM

Facebook support is everywhere now.