Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-24-2011   #1 (permalink)
B> Admin Privileges

ggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Introducing the ggFTW Game Recommendation Box

Hi everyone,

Early on this Easter morning we rolled out a new feature the ggFTW game recommendation box. You'll start seeing this critter appear at the top of many of the pages. We've built this device to showcase some of our higher rated and more popular games to visitors and members who may be looking for a new MMO game to play.

Only client-based games in some form of release (beta, commercial) will appear in the box. Although we cover browser games on ggFTW, we really don't see these games as something we'd recommend to play. More like, pass time during maintenance...

We're also hoping to expose more of the site to our members who like to chill in one small little forum the entire time they're here. ggFTW is a big site; get out there and see what we have to offer! You may be surprised, heh.

This box is not an advertisement (inb4 baw). The location is not "sellable" and the links lead to our own game pages. Only highly rated games will appear in the box. We use more than a dozen signals including the game's rating and popularity to determine what shows up as a in the game recommendation box.

Because these are not advertisement banners, they will be visible to donors and subscribers. Don't worry, the banners are small and there's no funky scripting involved (two of the main annoyances with ads). Besides, if you don't see ads then the site starts to look a bit bland after a while :)

We hope the recommended game box helps you find a new game to play when it comes time to start MMO hopping again. The first deployment was in the forum; we hope to have it rolled out to other sections of the site later during the day.

Cheers,

Your friendly neighborhood ggFTW Staff

Original Article

This article is a ggFTW news or game news article and is posted to the forum when published.

ggFTW Site News
ggFTW Game News

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-24-2011   #2 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

The site just keeps getting better and better~ Great job ggftw team!~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

04-24-2011   #3 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Thanks man -- trying to clean up the look on threads now :U
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

04-24-2011   #4 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very useful feature that a lot of people will appreciate. I enjoy it, even if I'm not looking to play any new MMORPGs; it also gives people more incentive to write reviews and play more games.

04-24-2011   #5 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

This feature is nice, i wonder though if ggftw gets any payment for this?

04-24-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

omgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura aboutomgwtfkitteh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to omgwtfkitteh
IGN: Dreidel
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 19x
Guild: Nature's Pillows

Looks nice. I like that it shows the star rating. Gives lots of choices for people needing new games to play.

Good job guys :3

[Syia|Fantasia|Archeologist|4xx|AC|]On hold 'till I get money

Not on as much during the summer because of how hot it gets in my room

Trickster Comic: Drawn by my friend NeoFox. Co-written by the both of us.

Up to date info can be found on Her blog - And mine

04-24-2011   #7 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
This feature is nice, i wonder though if ggftw gets any payment for this?
Noe said the location was not "sellable" so I doubt we are receiving any money for having it.

I actually kind of like it, gives me suggestions for what games I should review next.

04-24-2011   #8 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

It's not buggy like thsoe ads and more like a part of a "site layout". So it's cool.

Oh and I see Buffs in the TO recommendation banner. *_*

04-24-2011   #9 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

I really like the implement of Game Recommendation Box!!!! They looks nice and adds colours to the site~!

Good job ggFTW 8D

04-24-2011   #10 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

Very neat and cool idea, but pages load slower from my phone ;;

04-24-2011   #11 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Just wanted to put my two cents in on what an amazing job you guys are doing. I mean first with game ratings, and then reviews, and now the first 10 feature and this recommendation box... to think that if we just backtracked a couple of years we'd be MTers or MMOGers. Outstanding work!

It's the nature of my circuitry.