ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   ggFTW News (http://ggftw.com/forum/ggftw-news/)
-   -   Changes to Reputation System (again)... (http://ggftw.com/forum/ggftw-news/94580-changes-reputation-system-again.html)

NoeJeko 04-11-2011 05:06 PM

Changes to Reputation System (again)...

I've had about all of the reputation complaints I can take.

Effective immediately, members can no longer leave negative reputation for other members. Only senior staff and the staff operations team (grey names) can leave negative reputation. This follows the old saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

What started out as a fun, cosmetic system has led to unnecessary drama, accusations against staff members, and some rather violent outbursts. This system was never intended as such and members acting like this is very, very un-cress.

Also effective immediately, staff members other than management and operations can no longer see who left reputation for whom. We've stated countless times that Yuki is our sole point of contact for reputation-related issues so this shouldn't affect much. It does mean that the answer to any accusation that "oh, a staff member told me who said it" is now "you're lying, that person cannot even see reputation."

For those that liked the reputation system as it was, you have my apologies. Blame a few childish people for forcing these changes.

Since you can't leave negative reputation any more, try saying something nice to your fellow community members. Being nice is crescent fresh.

Allea 04-11-2011 05:33 PM

Wow...I guess it goes to show how far people will go to find out who left negative reps..but I guess it's for the best, the fact that people attack others in secret are just hiding themselves..

Jessica 04-11-2011 05:36 PM

Wow. This is cool I guess, since people just leave blank negatives, and its kind of annoying. Thanks for bringing this. :3

cornpirde35 04-11-2011 05:38 PM

cool beans hopefully no drama with this new system

Hekutaa 04-11-2011 05:38 PM

Cool, a fresh revision to the reputation system. Seeing that people love to throw negative reputation left an right without any sort of thought process.

Also, when I first read the changes, I immediately thought "I am going to love and tolerate the stuffing out of you."

PringleHeroZ 04-11-2011 05:43 PM

Lol negative rep Meh oh well. Should leave some less strees towards hate mail.

k0n 04-11-2011 05:47 PM

Red people must be famous now :V

mclericp 04-11-2011 05:49 PM

I agree with it. People randomly send stuff like 'go and die' or 'you suck' (believe me, i did receive alot of that) and these are irrelevant. So it is a good thing to change it!

Lime 04-11-2011 06:05 PM

Aww, now i'll never know what it's like to be De-repped by a immature forumer.

Looks like the true measure (if any) will be how fast the bars grow :3

MsSquid 04-11-2011 06:10 PM

I think it's silly that so many people got so angry over stupid colored boxes that the entire system had to be changed in a way that makes it work like a broken version of Fallout's karma system.

buta 04-11-2011 06:13 PM

I hate you. +rep

Janna 04-11-2011 06:24 PM

Personally I'm glad for this change, because there are a lot of jealous haters here (and anywhere, for that matter) that like to -rep for stupid things. People that did nothing wrong then end up with red boxes or something and that usually puts off some people from wanting to talk to them.

SOC 04-11-2011 06:37 PM

Drama drama.

Well if you remove negative rep, why not just remove it all together? lol I don't really feel like receiving positive rep will now mean all that much as it used to.

AnaSyami 04-11-2011 06:58 PM

All I could say is About time.
The uncalled for dereps were annoying o_o
Guess it's time to have some fun again without the dumb dereps <:
./Win Change
Everyone is happy?:)

RaiTheSoul 04-11-2011 07:00 PM

Never knew TO forum still has such an impact.

AnaSyami 04-11-2011 07:05 PM

LOL I don't know why but TO people seem to want to kill eachother not only in pvp but in RL lols.
And alot more drama then any other game but I guess it makes it interesting?Who knows.

Verse 04-11-2011 07:10 PM

This is cool, I've received 10 Negative de-reps containing the comment " - " only. I dont know why I receive those... @.@

AnaSyami 04-11-2011 07:11 PM

LOL Right behind you.
A bunch of "." "-" "," o.o;;
God knows why??????

Poople 04-11-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOC (Post 1509998)
Drama drama.

Well if you remove negative rep, why not just remove it all together? lol I don't really feel like receiving positive rep will now mean all that much as it used to.

I agree it should just be removed completely.

AnaSyami 04-11-2011 07:18 PM

Maybe everyone will reach the Beyond Repute thing. And everyone will be even oh well lol