Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-13-2011   #61 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Someone before this post wrote that having dereps removed will cause people to actually speak out now instead of hiding behind reps. But when people actually call a name at, for example, the ranting section of the forums they get attacked or the whole thread or post gets removed, cause the person they were talking about is basically getting talked about, and that's a big no-no on these forums.

At least by derepping someone, you, me, everyone that derepped at least once, made sure that their voice could be heard without having the fear of getting their opinion removed, even if it was by 'hiding' behind the rep system. I actually left my name a couple times when I derepped members cause it didn't really matter to me because it was my opinion they were acting rude about; and they did derep back (it was obvious, and no I never asked a mod who derepped me, cause I couldn't care less) but never left their names.

So I think that the rep system should've been left the way it was. The only changes that would've been better would be actually showing the names of the people who rep or derep you, or completely removing the power the mods have to be able to check who gives what rep, and just let Yuki and Paul be the only ones that can.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-13-2011   #62 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valese
So I think that the rep system should've been left the way it was. The only changes that would've been better would be actually showing the names of the people who rep or derep you, or completely removing the power the mods have to be able to check who gives what rep, and just let Yuki and Paul be the only ones that can.
There was a reason why mods couldn't show who derep'd you.... it was so there wasn't any "lolbutthurtrevenge dereps" going around. Adding the ability to show who rep/derep'd you does nothing.

Also, you prefer cowardice? If that something negative was actually something "useful"/constructive, the person should have the balls to just say it and not hide behind "I disapprove."

04-13-2011   #63 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Ok, I'll leave this thread open for discussion under the following guidelines:

1) We're not changing our decision. I appreciate the diversity of viewpoints shared but that diversity also solidifies the hypothesis that nothing we can do with this system is "right" by everyone.

2) Discussion will continue without attacking the others in the thread. Comments such as "only those with high rep complain" and "you prefer cowardice" are very thinly veiled ad hominem attacks and are not necessary. Attack each others' viewpoints to your hearts content but please keep it logical and within the confines of our rules.

If we can't operate under these guidelines (#2 especially) then we'll just lay this to rest and close the thread to further discussion.

Thanks.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

04-13-2011   #64 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

Time to transition your pwning to PMs.

04-13-2011   #65 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleEden Eternal
Awards Retired Wiki StaffMost Valuable DivisionEvent Winner

gawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: DiisneyLoverrrrr
Class: Sheepie

If you feel like someone on the forum goes as far as you feel like ranting about him/her in a bad way, learn to use the ignore function. If you have anything constructive to say which could help said member out, please do so whether it be in some kind of reply to their post or PMs, but keep it formal. Keep dramas, disputes you have with players in-game just there as well and don't bring them here on the forums. Time can be spend on improving the site better than always dealing with rep issues between members which is time consuming. This change will bring more good than bad, the loss is at minimal as well. Just my opinion on this.

04-13-2011   #66 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleEden EternalMapleStory

ChocoKeiko is just really niceChocoKeiko is just really niceChocoKeiko is just really niceChocoKeiko is just really nice
Class: Gunslinger
Level: 11x

For me, I would like that the rep system was completly removed, since only staff can de-rep, I would rather that they gave a warning for bad behaviour and going against the rules.

04-13-2011   #67 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games
ACE OnlineAir RivalsCosmic BreakGunZ
Awards Event WinnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Ayu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Ayu

Quote:
Someone before this post wrote that having dereps removed will cause people to actually speak out now instead of hiding behind reps.
I honestly don't think that's going to happen even though the chance is higher now. Some people might care about rep while whining and crying about negs, but in most cases I think it's people who don't get along or people who know there's a chance "that person" negged them, for whatever reasons. There's usually never really a case of people being negged without "asking for it" by something they wrote in their post or simply because certain people do it "because they can" because it's who they decide to come off as around here. There's no big surprise when people get negged by certain people here. And if it's by someone else, then it's usually a "legit" case where you asked for it in your post.. buuut, if it's mature people, then they'd rather actually reply to your post and let you know why they disagree with yours instead of being childish and OMG LOL I'MMA NEG U, NEG TAKE THAT.

All I'm saying is that there's usually no big surprise when people get negged by person Y or X so I doubt there will be many cases where people wonder why exactly they got negged enough to discuss it. If you get negged for no apparent reason (where it's clear you didn't "deserve" it), it's usually by someone who would do it to other people too. Anyway, I doubt people left long messages in each other's User CP with a reason when negging, so I really don't think people are gonna fly at each other and make it any different.

☆ 3DS: 3883-6119-6754

Last edited by Ayu; 04-13-2011 at 05:19 PM.

04-13-2011   #68 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

MedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud ofMedicationGeneration has much to be proud of

I support this change, in the sense that this feature is fading. As Noe had stated in the opening post, this feature was only meant for fun, and yet, people who decide to make it their lives sit behind a computer screen and believe they can hurt people via text. There was, and still remains an inbox function for a reason, don't just "dob" on people for no reason. If you have a problem with someone, discuss it in private. No one needs to listen, or read your crap, so just inbox them about it. If it does happen to get out of hand, there is a report function. All these things are here for a reason, don't turn this into a preschool by throwing tantrums when things don't go your way.

As for an earlier post, I support Valese in the sense that if you're going to "attack" someone, at least be decent enough to leave a name, and although sometimes it seems like a bit much to ask, the comment part of rep is there for commenting. Give a reason.

Apologies if I seem blunt or assertive, I just don't tolerate childish behaviour of this sort, having lead to this.

04-13-2011   #69 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

Quote:
Also, YouTube has a dislike button and it's awesome.
You also know almost all videos end up to be "HOW CAN XXX PEOPLE DISLIKE THIS?!?!" in the comments bar right?

Quote:
However, someone fueled by rage and hate will write paragraphs and novels (see:rant forum). Once they calm down, it's back to lazy.
And basically this. You have no idea how many wall of texts all of us have received about stuff like this but when it comes to doing helpful stuff, they actually disappear. ;_;

04-13-2011   #70 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

Sigh...they are just reps/dereps. They won't hurt you in real life, better yet they won't even hurt you online!

Leave Paul and the staff alone on this one, they work too hard for ggFTW. We shouldn't be giving them unnecessary trouble but support them when we can.

04-13-2011   #71 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

The average random de-repper doesn't have much rep power anyway. It's calculated on a formula whose factors include registration date, post count, and current reputation points. So people like to complain, but under any normal circumstance, the person who de-repped them probably only took like 20 at the most, which is pretty small (if I remember right, the pips are worth like 100 points each).

So yeah, it's like complaining because you dropped a penny and a kid picked it up and ran away laughing.

04-13-2011   #72 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
Also, you prefer cowardice? If that something negative was actually something "useful"/constructive, the person should have the balls to just say it and not hide behind "I disapprove."
I didn't say anything about preferring cowardice. My point was that posting in person may encourage flaming and result in the thread/post being removed even though it maybe "useful"/constructive. I think leaving a derep + comment privately maybe more effective instead of having their ego challenged in public and provoke arguing.

04-14-2011   #73 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

I support this change too. I always think that whatever is constructive and positive is also the best. Honestly, I'm sure 80% of negative reps left for members in general are chat, spam, harassment and the such. Most people even bypass the "you must leave a comment for -rep" rule by entering useless filler like "-" or "lol" or something completely stupid in the comment box. Clearly, the system requires you to say why you are giving that post a -rep so anything other than a valid reason would suggest to me the person has no real reason at all - they just want to troll and abuse the system. In the end, it's not a bad idea to encourage members to only leave reputation when it's for something positive. Thumbs up to Paul for implementing this change.

Quote:
The only changes that would've been better would be actually showing the names of the people who rep or derep you
I guess that would defeat the purpose of the system as being anonymous and encourage flaming or drama between members. Not showing the names is the same reason why we are asked to censor out names in screenshots when we post them.

Last edited by Aria; 04-14-2011 at 04:51 AM.

04-14-2011   #74 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award

AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots

I simply think that the changes are for the best, the whole derep thing was useless besides the whole drama behind it, if you don't agree just either post about it but without being rude to the other person, or just PM them. It's so simple people, and yes I do believe some of the ones still grumpy about this change is because they can't troll as much as they were able to. Good Job gg ftw for keeping this website drama free and maintaining a healthy and happy community with the least of problems, because you all have to remember the staff is here to help us not against us in any way. Sad if any staff abused there power to view the reps just to add on to the drama then maybe you aren't mature enough to be a mod at all. But for the rest Good job and your work is highly apreciated.

04-14-2011   #75 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
So yeah, it's like complaining because you dropped a penny and a kid picked it up and ran away laughing.
Hahahaha
If this makes less drama happen from people who whine from dereps then whatever works. However it still is sad that such a feature was removed due to a small group of people crying over it. After all, it's just red/green pixels under your avatar and name.

Whatever rocks your boat I guess.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

04-18-2011   #76 (permalink)
(・∀・)
Awards Pervert Award

phantastic has disabled reputation

Reputation system has always been abused in every forum where it was added. Usually involved in reputation wars between people. Remove the negative wasn't so bad, though I think removing it completely would had been even better.

04-20-2011   #77 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

I never really liked rep systems anyway. Lol. But.. as long it keeps certain people happy, then I'd guess its fine. :]

04-20-2011   #78 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^
Awards MoM AwardFacebook Fan

TheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to TheBlackCatXIII
IGN: TheBlackCatXIII
Class: Sense to_scientist

Nice adjustment - people tend to have a better quality of life in general when they have a certain amount of restriction asserted upon them. Unrestricted freedom will always bring about issues such as those seen in the reputation system.

One horrible prince. One Life. One Story.
http://horribleprince-onelife-onestory.blogspot.com/

Strive to Love

04-20-2011   #79 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

CodeCynthetik has a spectacular aura aboutCodeCynthetik has a spectacular aura aboutCodeCynthetik has a spectacular aura about

Never thought I'd say this but...

YES

Those de-repping trolls are the reason I don't come in here anymore. The anonymity behind it makes it twice as annoying.

Thank you. Thank you so much.

Games currently Playing

League of Legends
TWElsword
LaTale
WoW(Retired)

04-21-2011   #80 (permalink)
Rem
take my hand ʚɞ
Games
La TaleFiestaTrickster OnlinePerfect World

Rem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud of
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Level: 160
Guild: Arctic

A little late, but im actually happy for this. That was one of the main reasons why i had decided to just use the lt forums instead of this.