Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-12-2011   #41 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

Agreeing with me is a good idea 99.99% of the time.

I've done much to prevent use of rep for its "intended" purpose. Popularity or infamy on forums rarely follows logic. On SW, rep is only given to those who donate to the forum. Staff aren't able to give rep, it's a distraction from duties.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-12-2011   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Negative Rep me plz

04-12-2011   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleMapleStoryRunescapeElsword

NinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura aboutNinjaFoxX has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to NinjaFoxX
IGN: Patchouli
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Level: 5x
Guild: Infinity/Syndicate

cool, i always get the crap end of these things.

04-12-2011   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaFoxX
cool, i always get the crap end of these things.
No need to whine.

04-12-2011   #45 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

I also consider the people who go around flaunting a red rep bar as if its something to be proud of, and talk as if its everyone else who doesn't think straight.

most of us know the type of person: they claim they get de-repped cause of their 'honesty' or because 'people are so sensitive', but they really just lack any form of tact whatsoever. Assuming because they're 'right' they can talk any kind of way to others.

Least now they won't have that'badge of honor.

04-12-2011   #46 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Man now I wanna' -rep every one in this thread. DARN IT!

lol, just kidding.

So will the rep bars and all that be changing to reflect this change? GGFTW ain't Facebook and "Like this" ain't rep. I'm not gonna' whine or anything, rep is just rep, but I was wondering if it'd change any now that -rep is gone. I'm half expecting it to be replaced with a thumbs up counter that people can just click "like this" for each of their posts and the counter in their little profile thing goes up each time someone does.

Also, YouTube has a dislike button and it's awesome. I feel like Facebook is for non-serious people like kids and grandmas while GGFTW is for gamers, but meh. If most of the GGFTW members like this change then that's good. The value of rep is down but now I feel like people not at max rep will still find reasons to whine about how they're not getting the "full rep" they think they deserve for all their posts, LOL.

I really miss not being able to -rep for really rude but not rude enough to report posts.

04-12-2011   #47 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite384
i like the new change better this way then allowing people to - rep without reason comment my reputation lately was alot - rep without any comment made me wonder if that just 1 person - rep me all so weird not that i care about if my rep is down people know me it was just all those - rep without any comment that made me lol
If I get -rep blank, then just ignore it. A tiny scrach like that can recover (AKA my overall green bar).

Putting that in spoiler because no one needs to read this.

Spoiler!

Either way, I hope that update will teach the sensitive ones a lesson. Don't feel offend for a tiny scrach, you still have this much green power in your bars! *Cough*

P.S. I did read most of the wall of text, so don't feel ignored. ^^;

04-12-2011   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineLuniaElsword

Nanoja has a spectacular aura aboutNanoja has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Nanoja Send a message via Skype™ to Nanoja
IGN: xAniseTatlinx
Class: Entertainer to_cat
Guild: Brave Vesperia

This is for the best, just the other day I recieved a negative rep in blank. So yeah.. People are awful creatures.

04-12-2011   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordLa TaleGrand Chase

Shireinue will become famous soon enough
IGN: Raenue, arikis, Aisare
Class: I play as everything o_o to_primadonna
Level: 201, 56, 24 .x.
Guild: Burning Rush

I hope I'm not among the few that is causing such things ^^, Not sure why I would be, I think kindness is bliss

04-12-2011   #50 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
This really isn't up for debate. Even within staff, there's absolutely no way that we'll agree on a single course of action.

The fact is, however, that I don't have time to deal with this and it's really stupid. I JUST got a PM from a member who was legitimately upset over being called a "derp" in a reputation comment. This member IMMEDIATELY blamed zgmfx19a and then proceeded to go on about HK TW and clans at which point I finally knew what the hell he was talking about. Now, let's look at this objectively:

1. Derp isn't even in the Oxford dictionary. It's not a word. I'm wasting my time trying to console someone over an Internet meme that wasn't intended to be serious from the beginning? Bad use of time.

2. I had to go research a reputation comment so I could say 100% sure that it wasn't a staff member that left it (it wasn't by the way, but even if it was SO WHAT?) Bad use of time.

Instead of trying to do something to make the site better, I have to go on a rep witch hunt because little Johnny got called a "derp". Are you freaking kidding me?

Here's why a comment length won't work: It'll kill off positive reps. People are lazy; especially ggFTW.com members. These guys wouldn't even invite 10 people to join for chances to win $50 gift cards. However, someone fueled by rage and hate will write paragraphs and novels (see:rant forum). Once they calm down, it's back to lazy.

I kinda see the point about identifying trolls but two things. 1) there's no red bar floating above peoples' head in real life labeling them as trolls and bullies yet still somehow they get this reputation. I'm pretty confident that word of mouth will do the same thing here. 2) It's not the trolls and bullies that *get* de-reps, they're usually the ones that give them inciting massive BAW that I must take time out of trying to make this place better to go investigate. Even if I pass the buck to Yuki (which I oh-so-often do), I still have to interrupt and react.

Let's go back to the "but you can't know if they're a troll". I submit to you that even with a long red bar, if you just assume that person is a troll the first time you speak with him or her then shame on you. Shame for not having the clarity of thought to make up your own mind and blindly following what others say like a lemming. A red bar should tell you a couple of things -- that a lot of people think the person is unhelpful -- but you should always make up your own mind about a person. What if they're just misunderstood? What if they play on the HK server instead of TW (to use a VERY relevant example)? What if they just joined at a time when everyone was going through a -rep spree "for the lulz"

Why is it so difficult for a community of grown, mature gamers to either say something nice about someone or nothing at all? Why are we even having this debate? All of the points I see raised are easily dismissed. So you can't look at a long red bar and make a prejudiced opinion that the person is stupid or trolling. You can still look at a short green bar and make at least one valid deduction: 1. Not a lot of people took the time to voice that this person's posts were helpful.

Likewise, you can look at a black box and see that a person probably either does not care what people think or cares too much what people think.

I'm actually going to agree with Adura partially for once. Trolling rep is more discreet. Forcing someone to either keep their negative comments to themselves or step out from behind the cloak of anonymity will almost certainly led to the decline of such comments. People love to hide behind the veil that is Internet anonymity and jeer, sneer, and take stabs at people they would otherwise not do if their names were attached. It's actually a bit sickening, rather, to see this side of my fellow human beings. Nevertheless, it happens.

My suggestion would be: If you don't like a comment someone has made, openly and maturely comment upon it and start a debate. Think that your guild is so much better than someone else's? Then why not talk about all your good points and then let the other person discuss his or her guild's good points? If you do like it, then why not add to the person's rep to show others how helpful you thought his or her post was?

Most of the lolrepdrama is either related to a person's guild or the game server on which they play. Is this really a solid measure of a person? Why should we facilitate a system of anonymous negativity and hate? Why should we create a system in which a new member can be made uncomfortable and perchance leave because someone was feeling "lulzy"?

ggFTW members are more mature than this.

This started as a response to a similar discussion in our staff forum but evolved to the point that I'd rather post it out here.
tl;dr

No, but really, I'm fine with this either way. Some people just take shit way too seriously, but it makes a lot of hassle for the staff when they complain. Do what you have to, Paul, I completely understand.

04-12-2011   #51 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoja
This is for the best, just the other day I recieved a negative rep in blank. So yeah.. People are awful creatures.
That is probably the best conclusion I have ever seen.

Getting negative reputation on an online forum means that people are awful creatures!

04-12-2011   #52 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBieber

Getting negative reputation on an online forum means that people are awful creatures!
It's not the action but the principle/thought behind it.

The person wants to do something rude and thoughtless to someone else anonymously just for the pleasure of doing so, I suppose anyways.

04-12-2011   #53 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

I love it how people are LITERALLY whining about rep.

It's just a bar below your name.

It does nothing, most people don't even think twice about that tiny bar over there.

Sure, it may be annoying to see red things in your User CP. But nevertheless, it isn't going to harm you. This is not DeviantArt, this is not your dumb roleplaying forums where you require reputation to be popular. Stop acting as if reputation is everything in these forums.

You wanna know what's cool in these forums that people would care about? Userbars.

Now start joining in events and get those things.

This is Kyuubey

04-12-2011   #54 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games
ACE OnlineAir RivalsCosmic BreakGunZ
Awards Event WinnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Ayu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Ayu

Sad to see how much certain people care about colored pixels on the Internet and how much trouble they put staff through because they can't stop taking it too seriously.

Really guys (whoever it may concern), if you can't stand each other, put each other on ignore and then proceed to grow up.

Edit: Thanks for the change btw. Sorry you had to implement something like this as you can't please everyone, but at least it will prevent you from having to deal with all the whining and crying about negative reps.

☆ 3DS: 3883-6119-6754

Last edited by Ayu; 04-12-2011 at 11:26 PM.

04-12-2011   #55 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBieber

dey hurtz me feelinz mang

04-12-2011   #56 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

I don't really care about my rep but I gotta admit, these little green squares are pretty *o*

-Lt.Commander Yonem Kirks, African Zeon Remnants

04-13-2011   #57 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Just use the report button for any kind of rude or insensitive posts; give out the -reps to the poster after confirmation.

y/n?

04-13-2011   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaLeague of LegendsDungeon Fighter OnlineGunZ

CrunchyRoll has disabled reputation
IGN: Dithyrambic
Class: Healer lu_eir
Level: 85
Guild: Poverty

people care too much about rep :@

04-13-2011   #59 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

I think the only time I ever noticed i got a -rep was when a mod +repped me and spiked up my green bars so I went to check who it was. I hadn't checked it in so long, I was shocked to see the anonymity feature. The -rep comment read "BAWWWW the new layout sucks" in response to how I said that I liked the new layout of the site wayyy back when it was implemented. I just chuckled and went on with my day ;3

In all honesty, I think this is an improvement to the site. The extent to which the rep drama was escalating was completely unnecessary and very immature anyway.

04-13-2011   #60 (permalink)
Deadpool approves!
Games
Cosmic BreakGrand ChaseMapleStoryMabinogi

Marzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to allMarzai is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Marzai
IGN: -points at name-
Guild: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
Sad to see how much certain people care about colored pixels on the Internet and how much trouble they put staff through because they can't stop taking it too seriously.

Really guys (whoever it may concern), if you can't stand each other, put each other on ignore and then proceed to grow up.
It's probably because those sensitive people always have something to prove - a chip on their shoulders, if you will - about ...well, something that shouldn't and doesn't matter with people you don't even know or see in real life. So, if people stopped trying to prove themselves as the being they dream to be, we'd probably wouldn't have this in the first place.

So, it's better taken to the PMs, or the duels, or the guild battles, or the world chat in the game that they play, rather than getting the uninvolved staff (or other people with Life breathing down their necks) with something that should be kept between the involved parties.

Pinkie Pool's archnemesis: Oatmeal.