Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-18-2010   #1 (permalink)
B> Admin Privileges

ggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changes to Reputation System

Hi everyone,

Recently we've been seeing more and more complaints about the reputation system. The system was originally implemented as something fun and lighthearted. It was never intended to be something taken seriously. As always, however, a few people seem to try and ruin the fun for everyone.

This time we're not allowing those few that want to be jerks with the reputation system to ruin the fun of everyone. To keep the system in place for those who like it and help mitigate the complaints of those that do not, all members with more than five (5) posts can now disable their reputation. Previously, this was limited only to site subscribers, VIP members, and members with more than 500 posts.

You will still be able to see reputation comments; however, positive and negative reputation will not show to the public should you choose to disable your reputation. This is a two-edged sword; it also means reputation you leave for others will not count.

We're trying our best to ensure ggFTW appeals to the widest audience of gamers and keep everything as fair as possible for our members. Please help us create the best MMO and MMORPG community on the net by being courteous to your fellow ggFTW members.

All the best,

-- ggFTW Staff

Original Article

This article is a ggFTW news or game news article and is posted to the forum when published.

ggFTW Site News
ggFTW Game News

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-18-2010   #2 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

I would personally suggest to get rid of it completely (as I have said in the past). It serves no true purpose to the forum, and anybody can de/rep for any reason at all; this can cause grief and unnecessary drama.

Even a well known scam artist/gigantic jerk can amass tons of positive rep (I do agree it's a bit near impossible), so it's not like rep is any sort of indication of where a person stands in the community anyway.

10-18-2010   #3 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

Well this is a nice touch, though personally I've never found a problem with reputation.

10-18-2010   #4 (permalink)
Jon
Games
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noperative
Well this is a nice touch, though personally I've never found a problem with reputation.
You won't find a problem with the system unless you've become personally attacked through it. Basically anybody can de-rep you for any reason at any time; this becomes frustrating when the reason for the de-rep is out of pure jealously/hatred/bigotry and the comment they leave is degrading.

10-18-2010   #5 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

@Vith, it was never intended as an indication of "community standing." It's purely cosmetic and just as many like it as dislike it. That's why we expanded the option to disable it to all members; it doesn't make sense to punish those who like it because of a few who would abuse it. Rather, if people dislike it they can just turn it off and that's that

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

10-18-2010   #6 (permalink)
Jon
Games

You have a good point, NoeJeko. At any rate, thank you for the changes to the reputation system.

10-18-2010   #7 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

This is definitely a change for the better. In my personal opinion at least, I think that the double edged sword idea is really well done so that there won't be rep wars or any crap like that. I personally like the rep system because part of what I base trust on is their rep points @_@ although I'm rather picky with it... and I know it wasn't intended for that purpose, but it subconsciuously does that to people.. I think 8D

tumblr / instagram

10-18-2010   #8 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award

AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots

Yayy ^o^ Great job you guys this was def. a great step, and I think this is more then enough. It's simple just turn your rep off now if you want ^-^. I do hope the negative reps do stop cause sometimes those comments be plain old nasty >: ! SPREAD THE LOVE PPL<3~ When I rep I always make sure to say that and you should all take that to mind just try spreading the love =3

10-19-2010   #9 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

This is a good update, but I have a question btw of the mentioning of a ''rep war''.

How often can you change if you want to activate or deactivate your reputation? Cause if you could just choose to activate it again you could still join a rep war. But if there's like a certain time delay on re-activating it, that could help against this.

I doubt this update was made with rep wars in mind though. Just a thought!

Personally I don't have any problems with the reputation system, I think it's a fun feature!

10-19-2010   #10 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mums
This is a good update, but I have a question btw of the mentioning of a ''rep war''.

How often can you change if you want to activate or deactivate your reputation? Cause if you could just choose to activate it again you could still join a rep war. But if there's like a certain time delay on re-activating it, that could help against this.

I doubt this update was made with rep wars in mind though. Just a thought!

Personally I don't have any problems with the reputation system, I think it's a fun feature!
Disabling rep only disables its visibility to other users. You can still be repped/derepped and the number still stays.

10-19-2010   #11 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Disabling rep only disables its visibility to other users. You can still be repped/derepped and the number still stays.
Yea but you could still rep with power before, am I right? Now they changed it so that your rep will only be a comment without any points.

10-19-2010   #12 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Members who choose to disable their reputation have never had any "rep power". This is no change -- any "points" revert to zero once one disables his or her reputation.

k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

10-19-2010   #13 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Guild: kool kids klub

Funny how everyone who has posted in this thread have lots of rep bars.

`-`

10-19-2010   #14 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

^ lol I was thinking that while looking through, though i have nothing really to add.

10-19-2010   #15 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Members who choose to disable their reputation have never had any "rep power". This is no change -- any "points" revert to zero once one disables his or her reputation.
Oh? I didn't know! Thanks for the info

10-19-2010   #16 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
Funny how everyone who has posted in this thread have lots of rep bars.

`-`
Yes, it is quite ironic

10-19-2010   #17 (permalink)
User Error
Games
MapleStoryEden Eternal
Awards Event Winner

Fuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of lightFuzzy is a glorious beacon of light

O hay guise... How does I get light green thingy?

Lol... At least its better than a completely red person combo breaking..

I for one don't care about the Rep system... I only derep for fun... And rarely is it fun so I just don't do it.

10-19-2010   #18 (permalink)
Supporter
Special

Akurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the rough

Wait, why are our reps/dereps made anonymous?

10-19-2010   #19 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akurei
Wait, why are our reps/dereps made anonymous?
To prevent butthurt people creating drama over something so small.
We wouldn't want rep wars and targeting of individuals over something like that would we?

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

10-19-2010   #20 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
To prevent butthurt people creating drama over something so small.
We wouldn't want rep wars and targeting of individuals over something like that would we?
Yup. Some people get butt-hurt so easily over a de-rep that it's not even funny :P

gg Noperative