Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-19-2010   #21 (permalink)
Supporter
Special

Akurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
To prevent butthurt people creating drama over something so small.
We wouldn't want rep wars and targeting of individuals over something like that would we?
Are there problems with anonymity abuse? I'm wondering whether people might be a little more careful about their commenting if they weren't behind a wall or something.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-19-2010   #22 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akurei
Are there problems with anonymity abuse? I'm wondering whether people might be a little more careful about their commenting if they weren't behind a wall or something.
Admins/mods (except for guild leaders) can see who gave the (de)rep. So if there is any abuse going on, the offender will be able to become punished accordingly.

10-19-2010   #23 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akurei
Users should be cautious about their comments regardless of this anonymity wall.
If anyone were to send insulting comments via the reputation system, the offended member need simply report it to us.

Staff can view who sent the reputation and the attached comment.
We can take appropriate action if needed on the offending user, and delete the hateful rep.
But cases such as these are rare, as they usually bite their tongue or write no comment at all.

Writing no comment is common to simply say they strongly disagree, rather than write something which may offend the user.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

10-19-2010   #24 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaGrand ChaseEden Eternal
Awards Pervert Award

AnaSyami has disabled reputation
IGN: AnaSyami
Class: #1 Everything.
Level: 75
Guild: AutoBots

This is well done all around, I think everyone answered any questions being thought about this/ doubts about this. Now the real good times begin, IF people STILL decide to keep harassing with dereps then they'll have to deal with the consequences. At the end of it all SPREAD THE LOVEEE <3333 8D~
=3 you can be the first to spread the love back by repping positively right noww teehee, maybe to me? :> I promise to spread it back :3!
Not even just that, friend me, talk to me if you'd like make new friends all around GG FTW I don't mind who you are just have fun with it
OMG I am truly sorry people if you don't like the bright purple ):... i just really liked it.. but meh.. I guess I can change it if it bothers people that much.. ;-;
Btw ty and if you do spread the love leave your gg ftw name so i can friend you and we can talk more ;o;

Last edited by AnaSyami; 10-19-2010 at 09:04 PM.

10-19-2010   #25 (permalink)
Supporter
Special

Akurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the roughAkurei is a jewel in the rough

Oh, I didn't know that second part. Thanks, man. If that's how it works I'm good.

10-19-2010   #26 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

Took this post as a reminder to turn off my rep. I think it just unnecessarily adds to people's egos. Plus, black is hotter.

Quote:
=3 you can be the first to spread the love back by repping positively right noww teehee, maybe to me? :> I promise to spread it back :3!
:| more reason to why people should turn it off

Last edited by mamoru; 10-19-2010 at 09:10 PM.

10-19-2010   #27 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering Eye

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Well I guess this is good....Though I never had any problem with the rep system o-o

10-19-2010   #28 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

Back then, a reputation was used as a way to determine how helpful a member was (for me).
Now it's completely an aesthetic that serves no real meaning about how helpful a member was (still my personal view). Everyone is tossing random reps here and there because they can and it's private.

In the end, members here will always know who is helpful based on post/answers instead of reputation now.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

10-19-2010   #29 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering Eye

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
In the end, members here will always know who is helpful based on post/answers instead of reputation now.
Its always been that for me...So =D!

10-19-2010   #30 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

At the end of it, I'm not going to be sitting here and taking it that serious, I'm going to rep people I think have been nice, have great personality, and that's my choice at the end of it. If you don't like me saying to spread the love that's on you, don't get so worked up on something that could be just a way to have a good time and be friendly to others.
Also if I like how artistic they've been with there profiles, drawings ect. but that's my choice hate it or love it.

10-19-2010   #31 (permalink)
situation walkspace

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, i disabled it cos i don't take it that seriously. like mirae said, it's not a measurement of how "good" you are as a user, it's just a feel-good image for people. it's not a bad thing really, but it's something i dislike, and i think it starts a lot of drama within the forum.

Last edited by mamoru; 10-19-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: redundancy

10-19-2010   #32 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Well if I can't say simply positive things , I'm not saying I'm better then anyone.. I'm saying to spread the love, I threw a little joke there yah and sarcasm, but if it's that serious to you just respect my opinion about what I think. If I feel that I could rep and be friendly to others and rep them if I like what new thing they've done then so be it, I'm not looking for drama.. but when you quote me like that and are like "This is why..." it seems kind of rude. No need to be a troll.
You can dislike my opinion, just learn how to respect what I think please.

10-19-2010   #33 (permalink)
situation walkspace

i'm not targeting you in particular by quoting the segment, and i'm totally not trolling or trying to start flames if that's what you're getting at. it just seemed to me like that's the general consensus of what repping is like now. and like i said, it's not something serious to me, in fact, i'm saying that people are taking rep too seriously when it's just bits of green.

10-19-2010   #34 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Understandable, but just try to not quote then if you aren't targeting me just say how you feel without doing such a thing, cause then I feel targeted.

10-19-2010   #35 (permalink)
situation walkspace

i'm glad you understand, but i hope you will also respect that i will not shut my mouth because of possible misconceptions -- especially since it's part of my right as a forum user to quote and post as long as it fits the rules, like how you are able to change font colors. though i see how this is going off-topic, so if you want to reply, please pm me. ~

10-19-2010   #36 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

It's not a reason to go on and on over our two different opinions. We can talk about this over and over but you have an idea on it and I do too and everyone has different opinions just respect them is all.

10-19-2010   #37 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

I never cared about the bars or the 'receiving' part of reps. It's all about the 'giving'. I rep posts that deserve it, so I guess it's kinda of a personal thing for me.

Self-satisfaction? *scratches head*

10-20-2010   #38 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

IMO if people are going to hand out de-reps, at least give a valid reason to do so... But whatever, I don't de-rep people anyway.

This is Kyuubey

10-20-2010   #39 (permalink)
Rem
take my hand ʚɞ
Games
La TaleFiestaTrickster OnlinePerfect World

Rem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud ofRem has much to be proud of
Class: Elemental Master lt_sorcerer
Level: 160
Guild: Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
IMO if people are going to hand out de-reps, at least give a valid reason to do so... But whatever, I don't de-rep people anyway.
I agree on that. The most time i get de repped is because my prices are inaccurate, even tho i stated "im not really sure on the price, its negotiable" its like people cant read? Only thing that bothers me is that people wont say that to your face, or help you out on the price of things in your post..

10-20-2010   #40 (permalink)
ღ #нвιc 7.18.11
Games
Awards Pervert Award

>: I got derepped for my bright font xD...