For being a beta, it's quite nice, actually. Saves some time lurking around the entire forum and whatnot...
I tried testing it here and there, forgive me, but I'm not really selling an item haha;; But though, after testing it, I have a bit of concerns, although I hardly play any MMOs these days.
1) The feature is nice, it's quite simple. However, after trying to put a game other than Trickster Online (Hello Kitty Online... Hey I like it okay D: ), it ends up coming out like THIS:
I know it isn't a big concern, but the market would be x2 more perfect if you had... A filter to only look for ONE certain game. Like for example...
Game: Overlord Arturia Online
Item Date: December 1st 2011 to December 24th 2011
And since GGWTF has an IMMENSE number of games, browsing through will be EXTREMELY difficult to find for the item you want. Of course, a search engine would be nice too, like...
Game: Overlord Arturia
Item Date: January 1 2010 to March 5 2010
Search: Circuit, Poring Card, Orc Axe, Super Novice, Violet Fear
2) I know I'm being a bit inconvenient to some people, and I'm going to get punched for this, but is it possible to give a limit of... let's say, a maximum of 5 items, Nii? This is so because it won't flood the list or so. Then again, people can just write multiple items in one posts too.
And to prevent something like this, Nii.
3) Just wondering, what happens when "Time Remaining" at the auction is gone? I know there's the whole "Auto-Closure" part, but would it be deleted from the Market list or would it show the winner of the bid before the owner takes it down? D: Personally I would recommend number 1, so it won't take so much space. Having a "time limit" on the market entries would be nice too, like if the item cannot be sold/owner forgot to take it down/buyer is someone OUTSIDE of GGWTF, then the entry would be deleted by itself. A personal message with "LOL YOUR ITEM WAS DELETED BECAUSE THE ITEM EXCEEDED TIME LIMIT LOL 8D" message to notify the said person would be nice too, in case they are not aware. D:
EDIT: I just noticed another flaw. For all we know, at the B> or S> sections, like example, I opened up an entry saying: "Selling> Noe Jeko's Underpants, name your offer. Also throwing in Myon's Biology Textbooks", and that post is just... gone from the list. There could be someone who goes around and press "LOL SELL THIS ITEM" when they're not really selling it. Even if they WANT to sell it, it might be an overcharged price, and that's... the only offer you're going to get. (Unless I'm missing something? D: )
4) I AGREE WITH THE OTHERS. WIKI LINK COME BACK =( It was one of the very core of GGWTF. Personally with all these gaming content coming out, I suggest a drop-down box, since this forum is going more towards the "super" kind of gaming forum, with the beta keys and all, which... doesn't concern people who hardly plays MMOs anymore, like me. D:
5) This is by advance, but I do NOT
recommend taking down the Markets in the Game Sections. Unless there is a comment system coming up, which you can negotiate the prices or such, I suggest keeping them, like...
Name: Staff Banhammer
Description: The most quickest (and cheapest) way of ending a battle. Good against noobs. Feel free to contact ArturiaPendragon for price, located at: forum/ggftw-online/13337-overlord-rebellion.html
Personally, I think a comment system would be better than a feedback system, but that's just me. D:
Well that's it... Ovarall it's nice, but quite a few flaws here and there. Keep up the good work. =D