League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-02-2010   #1 (permalink)
B> Admin Privileges

ggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond reputeggFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default ggFTW Social Feed Updates, 10/2

Hi everyone,

We've recently expanded the social feed to include game downloads and beta keys. You can now get a quick look at popular game downloads and more visibility of our beta key contests. Coming soon will be a "popular downloads" section to the ggFTW homepage highlighting the ten most downloaded games of the day.

The social feed will also be diminishing from the homepage in the coming weeks. We never intended this to be a permanent solution for the homepage but we needed something that was updated regularly while NoeJeko was crazy busy finishing school. Now that we have regular game updates, site updates, and new game downloads coming regularly it's outlived its usefulness on the homepage.

For those that like the social feed, don't fret! It's not going away! Certain activities will always be logged to the homepage (like key giveaways and other event-driven activities). The social feed will be replacing the "visitor messages" on your profiles. Similar to other social networking sites' activity feeds, news feeds, or walls; the ggFTW social feed will provide a real-time list of a member's activities. Of course, privacy settings will still be respected; we'll work to fine tune these as we transition the social feed to its proper place.

One last thing, we heard a rumor that the new market system automatically notifies the winner and seller when an auction closes and has a real-time list of all items ordered by closing date on the homepage. We also heard that you can set your "default market" to a specific game so you don't have to wade through all the other game "clutter" if you don't wish to see it. We're not sure how reliable this rumor is; someone dropped a note on NoeJeko's desk this morning...

-- Your too-tired-to-write-something-witty ggFTW Staff

Original Article

This article is a ggFTW news or game news article and is posted to the forum when published.

ggFTW Site News
ggFTW Game News

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-02-2010   #2 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

I really like how the social feed is already. Im not sure I understand how it's going to 'replace visitor messages on your profile'

I'm imagining a social feed-like thing on everyones page, which doesn't sound particularly good.

/edit and if that is the case, the social feed is likely to be something I choose to disable, though I use it a lot at the moment.

Last edited by Aimee; 10-02-2010 at 02:57 AM.

10-02-2010   #3 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

Yeah I like it how its at the home page...
I don't really want to have that on the profile, it would be kinda messy I guess? And its almost too facebook like .__.

Looking forward to the new market thing though~

10-02-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Legend of EddaLeague of LegendsTrickster Online

Linkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to beholdLinkykins is a splendid one to behold

Yeah. I dont understand how it would replace the vistor messages really, I dont use the social feed too much so that might have a thing to do with me not knowing lol.

ily snowii for sig

10-02-2010   #5 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

If it's supposed to be like other social networking sites, then it will defeat the point of the whole social feed.

I mean, the profile versions on Facebook show things you've recently done; befriending, posting, 'liking' and so on. If this is what will show up on our profiles I don't see the point. I use the social feed to see recent posts from every part of the forum, I don't want to have to lurk every user to see if a thread has a new post. I thought this was the whole point of the feed?

Anyway, I'll wait to see what this update actually means, because I don't really understand what's going to be changed, or why it has to be changed.

10-02-2010   #6 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

They pretty much said my concerns too. Can we get some more information, please?