ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   ggFTW News (http://ggftw.com/forum/ggftw-news/)
-   -   Announcing the MMO Marketplace (http://ggftw.com/forum/ggftw-news/83050-announcing-mmo-marketplace.html)

ggFTW 09-26-2010 11:30 AM

Announcing the MMO Marketplace

Hi everyone,

We're pleased to announce a new, upcoming feature to ggFTW -- the MMO Marketplace. The marketplace will be an online auction house of sorts where players can buy, sell, trade, and auction in-game items. The MMO marketplace will also include a feedback system by which the community can measure a particular buyer or seller's trustworthiness.

The market index page will show auctions ending soon and current items for sale/purchase. Members will be able to filter their results by game to reduce clutter. We expect this feature to be ready in 1-2 weeks.

We hope this will make the markets easier to navigate. Right now they're buried at least 3 (sometimes 4) forums deep and a forum was never meant as a market. We're not releasing any additional information on features at this time, but the staff members who have seen the prototypes really dig it :)

We will link from the forum markets once it's complete to reduce confusion. This system will also replace the iTrader system. Current iTrader total feedback scores will carry over, but specific information on past trades will disappear as the two systems are incompatible.

The marketplace will include every game we have in our database. We recognize that not all games have a player market and some games already have built in systems for this. Because we cannot reasonably investigate all games to see if they have a system or allow player trades, we are leaving it open to all games.

The marketplace will allow cash shop item trading for in-game currency only. Because some games allow this and some games do not, responsibility will be on the member to determine if a specific transaction violates a game's terms of service. Under no circumstances will items be traded for real-world cash or profit.

Stepping up the game,

-- ggFTW Staff

Original Article

SOC 09-26-2010 01:08 PM

Woot woot. Was wondering when this would finally happen. Good to see it coming so soon, no less!

Faith 09-26-2010 01:28 PM

It's coming everyone :)

This will hopefully make everything more organized.

MintyVampire 09-26-2010 02:14 PM

Sound pretty cool. Still a bit confused but guess I'll wait to see how it turn out.

Viet 09-26-2010 02:46 PM

Sounds really interesting, hope to see it implemented soon :D

Catharsis 09-26-2010 06:08 PM

Saw it yesterday. Pretty damn cool. It certainly made things less cluttered.

Seru 09-26-2010 07:10 PM

Sounds really interesting. Anything to reduce clutter is a +1 in my book :3

Tea 09-26-2010 10:19 PM

I can just see the last minute bidders .. ( person A bids 10,000.. person B.. bids 10,001 at the last minute.. person B wins ) .. Hopefully when designating an auction style marketplace .. there is an option to set bid increments and max bidding so you can max bid to stop the auction when the target amount is fulfilled. OR i could be way off.. we'll see i guess what the actual layout is for this system. Its intriguing~!

I love how new features are being integrated in here.. the traffic will pick up im sure due to more friendly usability options.

Queen 09-26-2010 10:36 PM

Sounds awesome, I'm sure when this takes off it'll draw in publisher forum go-ers who will want to take advantage of this feature.