Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-22-2010   #81 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firzin
Am I the only one who read the new logo as ''ftw? Looks too much like quotation marks to me :<
They are quotations, quotations that look like 'gg'

Last edited by Red; 09-22-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-22-2010   #82 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Eh... For some reason, everytime I visits Off-Topic section, I'll get randomly log-off.

09-22-2010   #83 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Pro layout is pro. I love the color scheme, actually. I stare at the vast brightness of Microsoft Word and Facebook all the time, so another blank slate isn't a shock to me. I always keep my brightness setting low anyway to conserve energy.

Besides, it's not really white... It's just the right side that's white. I don't see the big deal.

09-22-2010   #84 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
They are quotations, quotations that look like 'gg'
So why not actually... you know, use gg o_o

09-22-2010   #85 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

I guess its because quotation marks are just something different?

09-23-2010   #86 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Adura has disabled reputation

The use of #FFFFFF and colours visually close to it sticks the design in a several possible categories.
  • Lack of styling so the browser is using the default #FFFFFF background-color
  • So simple because internet newbies use it(Google, Facebook)
  • Utilitarian
  • Default style settings
  • Old-school
  • Internet-geek chic
  • Mobiles need things to be bright

There are likely more, but those are the ones I've come up with for now. I'm not sure if one or more of the above were intended. Luckily, if I dislike a site's style I know enough about CSS to restyle it to fit my needs.

09-23-2010   #87 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
why do I still have to suffer with the crappy margin handicaps and just look at big white empty blank spaces that are killing my eyes and making the rest of what I'm trying to view smaller?

A simple solution would be to turn your monitor brightness down. Honestly, unless you are in complete darkness when viewing ggftw (which you shouldn't be because that's bad for the eyes anyway), it shouldn't strain your eyes THAT much.

And THIS looks BETTER to people!?

Yes, yes it does. Different people have different opinion, and based on the responses in this thread you are in the minority alongside with the rest of the haters.

It's not pretty or "sleek" or "compact," and it's FAR from "good looking" or "likable" or "less-noticeable" or "easier on the eyes."

Opinion. You may not like it, but the current majority does. Last I checked, companies aim to please the majority, not minority.

Fourthly, the bottom needs A LOT of work. What's with the light gray font on white background!? Are you trying to give us headaches!? That's so hard to read and soooooo ugly and un-appealing. If you care so much about looks, like AVGN would say, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?

It's not done, but you probably already know that by now. Could you have possibly said this with a more respectful tone? You aren't helping him with it AT ALL, so you shouldn't be acting like a spoiled child because you didn't get what you want. At least have the decency to be courteous in saying what you don't like.

Make use of it and make me scroll down less!

Again, not done. Selfish. Rude.

I think what ticks me off the most is that I was actually looking forward to this because what I thought it would be (not as bright, easier on the eyes, more sleek) turned out to be brighter, harder on the eyes, giving me headaches, making things "smaller," uglier, and much less professional.

What an auto-centric statement. It's rude too.

And yeah about Facebook, this isn't Facebook. This is ggFTW.

No offense to Noe, but which of the two is more popular? Wouldn't it be a smart business move to aspire to be similar to those that are more successful?

Another complaint. On the left side with all the "MMO Games," I'm never, EVER going to use that and it replaced all the shortcuts like La Tale forums, Off Topic Forums, and Forum Home, which I used ALL the time. That really ticks me off, too.

More auto-centricity. In a formal, civilized debate, one would not address things with "I" as it just makes them look totally selfish. It would have been smarter of you to generalize.

So, to counter Vith's statement, yeah you really should still listen to people who don't like some of the things you do. Our opinion matters, too

A lot of what you said had good points behind them, but the deliverance was completely unprofessional and almost childish. It made you seem like you were talking down on him, as if you were in a higher position than he was. People more often take into consideration what was said to them in a civilized way, not harsh scrutiny or even insults.

As for the home page, "screams perfection?" Are you kidding me? It still suffers from those two huge blank white spaces and squishing what matters inbetween! You squished all the "activity" stuff in between all the other crap and now it's even harder to read through! Ungh it's SO ugly.

Rude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
As unfinished as it is, I accept that. What I don't accept is that what I was complaining about SHOULDN'T be unfinished, and you SHOULD'VE done whatever you're going to do with it BEFORE you released this to us. What I don't accept is "we're going to make it less bright/noticeable" and it was a total freaking lie. What I don't like is how all three of those links you posted all suffer from the same thing that make it much worse than the original way. THE TWO EMPTY BLANK WHITE AD SPACES SQUISHING WHAT MATTERS.

It's freaking fine and dandy if it takes time to do all this, then take the time to finish it and don't force us into an unfinished beta version. I was excited about it, but now I'm regretting that because, you know, I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE LESS BRIGHT/NOTICEABLE. Also, TELL US what you're going to "change" over time! Are you going to fix the two white blocks squishing everything!? Are you going to make things "Less bright/noticeable" like before!?
Maybe he will, did you think about that?

Didn't bother with the rest because I would sound redundant in criticizing his rudeness.

Yeah yeah, I see your ninja edit there Noe. I saw your original post. Want me to take this to PMs with you so we can debate this better? I did, however, want to express my opinion about this openly so everyone else can see it, too. I know there are users out there that don't like this new layout for the same reasons I don't, and if they see how much everyone else likes it, they'll lose hope and get dis-heartened, which I absolutely hate.

Debate =/= mud-slinging, or opinions, or selfish desires. A good debater backs up his position with actual facts and logical reasoning as to why it is correct. They also do it in a civilized manner. Acting like a spoiled child who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas isn't the best way to present your case. I do agree with you on a lot of these points you made, but, once again, the deliverance was terribly terribly rude. There's a difference between constructive criticism and harsh criticism
I'm sorry if I'm gonna get in trouble for posting what I did in the quotes, but that was completely uncalled for, and completely unfair to Noe. I know that if I worked really hard on a project only to get it trampled all over with insults and criticism, I would be pissed too. I'm not surprised he lost his temper a bit with the first post. I hate the fact that you could see that Noe is a webmaster that genuinely cares enough to want to implement changes to please the forumites, yet people still b***h at him everytime he changes the site. At least he and the staff aren't those who ignore the population completely, and just do things the way they like it. They actually make feedback threads and whatnot. Ugh, pessimists get me so riled up. Sorry for the outburst.

Anyways, I like this site design. It's fresh, and the two ads at the side, for some reason, don't seem as annoying now. It actually kinda complements the site :]. Good strategy if that was intended. The font is a bit small though, but the zoom feature fixes that up anyway.