Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-22-2010   #61 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Thanks for your opinion. We value everyone's input and will take member suggestions into account when redesigning the forum.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-22-2010   #62 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

I did read it all, and I even posted what's wrong with the new ggFTW site, too. I read this whole thread before I posted. Thanks for assuming I didn't. -_-

As unfinished as it is, I accept that. What I don't accept is that what I was complaining about SHOULDN'T be unfinished, and you SHOULD'VE done whatever you're going to do with it BEFORE you released this to us. What I don't accept is "we're going to make it less bright/noticeable" and it was a total freaking lie. What I don't like is how all three of those links you posted all suffer from the same thing that make it much worse than the original way. THE TWO EMPTY BLANK WHITE AD SPACES SQUISHING WHAT MATTERS.

It's freaking fine and dandy if it takes time to do all this, then take the time to finish it and don't force us into an unfinished beta version. I was excited about it, but now I'm regretting that because, you know, I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE LESS BRIGHT/NOTICEABLE. Also, TELL US what you're going to "change" over time! Are you going to fix the two white blocks squishing everything!? Are you going to make things "Less bright/noticeable" like before!?

And yeah Noe, the FORUM should revolve around the FORUM. It's fine if you want to incorporate other stuff into the forum, but don't ruin/take away what we do use in the forum! Some people only use ggFTW for the forum you know!

I understand that the forum isn't making you enough money, tell me, since when does "ruining" the forum have anything to do with "increasing revenue?" It's like you're trying to force us to visit more of the site by taking away what we actually used to like. I WANT you to increase revenue, I DON'T WANT you to take away what we use and replace it with things we won't ever use! I also don't want to look at this bright freaking new ggFTW layout that was promised to be much less bright!

EDIT:

Yeah yeah, I see your ninja edit there Noe. I saw your original post. Want me to take this to PMs with you so we can debate this better? I did, however, want to express my opinion about this openly so everyone else can see it, too. I know there are users out there that don't like this new layout for the same reasons I don't, and if they see how much everyone else likes it, they'll lose hope and get dis-heartened, which I absolutely hate.

Last edited by SOC; 09-22-2010 at 10:35 AM.

09-22-2010   #63 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Yes, my original post was a mistake. You're welcome to express your opinion -- no one will ask you to hide it. As I mentioned we welcome all feedback to try and make our site better for everyone. So far the vast majority of feedback has been very positive. Although we cannot hope to please everyone, it's great to know that so many of our members are pleased with the changes we're making.

In addition to the forum redesign, we have a few other handy things in the pipeline so be sure to stay tuned
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

09-22-2010   #64 (permalink)
8-bit
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

I'm liking the new forums, the only thing that's bugging me is when I click new posts (which is what I look at the most on here) is the sidebar on the left with the top games and beta games list. It's squishing the list of topics and our profiles >_<

Other than that I like it (as much as I've seen so far) -still in class haha-

09-22-2010   #65 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Skins?

I think the new layout is pretty nice looking. Seems the font got smaller which might take some getting used to, but overall I like it.

09-22-2010   #66 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

multiple skins would be nice, since I really am starting to hate this current one more and more (i know its a wip but still...).
Even if its just a palatte swap of the current one with a lot less white, I'd be happy.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

09-22-2010   #67 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

I think its a lot more clean and well organized but I personally feel its a little blank :<
Feels empty not seeing the familiar colors of the site..

09-22-2010   #68 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Grand ChaseLa TaleTrickster OnlineMapleStory

Hykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to beholdHykari is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to Hykari Send a message via AIM to Hykari Send a message via Yahoo to Hykari Send a message via Skype™ to Hykari
IGN: NeoConcept
Class: Elite to_dragon
Level: 113
Guild: Reignbow

I can understand you're passionate about your opinion on this new design, SOC, but don't you think you could've expressed it in a more respectful manner? I mean, could you post exactly what you would do to make it better (even though it's a WIP), and provide examples and such of what you mean. Or who knows, maybe you could link us to some forums that have the color scheme/design you were expecting this one to have. If it's possible to implement whatever those changes are and if the majority of people agree with you (you could probably post a poll or something to verify this), then I'm positive Noe would consider it.

09-22-2010   #69 (permalink)
Impenetrable Vanguard
Games
La TaleElsword
Awards Twitter Fan

Zuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Zuro
IGN: Zuro
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: 19x
Guild: Baguette

^ What he said. Don't have a heart attack.

LaTale - Zuro - 19x Strider: Kunaisen - 1xx Ruin Walker: Zeruna - 1xx Dragoon

09-22-2010   #70 (permalink)
Tarpzilla
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseHello Kitty OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffMr. ggFTW

Seru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond reputeSeru has a reputation beyond repute

Overall I like the new design. It's more sleek and easier to read and navigate around. I'm really glad that so far it's still easy to navigate using my phone, though I do agree with Kebin it feels a little to blank.

Everyday I look into the mirror in my room and realize that I need a step stool. B> height ;_;

09-22-2010   #71 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

The design is very pro-like, even though I noticed that it's a WIP.

However, is there a way to bring back the "custom guild forum layout" feature (the one where you need about 30 ggFTW members)? I will feel bad for the artist who is doing our artwork/render for our guild forums. T.T;

09-22-2010   #72 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

I have to agree with SOC on this one... But not with that screamy feel >:

I don't like this new layout at all x_x it is much brighter for me, and I have to change the brightness on my monitor otherwise I don't get eye sore (I have poor eyes with glasses on, it doesn't do them justice at all)

I liked the old colour scheme with the blue, I feel it suits the forum more, and I didn't have to squint at the page. I also don't like how I have to scroll down the page for my user CP, I'd rather have it at the top for easier access.

And you also said in a different thread that you might consider removing profile customization... But it's one of my favourite things to do on here D: I don't have Facebook, Myspace etc so I only have this site to customize my own profile

-1, sorry Noe

Last edited by Vixen; 09-22-2010 at 04:38 PM.

09-22-2010   #73 (permalink)
tail of fairies ღ
Special
Games
Spiral KnightsTrickster OnlineLa TaleElsword
Awards Event WinnerMs. ggFTW

Janna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond reputeJanna has a reputation beyond repute

I like it a lot, actually. My Firefox is set to zoom in 2x anyway since the laptop screen isn't that big and I'd rather not have my eyes die on me faster, so I see the supposedly tiny font fine... only irk is the background, hurts my eyes. I'm way too used to GGFtw's blue so it's harder to actually get used to seeing such bright gray/white on the site.

That and the left side links... I always used to shuffle between the La Tale/Trickster forums and can't anymore.

09-22-2010   #74 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

Vixen, the userCP still exists on the top. None of those navigation were changed.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

09-22-2010   #75 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineVindictusLa TalePangya
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Bonnie will become famous soon enoughBonnie will become famous soon enough

Cannot wait until the new look is finished. <: It's so nice and clean looking.
The white doesn't bother me at all :/ What's with people and saying it's bright? Dx

I have no complaints since I love it so far, though the people who don't like it so far just remind me of when the name went from mmog -> gg ftw.
I think those people are way over it now... so people will come to like this new design if they don't? I'd hope so anyway.

Oh, and is the wiki ever going to get a new look too?
the main page still has mymmogames on it. lol...

09-22-2010   #76 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

1,000 thread views =)

09-22-2010   #77 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Tama Ashenstone
Class: SMN

I like the more professional direction we're going in (in terms of design), and I'm positive it will attract more affiliation with publishers.

And like I believe Noe said, it would've taken months to fully implement everything and in my experience, the longer a project takes and the less eyes scrutinizing, the longer it'll take to be completed.

Example, you want to say lose weight. You'll be more motivated to run/exercise if you had a buddy, because then you'd have someone depending on you.

You want to create site progress, you have to start implementing anyway because then you have something to build upon.

I too have zero issues with the brightness, and I have brightness all the way up and I'm in dark sooooo. and I have a 17" monitor but anyone complaining about blank space on the sides can always minimize their browser. This isn't a fluid layout and if you shrink your browser to size, you can A) Have more windows opened and in-view to multitask B) Most websites use this same standard size anyway C) Who the hell with a fluid site would want to view it in full resolution.

I'll edit if I think of anything else to say :v I'm sad the new profile functions were shot down. IMO for the better for the site/the site's image more standardized profiles would come off as more professional, but to each his own I suppose.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

09-22-2010   #78 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie

Oh, and is the wiki ever going to get a new look too?
the main page still has mymmogames on it. lol...
Yup. It is still a work in progress as well.

09-22-2010   #79 (permalink)
<3 you Shane :3

Vixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond reputeVixen has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Vicksy
Class: Katarina to_cat
Level: Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
Vixen, the userCP still exists on the top. None of those navigation were changed.
Lol -fails-

p__q I never really looked at that strip before D:

09-22-2010   #80 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Am I the only one who read the new logo as ''ftw? Looks too much like quotation marks to me :<