Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-22-2010   #41 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

I like the combination of Orange and Black though...Its nice.
Seems sophisticated lol.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-22-2010   #42 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

Not to be butthurt, but this new site is so brighter than the last one, my eyes hurt!

09-22-2010   #43 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Like I said in the random thread..

I don't get this thing with bright. Facebook is all white and has more than 500 million users. As of January, users average 7 hours per month on Facebook. I just.. don't get it ~_~ Do all of you view ggFTW in the dark?
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

09-22-2010   #44 (permalink)
クレアアアアアア!!!
Games
Ragnarok OnlineLa TaleHello Kitty OnlinePangya
Awards Event Winner

ArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond reputeArturiaPendragon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ArturiaPendragon Send a message via MSN to ArturiaPendragon
IGN: I am the fail of my bone
Class: Fail is my blood and body
Level: Thousand fails, I got
Guild: Success and life dunno me
Xfire: Unlimited Fail Works

Well... Personally I like this, this looks really neat and simple, and also easy on the eyes to me. /o/ The new way layout when looking through posts is really nice. =] Especially the main page, it's really neat too, especially for people who likes the forums.

As for what I don't like... I'll leave the images do the talking.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2026/newgg.png
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8438/newggwtf.png

But ovarall, I really like the new additions, other than the one I pointed out. =DDD

... QUOTATION MARK FTW /o/

☢ Please click to level up Reimu! ☢

Big thank you to Aimee for the sig!

09-22-2010   #45 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Yup, I mentioned before that the forums aren't done >.> We redesigned the site, not the forums. Those are coming later.

09-22-2010   #46 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko

I don't get this thing with bright. Facebook is all white and has more than 500 million users. As of January, users average 7 hours per month on Facebook. I just.. don't get it ~_~ Do all of you view ggFTW in the dark?
Well, I don't get it much either, but I think it has something to do with facebook having other colors so as not to make is as dark as it should be.

09-22-2010   #47 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko

IMO, navigating through the posts are fine, but it is the light blue + blue combo at the threads page, plus the forum's light blue background against a pure white "wallpaper" that is killing people's eyes imo (not to mention the fonts have shrunk significantly as well).

Here's what I am viewing.

Spoiler!

I personally find myself straining my eyes a lot more when I am browsing the site as compared to the past, and say google or facebook. I don't know how to say it. Facebook's white and black is like, looking at papers. Light blue however against a pure white forum background however (I have no ads), adds emphasis that the site is bright.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 09-22-2010 at 05:08 AM.

09-22-2010   #48 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

1 word. Elegant.
Yeap.. ggftw had turned into an elegant mmog site. lul
Kinda... unique.

09-22-2010   #49 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Personally, I still prefer the old mmog layout over both this and the old ggftw design.
... And I seem to be lost on the site now. Where's the dropdown menu to change the design?

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

09-22-2010   #50 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I love it! A+ to Bob, Noe, and Kuda!

09-22-2010   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Well, overall, I really like the new design. It looks a lot more professional now and even though I prefer darker backgrounds, the old ones were kinda annoying. I wish our profiles wouldn't look smaller but it's fine, I guess.

Well done~

09-22-2010   #52 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Just wondering, do we only have this single forum layout (Black + White + Yellow) design now?

I remembered I can change the layout in User CP's Customize Profile, but now it looks like I can only either use the default as of now, or to customize of my own.

09-22-2010   #53 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Priest
Level: 90

This layout is hot. I absolutely love it.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

09-22-2010   #54 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
Just wondering, do we only have this single forum layout (Black + White + Yellow) design now?

I remembered I can change the layout in User CP's Customize Profile, but now it looks like I can only either use the default as of now, or to customize of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Personally, I still prefer the old mmog layout over both this and the old ggftw design.
... And I seem to be lost on the site now. Where's the dropdown menu to change the design?

There wont be any choice between layouts

09-22-2010   #55 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Just to clarify -- multiple layouts only hold us back from developing new features. It takes a lot of work to keep one site design up to date -- imagine trying to keep two... or more? We only have one person that can work on design production (me) and remember -- although the staff members are very hardworking individuals, they're still volunteers.

09-22-2010   #56 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

I see...guess I'll have to do the customizing myself then =]

09-22-2010   #57 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

No complaints from me, this new layout change (as well as how certain other things are changed) is totally awesome~! What's more, you're still not done with it yet. I fail to see why some people are complaining though... even if you had the perfect layout the majority (95%+) of people absolutely adore, people will still find reason to complain about it.

Just try to ignore those people Paul, although I know they can get under your skin (though constructive criticism is always welcomed [pessimism isn't needed at all]). Keep up the great work, because there are definitely people here that greatly appreciate you and your team's time and effort put into this site. <3

09-22-2010   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MoonlightOokami has disabled reputation
IGN: MoonlightOokami

In my opinion, I really love the website at the moment, I mean there can be minor or major changes atm that we don't know but this morning I came on here and was in shock because (this is going to sound weird lol) I felt like I could breath instead of the regular screaming of colors and everything looks really simplified. Even when reading other people's posts I don't feel "rushed", it seems more natural.
I'm sorry to make it sound weird but that's how I feel (then again my opinion doesn't count for the other few thousand people on this site) so for me, this is a really pleasant breath of fresh air.

09-22-2010   #59 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Thanks guys. I know we won't please everyone but MoonlightOokami hit our goal right on the head. Readability. In fact, I know a lot of people don't bother visiting the other areas of the site, but if you get a chance be sure to check out the homepage:

/

This is where the new design screams perfection. This is also because it was the only page designed to completion (if we had done everything it would have taken months). Of course, we will get to everything but the homepage should be a good indication of things to come.

09-22-2010   #60 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Wait wait... what? THIS is the new ggFTW that I was excited about and was supposed to be "not as bright?" It's even brighter! -_-

Is it SUPPOSED to look like this? (Yes I did clear my cache)

First off, why the more white? I thought you said it was going to be darker and easier on the eyes and not as noticeable. This is even worse! I was expecting more black/gray/orange, like you said earlier, making it look more Halloween themed, with the backgrounds looking like the ''ftw logo on Facebook, not just slapping that on the top and making everything even more bright.

Secondly, what's with the empty white space to the right and left!? Those are were ads are supposed to be. I'm a donor AND I use Ad-Block, so why do I still have to suffer with the crappy margin handicaps and just look at big white empty blank spaces that are killing my eyes and making the rest of what I'm trying to view smaller? It's like you squished all what matters (ggFTW, posts, profiles, everything) inbetween two big worthless eye-killing white spaces. And THIS looks BETTER to people!? I mean look at my profile. It's all squished together by two empty ad spaces everything is way smaller, like if you turn an iPhone sideways to get a better view of your web page but instead of resizing to fit the screen and "zoom in" a little, it just stays like the normal tilt but flips it and leaves big white gaps in both sides of the screen. It's not pretty or "sleek" or "compact," and it's FAR from "good looking" or "likable" or "less-noticeable" or "easier on the eyes."

Thirdly, what's with all the reduced sized font I'm seeing? It's like I have to squint to read everything that's being posted and with all the white/brightness screaming at me, it's giving me a huge headache already! Browsing through posts/threads is painful and chore-like, way worse than MMOG or ggFTW layouts! Ungh...

Fourthly, the bottom needs A LOT of work. What's with the light gray font on white background!? Are you trying to give us headaches!? That's so hard to read and soooooo ugly and un-appealing. If you care so much about looks, like AVGN would say, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!? And what's with all that white space above the mission?!

Make use of it and make me scroll down less! It's also killing my eyes even more!

I think what ticks me off the most is that I was actually looking forward to this because what I thought it would be (not as bright, easier on the eyes, more sleek) turned out to be brighter, harder on the eyes, giving me headaches, making things "smaller," uglier, and much less professional. It feels like I'm looking at a web page in old-school internet explorer that didn't fully load all the images because there was a million broken "white box with red x" in them instead.

And yeah about Facebook, this isn't Facebook. This is ggFTW.

Another complaint. On the left side with all the "MMO Games," I'm never, EVER going to use that and it replaced all the shortcuts like La Tale forums, Off Topic Forums, and Forum Home, which I used ALL the time. That really ticks me off, too.

So, to counter Vith's statement, yeah you really should still listen to people who don't like some of the things you do. Our opinion matters, too, and I'm pretty sure everything I hate about this new layout are valid reasons that I honestly can't believe so many others actually LIKE. I'm starting to believe they just like it because it's new. -_- I'm not against change, I like change, but all developers should live by this law: "Never be satisfied with what it is, but don't fix what's not broken." You tried fixing what's not broken and now it's way worse. THAT kind of change is the change I hate.

EDIT:

POP OUT IMAGES!? Oh freak no. Can there PLEASE be an option to have them work like the old way!? Where you just clicked expand and they expanded into the whole post, even if it meant stretching the post out!?

EDIT:

As for the home page, "screams perfection?" Are you kidding me? It still suffers from those two huge blank white spaces and squishing what matters inbetween! You squished all the "activity" stuff in between all the other crap and now it's even harder to read through! Ungh it's SO ugly.

Last edited by SOC; 09-22-2010 at 10:22 AM.