ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   ggFTW News (http://ggftw.com/forum/ggftw-news/)
-   -   ggFTW Game Client Download Service (http://ggftw.com/forum/ggftw-news/82445-ggftw-game-client-download-service.html)

NoeJeko 09-16-2010 12:10 PM

ggFTW Game Client Download Service

Hi everyone,

Iím pleased to announce the launch of a new service today. ggFTW is now offering downloads of your favorite free-to-play MMO games directly from ggftw.com! We have a really fast distribution network with servers placed around the world to make sure you get the best download experience possible. Download links will appear in the Game Database on pages for which we have downloadable clients.

These files can only be downloaded from ggFTW.com as a signed security token changes frequently to prevent abuse. Also, downloads are limited to site members only to help prevent abuse but registration is quick, easy, and free! These downloads are supported by advertisements on the download pages; clicking advertisements will not affect your download experience. As always, site supporters experience an ad-free experience.

These things take time to negotiate so be sure to check back often to see if we have a download available for your favorite games. We're currently working with two publishers on game downloads -- watch this space!

Your friendly neighboorhood ggFTW staff.

More...

Red 09-16-2010 12:14 PM

This going to be awesome!

SOC 09-16-2010 12:18 PM

Freak yeah! Been dying for this one for awhile now!

BriGuy92 09-16-2010 12:24 PM

Fancy. Should make it easier to get games, going through MMO homepage mazes is never fun.

Queen 09-16-2010 12:54 PM

Siiiiick. This is going to be awesome.

NoeJeko 09-16-2010 01:49 PM

We're limited only by the publishers that'll work with us. Some are really eager to try new things and work with us and some completely ignore anything I send them. If we don't have a download for a game you play you could always try asking your favorite game GM if they'd be interested in mirroring downloads with ggFTW -- maybe if their communities request it enough they'll be open to it :)

RaiTheSoul 09-16-2010 02:08 PM

I wonder if i'll be able to use ggFTW to get past parental blocks now. :)

Jon 09-16-2010 02:08 PM

This is just simply awesome, thank you so very much! <3

Torikakae 09-16-2010 02:59 PM

Sweet!! I hope ggftw downloads work with DAP~ Thanks Noe!~

MAXINO 09-16-2010 06:02 PM

thanks a lot :D is gonna be super handy!

zgmfx19a 09-16-2010 07:46 PM

Good work. However I just have a small question.

GGFTW's servers are actually that awesome to support this now? @@

I remember at one time GGFTW's revenue barely covered the servers cost.

NoeJeko 09-16-2010 07:49 PM

Just hope my calculations and projections aren't wrong, heh.

zgmfx19a 09-16-2010 07:50 PM

Ah well, I know I barely donated, and is ashamed of it as someone who frequents this forum, but recent updates are too good to ignore. /donates

Keep up the good work.

NoeJeko 09-16-2010 08:04 PM

Don't worry -- every little bit helps. Those that have donated have kept this site alive when it should have failed. We're very close to standing on our own two feet and my 12 month projection puts us consistently in the black by our 3rd anniversary if everything plays out.

These latest upgrades, however, are what we need to get there. To directly answer your earlier questions -- we cannot afford all of this right now. We have a bit of money in the bank because of my initial investment and some strong summer months. I'm betting that the traffic benefit the rest of the site will see will offset this in the near future.

MintyVampire 09-16-2010 10:08 PM

Wow...You are so awesome Noe.

ggFTW is just getting better and better xD!

buta 09-16-2010 10:27 PM

Wow, that sounds snazzy. Can't wait to test it out.

Javier 09-17-2010 04:41 AM

Sounds like a potentially handy feature. I'll try to donate again when I have some spare cash. :py53: