Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-06-2008   #1 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki
Default Harassment

It has come to my attention that certain forum members have decided to harass another member in Trickster Online because of his choice of forum name. They believed this user to be attempting a spoof on a well-known Trickster character. The user chose a rather common name as his forum name. I was questioned about it a few weeks back and I looked the name up on Google. The first 11 results had nothing to do with they person they thought he was trying to spoof and it is a legitimate, somewhat common surname in parts of the world.

While MyMMOGames has a policy that we do not enforce game rules and we do not take action on members for events that occur in game; we will investigate harassment that occurs as a result of forum usage. More directly, if it starts on the forum and extends into a game, we will do something about it.

If you are subject of harassment because of this forum, we expect you to report it to us*. You may report posts or PM me directly. If you have accusations, be sure you include proof. Chat logs, game screenshots, IM logs - all these things help. Give usernames, times, or any other information that will help us investigate if they are not visible in the evidence you send. More importantly, if you do not report it to us, do not try and hold us accountable if it happens. If you don't care enough to tell me about it, I don't care enough to try and make it right.

If you are the person doing the harassing, be warned that you will receive no freebies. You will receive, at a minimum, a one-day ban. Depending upon the severity, you could incur a permanent ban. If you are a guild leader or moderator you may lose your moderator status. If you are a VIP or site donor, you may lose your membership in the appropriate user group. These groups are reserved for people that help enhance the site, not tear it down.

All complaints will be reviewed case-by-case; there is no blanket action that will be taken. Some issues will be dealt with lightly, some harshly - it all depends on circumstance. Some things considered will be:

- How promptly was it reported?
- Who was involved (I hold the staff/guild leaders to a higher standard)
- Was it isolated or continuing?
- **What level of harassment? (threatening messages, Kill-on-Sight, etc.)

* A note about harassment and cash shop/trade scammers - if you get harassed because someone posted legitimate proof of your scam on these forums, just get over it because you deserve it. We won't enforce that, but keep in mind each game's ToS are different and their game masters/admins may enforce it. This is not an authorization to harass scammers on site; just a note telling them not to QQ to me.

** Level of harassment: If I ever receive a substantiated report that someone is harassing someone else offline, you will be reported to law enforcement agencies and MyMMOGames will cooperate fully with them in their investigations. I hope this never happens, but felt the need to mention it.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-06-2008   #2 (permalink)
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Solemn is on a distinguished road

Oh, geez. Every person on this forum seems decent...I hadn't realized that harassment was taking place. :\ If you're reading this, victim(s) of harassment, on behalf of all the forum members here, I apologize.

08-06-2008   #3 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Guild: University of California, San Diego

i think i know who you're talking about
i just looked it up on google
it's a last name

08-06-2008   #4 (permalink)
Out of Line

Spectre is on a distinguished road
IGN: CrimsonSpectre/L.Narumi
Class: Force Blader (Cabal)/Champion/Duke
Level: 8x (Cabal). 22x/260(TO)
Guild: God Of War (TO)

i know who your talking about, and i've seen many people on here say they will give him a hard time as long as he uses that forum name

08-06-2008   #5 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

I know who you're talking about.
It's not like the person was pretending to be somebody else.
Forum names are a first come, first serve basis.

Shame, that people would be giving him a hard time. :/

08-06-2008   #6 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

lolwut

I just found out the name... and it's fairly common. If the forum person is not impersonating the 'well-known TO' person, then what's wrong with it?

08-06-2008   #7 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

If someone, impersonating others, and yet harassing the other members = instant bye-bye.

Just report them to us, instead of continuing the "dramas"

08-06-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Lol I knew this would happen, and if it's who I think it is (am 99% sure it is), I've already said many times that you can't really pick on someone for having a forum username that is a common surname in the English speaking world anyways - I know someone who has a friend with that name as their last name, so really, it's stupid this is even happening.

08-06-2008   #9 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

I haven't been on TO for a while...I guess...This has been going on for a while.

--—Frenchbread is

08-06-2008   #10 (permalink)
♥ my 'bear

Liyrreiana is a glorious beacon of lightLiyrreiana is a glorious beacon of lightLiyrreiana is a glorious beacon of lightLiyrreiana is a glorious beacon of lightLiyrreiana is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Liyrreiana
IGN: Jaybeeee | Liyrreiana
Class: Bunny | Sheep to_champion
Guild: Retribution° | Katamari

I'm glad this was posted. Nobody owns the names they use in games, no matter how 'famous' they are. I saw some unfriendly posts directed at this person but didn't realize it had extended to in-game harassment.

08-06-2008   #11 (permalink)
STEP

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute

he also said he wanted it changed
so it's not like he's fighting to keep it

08-06-2008   #12 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Well, seriously. People, unless you're below the age of 12 where your mentality ain't really stable yet, I don't really understand why would you guys want to harass someone over something as simple as an IGN. Yeah sure, harassment over friends, over money, over relationships... But over names? Oh seriously, I bet that name given to you from your first breath of air is probably already belonging to someone thats already long living in this world, or even dead. Theres no point fighting over something as meager like an IGN orz.

And lastly, if you think you're being bullied/ unfairly treated by most of the members on MyMMOGames.net, start thinking of what you've done wrong. If whatever you've done wrong is as good as 'This and this player doesn't likes me', then go report it to one of the Moderators, let them do their jobs lol.. Sometimes, its not good to stay silent while being bullied, it encourages them to continue it on even more orz...

Lastly, being harassed and being bullied is the same thing all over, just probably harassment is possible with just one person, while bullied would be harassment by more than one person working together orz

This is Kyuubey

Last edited by Silver Rook; 08-06-2008 at 09:13 PM.

08-06-2008   #13 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
And lastly, if you think you're being bullied/ unfairly treated by most of the members on MyMMOGames.net, start thinking of what you've done wrong.
Worst advice I've seen out of you in quite some time. It doesn't matter "what they've done wrong", harassment will not be tolerated. If they're "doing something wrong", the correct course of action is to bring it to the attention of the staff.

08-06-2008   #14 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard about this person. Kind of lame if you ask me, since I have a cousin with that as his first name, and another friend who also uses that as a nickname for a longer name. It's not like it's a unique name. orz

08-06-2008   #15 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Worst advice I've seen out of you in quite some time. It doesn't matter "what they've done wrong", harassment will not be tolerated. If they're "doing something wrong", the correct course of action is to bring it to the attention of the staff.
Yeah probably... I can't give quality advices nowadays -.-
I'm sick with the flu, having tonnes of project and courseworks piling up behind me, common tests are coming and theres still aways the lack of sleep I'm getting everyday... Gettin' seriously fedup with life lol...

Probably stop giving advices till I get better I guess...

This is Kyuubey

08-06-2008   #16 (permalink)
STEP

he's a member here isnt he
shouldnt he speak for himself?

08-06-2008   #17 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

The point of this thread wasn't to have the people involved speak for themselves. I've contacted all of them in private messages; I expect it to stay in private. This isn't a public execution.

08-06-2008   #18 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Being famous in a game or top =/= doesn't mean you can easily harassing any members that you want.

08-06-2008   #19 (permalink)
STEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
Being famous in a game or top =/= doesn't mean you can easily harassing any members that you want.
eehhh...that's not the person doing the harassing
he doesn't even play trickster anymore

i don't think he even cares really

Last edited by WhatThePhuc; 08-06-2008 at 10:22 PM.

08-07-2008   #20 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Im a little iffy on the subject. We're hearing harassment from one end, but also a possibility of harassment of others, not necessarily forum members, on the other end as well. Frankly, I want proof both is going on (Or not) before I take a side and show sympathy.

モノノ怪