Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-02-2013   #1 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208
Default The Complete List of Usergroup Changes

Hello loyal members of ggFTW,

The changes to the usergroup system are now complete, thanks to this revision I've been able to plug a security gap and ensure that all our members can enjoy as many benefits as they deserve instead of some ironically having things taken away when they received new groups.

Now that everyone has been buffed in a number of aspects I'm pleased to display the changes that have been made.

Anything with an asterisk * will have a note on the bottom explaining the change or additional information.

General Usergroup Changes
  • Avatar & Profile Image File Size
    • Increased to 125kb up from 97.7kb.
  • Blog Permissions
    • *Can Remove own blog entries: Yes
    • Maximum Custom Blocks & Pages increased to 10 from 5.
  • Social Group Permissions
    • Maximum Created Groups increased to 25 up from 5.
    • Can delete own social groups: Yes
    • Can manage own discussions: Yes
    • Can manage own messages: Yes
  • Can Deny Private Message Read Receipt: No
  • Can see others infraction level: No
  • Can Request Awards: No

Primary Usergroup Specific Changes

Registered Users - Pre-Five Posts Usergroup
  • Unchanged and still heavily restricted.

ggFTW Members - After 5 Posts
  • User Album Permissions
    • File Size increased to 1 MB up from 97.7kb.
    • Resolution set to Unlimited.
    • Quantity of images set to Unlimited.
    • Maximum Total File Size of Album Pictures allowed set to 25 MB.

ggFTW Veterans - After 500 Posts

Same changes as ggFTW Member plus:
  • User Album Permissions
    • Maximum Total File Size of Album Pictures allowed increased to 100 MB from 25 MB.
  • Private Messages
    • Increased to 500 from 250.

---

Additional Usergroups

The following are additional usergroups which you now inherit additional benefits from instead of receiving unique permissions from.
This change prevents perks from actually being lost as your primary perks come from the main two groups above.

Remember that the higher more rewarding benefit takes priority, so some of these groups may be beneficial at first but ggFTW Veteran or another additional group may provide better benefits.

*You may also choose your username color between any groups that provide colors to you!

Guild Leaders
  • All the Benefits from ggFTW Member.
  • + PM storage increased to 500 from 250.
  • + Custom User Title

ggFTW Supporters - Donation Group
  • All the benefits from ggFTW Veteran.
  • + PM storage increased to 1000 from 500.
  • + Avatar & Profile Image File Size increased to 175kb from 125kb.
  • + Maximum Total File Size of Album Pictures allowed increased to 250 MB from 100 MB.
  • + Still No Advertisements!

*VIP - Often associated with winning events
  • Same benefits as ggFTW Member.
  • + PM storage increased to 500 from 250.
  • + Custom HTML User Title

---

Explaining the blog change, VIP and username color change

Blog owners can now remove their own blog entries
What does this mean exactly? Well up until now people who've created a blog entry and decided to remove it could do so, but it would only soft delete the entry meaning that yourself and moderators could still access it if they so desired.

Because I have a respect for user privacy I've changed this so that if you feel an entry you made is a bit too personal, it created tensions or for whatever reason you don't want to share it, you can now permanently delete it from the server database entirely so that your privacy is fully maintained.

The VIP Group
For a while I've debated what to do with this usergroup, it adds little benefit outside of a simple username color so I'm still trying to figure this one out to give the name a little more to live up too.

However I didn't want to delay changes for everyone else because of this so for the moment it remains as is. I'll announce anything if I make changes down the road.

Username Color Changing!
Typically you'd be stuck with a single color based on what you obtained most recently, but I say to hell with that and let users pick what usergroup color they want!

If you're a member of ggFTW Supporter, Guild Leaders, Hall of Fame, Mr. ggFTW, Ms. ggFTW, and/or VIP, then you can now pick whatever color you like the most or even just the basic black name if you don't want to look like a skittle.

It looks like this, although I applaud anyone who obtains these many.

You may change your username color in the Group Memberships option in the UserCP.

That sums up this report, do enjoy the benefits provided to you and as always we thank you for your continued support.

Thank you for your time and patience,
Light

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-02-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Aw, Light you got my hopes up about the name color change

Nice changes though! Good Job Light

06-02-2013   #3 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Bouncer 75 | Fighter 71 lu_eir

Huh. I'm pretty sure I had a 1000 PM box limit, not 250. X3

Time to clean out all those old infraction stuff

06-02-2013   #4 (permalink)
meow
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
Aw, Light you got my hopes up about the name color change

Nice changes though! Good Job Light
i felt the same way as i was reading ;___;

it's nice to see everything laid out, question tho: is the postbit program removed permanently or until further notice? just wondering

edit: paypal just derped for subscriber, carry on

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki

Last edited by Queen; 06-03-2013 at 09:10 AM.

06-02-2013   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

The postbit system still exists and is still given out for completing events or paying for a subscription.

06-02-2013   #6 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

I love you for this, amazing changes! Especially for those that love to edit profiles.

One question though, since I won an event (profile of the month), I should be able to change my name color, correct? I am only a part of ggFTW Veterans.

06-02-2013   #7 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

PoTM has never provided the VIP status to winners, nevertheless I have applied it to you.

06-02-2013   #8 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
PoTM has never provided the VIP status to winners, nevertheless I have applied it to you.
Oh, I apologize then. You can remove it to be fair, I just was wondering if it was normal or not (since the description states that those that won an event get into the UG).

Sorry about that!

06-02-2013   #9 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

It will likely be added to PoTM considering it's event related as I mentioned, profiles are not easy to develop and make them stand out from a crowd either.
At the very least you've got over 3,000 posts which I think makes you pretty important right there.

So you can keep the status.

06-03-2013   #10 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

I approve of this update. Thanks!

06-11-2013   #11 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

I have added a new change to the usergroups of ggFTW Member and ggFTW Veteran.

1. You may view usernotes about yourself.
2. You may view usernotes about others.

This is to show what your name may have been prior to being changed to help avoid any potential confusion that may occur.
It's easier to do this than search the name change thread for this information.