Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-05-2008   #1 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki
Default Blogs, Moderation, and Free Speech

I have received a growing number of concerns regarding the moderation of the blogs. Please allow me to explain why we must even have rules regarding our blogs.

If someone uses a blog site such as Xanga, Blogger, or sets up their own Wordpress blog, their blog is attributed to just them. If they want to blog about how much they fap or what drugs they take - no one blames Xanga (or other "blog" site).

The difference here is - if people decide to blog about stuff like that - MMOG is blamed. Our staff is blamed for not keeping the blogs clean. Conversely, if we moderate them too much, then we're "suppressing free speech". It's quite a fine line we have to walk between allowing open degradation of our community image and infringing upon the blogger.

In that respect, the staff has been told to keep blog moderation to a minimum. Basically, we don't want to see anything posted there that could get us shut down, could damage our affiliations, or could get us flagged by search engines for containing adult content. Such actions would damage the community as a whole (especially if our server is confiscated for investigation). We'd like to see meaningful blogs posted there, but we cannot control that. Besides, certain individuals have extremely random personalities so that is an expression of them.

For the record, Xanga, Blogger, etc. all reserve the right to sue you if you violate their terms of service. I've linked an excerpt from the Xanga Terms of Service, but other popular social networking have similar policies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanga TOS
upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of anotherís privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable;

Xanga reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against anyone who uses Xanga in violation of the Terms of Use. Whenever Xanga learns of any use of Xanga in violation of or that may be in violation of any applicable law, Xanga may report this to law enforcement authorities and otherwise cooperate with such authorities in their investigation.
Reference: Xanga TOS

While we're not threatening to sue you if you break our rules, we are stating that we will remove any content that is not in accordance with our rules and possibly ban repeat offenders. Please try to understand.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-05-2008   #2 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I for one welcome this moderation. Good job, mods~

10-06-2008   #3 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

*noted*

And don't abuse the blog feature plox

10-06-2008   #4 (permalink)
~misery loves company~

SweetieBoo is on a distinguished road

i support you on that. ^_^

10-06-2008   #5 (permalink)
k0n
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW MasterFacebook Fan

k0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond reputek0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to k0n
IGN: [JW]
Class: Hisui
Level: ****
Guild: YEAH

Aye~

I guess we have to limit what we can say in this site then. For those who want to say anything beyond those limits, please take it somewhere else.

10-06-2008   #6 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

It's really weird why someone would post such things in the first place o_o

SIESTA SISTERS~

10-06-2008   #7 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0n
Aye~

I guess we have to limit what we can say in this site then. For those who want to say anything beyond those limits, please take it somewhere else.
It's not just "this site" - it's any site out there. Even if someone sets up their own blog on their own server, their ISP or host has certain terms/conditions.

10-06-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

AzurePandaPaws is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AzurePandaPaws Send a message via Yahoo to AzurePandaPaws
IGN: AzPanda
Class: Mace Templar lt_templar
Level: 80
Guild: StarOcean

Seems sensible enough to me. I've no objections.

10-06-2008   #9 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

its sad it has to even be said. What ever happened to common sense? Things posted in blogs are open to the public. The public includes your mother, father, grand mother, grand father, priest, teachers etc.
In otherwords, dont post stupid crap i.e. wht was afformentioned by Noe if its something you wouldnt say in front of them.

i feel sorry for all of the mods for having to root through blogs for further moderation.
but thanks for the blogs. It gives me a place to whine and complain about my life where if i get flamed, i can delete the flame and dont have to worry about taking up forum space that can be better used by more meaningful and intellegent threads

10-06-2008   #10 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

A note on comments:

The blogger has the ability to delete user comments. That said, the staff will not respond to comment spam, flaming, or other comments unless they are elevated to us via the "report" function. We will respond to anything illegal, sexual, etc.

10-06-2008   #11 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
A note on comments:

The blogger has the ability to delete user comments. That said, the staff will not respond to comment spam, flaming, or other comments unless they are elevated to us via the "report" function. We will respond to anything illegal, sexual, etc.
This.

spams, flames, its all on your own, except when you reports them, then will take action [yes, there's a report function with "" icon, below someone's post avatar.]

Zero tolerance to any illegal posts, as noe mentioned, sexual, drugs and stuff. This applies to 'unwanted advertisement spams' like those 'free services' or anything that...just unwanted link spams, lol.

Now then, please enjoy your profile blog, and blogs it!

Last edited by Miyuki; 10-06-2008 at 01:04 AM.

10-06-2008   #12 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

I totally support you on this Noe. ;3
Just one question, what do you mean by "Meaningful Blogs"?

10-06-2008   #13 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Contents, reviews, etc.

Not spams or 'empty spams' but...we can't control those ._.

10-06-2008   #14 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

I mean anything that has words. It's not our place to determine what's meaningful and what isn't to the users ... to a point. If a blog entry consists of:

Title: ???????????????????
Content: //////////////////////

... it's not meaningful and will be deleted as spam.

10-06-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Also, as a common sense note here- whatever you blog about on the internet is there for your potential boss to read. I know when someone is looking to be hired here we check their blogs (usually found by not only their name but their email too). Looks pretty bad to an employer when you discuss your extensive use of drugs or call your girlfriend your *****, etc.Not saying you won't get hired for that, but not exactly off to a good start (and really, you probably don't stand a chance in hell of getting hired).
Just know that everyone on the internet is public, so don't write about something that you don't want your mom, your sister, your best friend, your boss, your teachers, your lover, etc to read.

Kitty Empire Forever

10-06-2008   #16 (permalink)
??
Special

Blue will become famous soon enoughBlue will become famous soon enough
Guild: Debaters

Got it.

10-06-2008   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road

The moderation is more then fair.

As someone mentioned though, it is sad it had to be stated.