ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Dungeon Fighter > Dungeon Fighter Guides > General Guides

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (12) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-18-2009   12 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
gah lol
Special
Games
MabinogiDragon NestTrickster Online

AnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to AnnabelleMarie
IGN: Annabelle/AnnabelleMarie
Post Dfo Connection Problems?, I've found a solution!

Written by my Guildy/BF Globox on our Guild Site All Credit Goes to him o3o

Until someone takes the time to find out exactly what ports Dungeon Fighter uses to connect to other players, this is a wonderful alternative.

When we started playing, there was connection problems immediately between Sorge, Anna and myself. Things were just laggy in general, and over time, the game became entirely unplayable.

Well, here's a solution! A hopefully simplistic enough guide that anyone can follow it, to an extent, to make that terrible little problem haunting some people go away.

To start, you're going to need to open a command prompt. This can be done by choosing "Run" from the start menu, or holding the windows key near the bottom left of your keyboard, and pressing R.

You should type this into the box that shows up, and press enter. This will open a command prompt window, which will give us one of the four pieces of information we need to know.

Type this into the command prompt, and press enter. This will give you information about your network IP.

This is what should pop up. Yours may or may not have much more to dig through, but the process is the same. You're looking for "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection" if you're on corded internet, or "Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection" for wireless internet. If those exact words aren't there, look for something as similar as possible.

Now, the reason we came to this, is for your router's IP on the network. This is marked under "Default Gateway" for your respected connection, as mentioned above. Take note of this number, and keep this window open!

Type the number you found across from "Default Gateway" into your web browser of choice, and you'll more than likely be prompted with a window asking for your username and password. The username you're looking for is probably going to be "admin", but the password can vary. Default passwords range from password, 1234, the name of the router, or sometimes nothing. But if your family or a technician has set a different password to your router, this could be difficult. Log into the router, and we're on to the last, somewhat more confusing part.

There aren't really any pictures I can provide for this potion fo the guide, since every router is different. At this point, once you've logged in, you're going to be looking for a section in the menu, which might be on the left side, or top of your browser, related to firewalls or ports. You're looking for three letters somewhere, anywhere. Just keep your eyes open for it.

DMZ

When you find this, you'll find a prompt, that likely contains part of your network IP. 192.168.1.blank

Now, this is where leaving the command prompt is handy. In the same area you got your "Default Gateway", you'll find something that says "IP Address", or something similar.It should be almost the same as your "Default Gateway", but not quite. You'll want to make the IP address in your DMZ settings to the number across from "IP Adress", and save the settings. Doing this will make your router stop blocking ports to your computer, and allow it to send and receive connections much, much easier. This does leave your computer slightly more exposed, so you may want to do a virus/spyware check beforehand.

As far as that's concerned, I suggest getting a 30 day trial of Nod32 from Eset and scanning with that for viruses, and trying out either Spybot Search and Destroy, and Malwarebytes anti-malware to make sure there's nothing it missed.

Once you've done this, you should notice there's no more lag like before! If there is still lag, then the person you're getting computers under needs to do the exact same thing. And until Nexon does something to fix this... There's really not any other choice. This problem wasn't around during Closed Beta, and shouldn't be here now, regardless of the server load. Connections are handles P2P, meaning that Nexon's server only has to handle the people in town, and logging in.

Spread the word! This guide will make the DFO experience much more enjoyable, as you can dungeon with anyone you want.

My Steam ID - My Facebook
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0049-4799
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Aerielly, Town Totoro

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulDragon NestDragon SagaDungeon Fighter Online

Byuu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Byuu Send a message via Skype™ to Byuu
IGN: Byuu
Class: Lots lt_guardian
Level: 20-30
Guild: Hurricane

cool im going to try that fo sho!

BYUU BYUU!~

09-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Lacerta is on a distinguished road
Class: Fiona / Evie / Lann
Level: 22 / 27 / 21

This didn't work for me. However that is because my router is actually a piece of poop. So I did research and found out my router specifically only allows up to 200 active P2P connections, after which it just shuts down entirely (DFO for some reason made the router instantly shoot up to 200 connections).

I just flashed it with one of those linux-based firmwares that are available for various brands and it works perfectly now.

09-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
Events Team
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

i'll try it out once i get home, if it works, then i can probably play with everyone else lol.

09-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
Staff Buttnoobslave
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineTransformice!Talesweaver
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

Anima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud ofAnima has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Anima
IGN: MsAnima
Class: Female Mechanic
Level: 60
Guild: ggFTW

Yay it totally worked for me... sorta :3

someone's getting +rep~

09-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Nice to see a fix for this, now I can bother shinkky. ;_;... hopefully

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

09-20-2009   #7 (permalink)
Events Team
Special
Games
Eden Eternal

Shinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really niceShinkirou is just really nice
IGN: Shinkky/Magenta
Class: WILLDRIVER. to_cardmaster
Level: ...
Guild: SOSBrigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Nice to see a fix for this, now I can bother shinkky. ;_;... hopefully
it didn't work. sadfaec

09-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that if you port forward 5063 UDP, it'll fix it. Not sure, though.

09-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
I heard that if you port forward 5063 UDP, it'll fix it. Not sure, though.
I'll test that. >:]

The DMZ thing didn't completely work for me. Too many confounding factors to say what it actually does for the game, though.

Last edited by buta; 09-21-2009 at 10:49 AM.

09-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

People used //monitor to check statistics, and found their NAT Type Port Restrict or some other status. Seems exactly what it means, a port is blocked. So people try DMZ mode, which pretty much opens all your ports in hopes of fixing it. Doesn't work for everyone however, as there's obviously more than just that screwing up the connections. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but DMZ is only applicable for people with routers. Personally, I have a modem, and I've gotten these party connection fails before.

....Long story short, Nexon could save everyone a shitload of trouble and fix this easily by switching from P2P to servers, or re-writing this piece of crap P2P code. Apparently the people that played the other versions of DFO never got this problem, so we're getting the short end of the stick.

09-21-2009   #11 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
....Long story short, Nexon could save everyone a shitload of trouble and fix this easily by switching from P2P to servers, or re-writing this piece of crap P2P code. Apparently the people that played the other versions of DFO never got this problem, so we're getting the short end of the stick.
Our version is a bit older, so I'd assume there are some stuff we have yet to get, possibly including a streamlined connection system. If they really don't get the problems in other versions, then I'm sure the fix will come eventually. Otherwise, we really have to blame Nexon for this one.

09-21-2009   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

I always have DMZ host enabled for my IP whenever I actually use a router. I can't tell you if it helps in-game or not as I never really noticed that much of a difference when I first turned it on to try and thwart Lunia's lag. (Course that didn't work.)

I've yet to really be in a laggy room. One of the two PvP rooms that I have been in was a bit laggy but otherwise my parties seem to pretty lag free. Quite often I hear people sighing in relief from being in a party that has no laggers in it for once. Maybe I've just been getting lucky but I am unsure on how DFO's system works.

So now I have to ask, how does it work? The town and selections and things are obviously server based.

Are the stages/PvP player to player or player to master? Is the party leader/room leader in charge of things like monsters and such?

Using an example, Rakion was player to player. If you got a ping of 400 from someone in the game, he was jumping about and hard to hit but in the same game hitting someone with 70 was easy. The room leader however was in charge of hosting the "Cells" A.K.A monsters that players could summon and if he was lagging the cells would also jump around. Is this the case in DFO if it is player to player, or are the monsters/summons hosted by the server?
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

09-21-2009   #13 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

If someone lags in a dungeon, the monsters will either jump around, or just freeze and you won't be able to hurt them.

Doesn't have to be the leader too.

09-21-2009   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda
If someone lags in a dungeon, the monsters will either jump around, or just freeze and you won't be able to hurt them.

Well that's silly.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

09-21-2009   #15 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda

I think it's different if you're the room leader, though.

Like, I was partying with a iFarted and when I was leader and we lagged, I saw him moonwalking and flying everywhere, but I could kill monsters just fine. If I left him alone, he could kill monsters, too, but he said he had lag.

In my case, however, if he was the party leader and we lagged, I couldn't hit anything. He's still flying around and killing stuff just fine, though.

I'll assume that one of us has a problem. >_>

maybe me ._.

09-21-2009   #16 (permalink)
Italian Lesbian Lolicon
Games
Metal Assault

Amanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really niceAmanda is just really nice
IGN: Lucchinii
Class: Loli;Swordsmith
Level: 12;2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
I think it's different if you're the room leader, though.

Like, I was partying with a iFarted and when I was leader and we lagged, I saw him moonwalking and flying everywhere, but I could kill monsters just fine. If I left him alone, he could kill monsters, too, but he said he had lag.

In my case, however, if he was the party leader and we lagged, I couldn't hit anything. He's still flying around and killing stuff just fine, though.

I'll assume that one of us has a problem. >_>

maybe me ._.
That was just one of you guys spiking.

09-22-2009   #17 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Games

So I tried the UDP port as well as a few TCP ports as well as the DMZ thing. None of them make it lagless. I can only assume it's my side's problem because iFarted doesn't have problems with other people, yet every party I've been in seems to have problems.

09-23-2009   #18 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
So I tried the UDP port as well as a few TCP ports as well as the DMZ thing. None of them make it lagless. I can only assume it's my side's problem because iFarted doesn't have problems with other people, yet every party I've been in seems to have problems.
Yes, it's that way for me too. It sucks, but oh well. :/

Maybe I just need a new router, my current router is a DI-524 (Rev. A).

09-24-2009   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Moofey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Moofey Send a message via MSN to Moofey Send a message via Yahoo to Moofey Send a message via Skype™ to Moofey
IGN: Moofey
Guild: Project Mayhem

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anyone mention this yet, but...

For those that aren't so savvy when it comes to internet security, if you turn on DMZ to play DFO, TURN IT OFF WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED. By leaving it on you're opening every port to your computer and are leaving it vulnerable.

I randomly pop in and out.