Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-27-2010   #1 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary
Default Your Favorite Characters of the Decade! [Potential Spoilers!]

This thread may be a potential spoiler risk! Careful!

This was inspired by an article in my Game Informer Magazine.

2010 is coming to a close, and with it the 1st decade of the millenium.

In these 10 years we've seen tons of new fictional characters make their debut in TV/Movies/Books/Anime/Manga and of course, Games.

So, tell me who are your favorite characters of this decade?

Keep in mind only characters that made their debut from 2000-2010 are who i'm focusing on. For example, Mario might have been awesome in Super Mario Galaxy, but he's been around since the 80's so he's not exactly of this decade. Any character that was introduced IN that game however counts.

Also, ill + rep anyone who goes out of their way to provide a small paragraph to tell us about their favorite character/characters.

Here are mine!

Joshua Kiryu - The World Ends With you

One of the Partners in the Reaper's Game: He started off as a really arrogant seeming and stereotype snobby character that i couldn't wait to get rid of. but eventually I began to see just how smart this guy really is.

'The Grim Heaper' may have stole the show in most player's hearts but for me, Joshua's mysterious web unraveled in a surprising and massively rewarding way,revealing a character who only appeared to be arrogant: he may test others but is fair in trial and judgement. Making him worthy of the title he carries.

Spoiler!

Marona - Phantom Brave

Marona is a girl who lost her parents at a young age. However, she has the power to communicate with phantoms and confine them to objects. This power causes her to be feared and avoided by most people.

Pretty stereotypical, i know. So what makes her decade worthy?

The fact that she continues to work as a Chroma, or mercenary while treating the people who hire her yet treat her like crap with respect. Eventually as she continues to succeed in her missions and even showing mercy to those who mistreated her in the past: people one by one begin to accept, respect and love her. The heart-string pulling story makes you feel glad for her too when it does happen.

The moral is awesome: You don't HAVE to mistreat people who mistreated you, and there's magic in forgiveness and kindness. And if you don't close your heart you'll eventually find the people who actually will accept you.

Thats a lot better than other stories i've seen where someone is hated for something: where they usually go insane and on some sort of killing spree or over the top revenge on the people who wronged him or her. I think Marona's way is probably going to get better results.

btw... you guys dont have to type as much as i did to get rep from me... im just really big fans of these two...

Okay! So who's your favorite characters of the decade?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Interesting. A lot of my favs are old. My fav male character is created in 1966. Mez.

For the decade, there is only 1 character that really made it into my all-time list.

Eve from Black Cat. Yabuki Kentaro drew her gorgeously, and developed her pretty well in the manga.

11-27-2010   #3 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Zgm, Eve > Azusa amirite?

For anime it would be Kamina from TTGL.

You know how when you were younger and saw this awesome person who did awesome things and was just awesome? Well he was that in my mind plus he had the best catchphrase ever .

11-27-2010   #4 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
Zgm, Eve > Azusa amirite?

For anime it would be Kamina from TTGL.

You know how when you were younger and saw this awesome person who did awesome things and was just awesome? Well he was that in my mind plus he had the best catchphrase ever .
As much as I liked Azusa, she is still primarily a moe character that will have replacements in the future. Non of the other characters I've seen in the decade had the huge impact Eve does on me. And damn, I am a sucker for Eve's character design.

I am in slight disapproval of what Yabuki is doing to Yami in TLR and TLR: D.

One thing I've wondered about Kamina though. Sure he is manly and stuff, but he only appears for 7 episodes, and is not even the main character. Why do so many people view him as "The GAR One"?

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 11-27-2010 at 11:12 PM.

11-28-2010   #5 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Rammus from League of Legends (see avatar)

cool armadillo who is an armadillo of few words but doesn't afraid of anything. also rolls around maps like a boss

11-28-2010   #6 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

1. Haken Browning (Super Robot Wars OG Saga)
Spoiler!

2. Ibis Douglas (Super Robot Wars Alpha 2)
Spoiler!

3. Van (GunXSword)
Spoiler!

| Adventus |

Last edited by Kisaragi; 11-28-2010 at 07:08 AM.

11-28-2010   #7 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryLuniaDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

Genji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud of

This answer is pretty obvious.

It's Suika Ibuki!
Spoiler!

Best villan ever?
yes/yes

Last edited by Genji; 11-28-2010 at 07:03 AM.

12-01-2010   #8 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

I have not watched any anime this year.. BUT:

1. Jessica Ushiromiya - "Umineko no Naku Koro Ni"
Spoiler!

2. Niea - "Trickster Online"
Spoiler!

3. Panty and Stocking - "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt"
Spoiler!

4. Siesta Sisters - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Spoiler!

Okay. That's it for now. I put way so much text for each charas! X_X

12-01-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

1- Setsuna F. Seiei [AKA Soran Ibrahim]
Spoiler!

Y on the list?
Spoiler!

2- Altair Ibn Al Ahad
Spoiler!

y on the list?
Spoiler!

3- Alex Mercer
Spoiler!

Y on the list?
Spoiler!

4- Otonashi
Spoiler!

Y on the list?
Spoiler!

5- Tomoya Okazaki
Spoiler!

Y on the list?
Spoiler!

i think i got more, if i happen to remember somebody, ill EDIT =D

Last edited by Role; 12-01-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Fixed your images.

12-03-2010   #10 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Not many characters that debuted in this decade are memorable to me :|
So it's hard to decide on a favorite.

I'll just go with Ezio for now, but I'm sure that there are better characters to choose from, it's just that I haven't given much thought yet.

Pic:
Spoiler!

I mostly like him because Assassin's Creed 2 was a pretty fun game
And I love stealth games...
And Ezio has a fun personality.
...And he's bros with Leonardo Da Vinci.

Edit: In terms of anime/manga, I like the main characters in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. But since most of them debuted before 2000, I'll go with Jolyne Kujo from Part 6, I guess.

Pic:
Spoiler!

Why I liek:
Spoiler!

Last edited by iFarted; 12-16-2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: po

12-04-2010   #11 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Because a gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved.