A male irl mostly play female pixels. 7 11.29%
A female irl mostly plays male pixels. 3 4.84%
I play both genders once in a while. 30 48.39%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-07-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Kate will become famous soon enoughKate will become famous soon enough
Default Same gender or opposite gender in MMOs?

I was wondering. Does anyone play the same gender as they are in real life or play the opposite sex pixel?

Well, for me...I'm a female and mostly play male characters in MMORPGs. Reason why if I play warrior/bowman, I choose male gender cause they look stronger than female. Another reason why...cause there's perverts these days and likes to harass mainly female pixels. >.>

What about you?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-07-2009   #2 (permalink)
Expired

Hector is on a distinguished road
IGN: No.
Class: No.
Level: No.
Guild: Debaters, [JW]

Depends on who looks better as the class in question. XD

05-07-2009   #3 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
Depends on who looks better as the class in question. XD
This. Only in Warhammer did male characters finally look badass in their final gear. Unless they were Dark Elves.

05-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I'm a guy IRL and I mostly play guys since I usually roleplay as myself whenever I start a new MMO. Only when I get a good feel of the game and make a 2nd character do I even consider playing as a girl. But in almost all of the MMO's I played, I always only play my first character. I get so attached to him that I don't wanna make/play other classes LOL. The only exception is probably my Priestess in RO, but that's only because my 1st character got hacked~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

05-07-2009   #5 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

I play both now and then but mostly girls.

Because they are cute, and when im bored i can do this.

Spoiler!

05-07-2009   #6 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Dude who plays a lot of Female characters. I just think it's mainly cuter. Most of the guys (exception of the Lion) are just... meh, don't think I could look at them for 5 hours or more. Though occasionally I will play dudes.

05-07-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
FlyFFGrand FantasiaMapleStoryLegend of Edda
Awards Facebook Fan

miyasha will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to miyasha
IGN: Miyasha
Class: archer lt_explorer
Level: lvl5x

it depends on how the character looks like. i usualy go for the cute type, which usually are the female characters.

05-07-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Ever since I played City of heroes, which allows for absurd customization and a back story, I've kind of had preset names and roles for all my characters. Though, my list of names for characters has been on-going ever since Diablo was released.

More often than not though...

Chrono: Chrono trigger, obviously (I prefer the "H"). Only people who know me for awhile call me this. (I remember being called Chrono for a year of high school, good times.)
Skiegh: Swordsman of some sort. I created this name from scratch out of no where, been my alias since.
Xianglar: Mage or necromancer or what have you. I made this name up when I was naming my Necromancer in Diablo 2. I was playing a lot of Dynasty warriors at the time.
Kayko: Outside of guild wars, all my archers are female and named Kayko.
Lavendre: Toss up female name, plays any roll but she always ends up kicking ass, no matter the game. This is by far my favorite female name, ever. If I ever do I get married and have a daughter, I'd so try and buy my wife out on this name.
Valigar: Toss up, though usually a mage of sorts but he got stuck as being my Krieg on Lunia. I got this name from (This is completely random) the mage type guy you meet for 3 seconds in Might and Magic 6. (Amazing game, try it out. It has my child hood written on it.)
Laine: He was my archer in GW but he also plays many other rolls!

And so on and so forth...
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

05-07-2009   #9 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

I usually just play both of them, but it also depend a lot on how the characters look.

For instance, if the male character look too "manly" (muscle like or whatever), you can expect me to go for female then probably...

05-07-2009   #10 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Gender totally depends on what kinds of names I can scrap up/still available.

05-07-2009   #11 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Depends on which has the nicer looking costumes U:
But then there are some games where you must select a certain gender for a class (i.e. Diablo II) /o

05-07-2009   #12 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

depends if choosing a gender makes the class role different. but usually i'm male regardless ;_;

05-08-2009   #13 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy

It depends, Sometimes I play female, sometimes male.
But, I always have at least one male character on every game. :v

05-08-2009   #14 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Depends on the cosmetics of the genders and stuff.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

05-08-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

It's pretty random for me, since I mainly play for amusement (aka to burn time), so gender hardly matters. Though, admittedly, interesting situations arise a lot more often when I'm playing as a female character... I wonder why.

05-08-2009   #16 (permalink)
Rie
Vera Benedictio
Games
La TaleEmil Chronicle OnlinePangyaRagnarok Online
Awards Event Winner

Rie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to behold

My Basis for the chars Are the looks. I mainly go for whats Cute ~ And since i like playing 2d based games Female Characters Win that one ~ So i Always end up playing them.. Also Depends on what Name i can think of x_x; I also base my Attitude on the Char im making :v I Mostly Play Female Chars ( i wonder..)
But i play males Occasionally too.

05-08-2009   #17 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Guy irl who plays mostly male chars. However, if I make additional chars or mule chars, they often end up as females.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

05-09-2009   #18 (permalink)
Addicted to BoA
Games
MapleStoryRagnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends

DarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really nice

Male irl. My female characters far outnumber my male ones. (Hmm I think it's at 5 to 30+)

Male characters are boring, at least with female characters there's the possibility of a stalker which amuses me.
Unless the female character isn't cute/hot-ish, it's always the gender I play online.
And I can come up with female names without thinking, guy names take up to a few months for me. o.o;;

05-09-2009   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Heppokomaru will become famous soon enoughHeppokomaru will become famous soon enough
IGN: Heppokomaru/TetrisFox
Class: Raccoon/Fox to_thiefmaster
Level: 21X/16X
Guild: RevoLatino/HellVilleDelux

Both, but also depents in quickness and strong of the character (Example: SSBB= Peach/Lucas, Soul Calibur= Cassandra/Talim, TO= Raccoon/Fox)

05-10-2009   #20 (permalink)
Muspasuta
Special

Allan has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Allan
IGN: Mustapusta
Class: Male
Level: 99
Guild: None

the only reason i chose a male tauren druid.