ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Same gender or opposite gender in MMOs? (http://ggftw.com/forum/general-discussion/46527-same-gender-opposite-gender-mmos.html)

Kate 05-07-2009 04:09 AM

Same gender or opposite gender in MMOs?

I was wondering. Does anyone play the same gender as they are in real life or play the opposite sex pixel?

Well, for me...I'm a female and mostly play male characters in MMORPGs. Reason why if I play warrior/bowman, I choose male gender cause they look stronger than female. Another reason why...cause there's perverts these days and likes to harass mainly female pixels. >.>

What about you?

Hector 05-07-2009 11:02 AM

Depends on who looks better as the class in question. XD

Metty 05-07-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hector (Post 823409)
Depends on who looks better as the class in question. XD

This. Only in Warhammer did male characters finally look badass in their final gear. Unless they were Dark Elves.

Torikakae 05-07-2009 11:18 AM

I'm a guy IRL and I mostly play guys since I usually roleplay as myself whenever I start a new MMO. Only when I get a good feel of the game and make a 2nd character do I even consider playing as a girl. But in almost all of the MMO's I played, I always only play my first character. I get so attached to him that I don't wanna make/play other classes LOL. The only exception is probably my Priestess in RO, but that's only because my 1st character got hacked~

Moonflow 05-07-2009 11:28 AM

I play both now and then but mostly girls.

Because they are cute, and when im bored i can do this.

Tardar 05-07-2009 12:11 PM

Dude who plays a lot of Female characters. I just think it's mainly cuter. Most of the guys (exception of the Lion) are just... meh, don't think I could look at them for 5 hours or more. Though occasionally I will play dudes.

miyasha 05-07-2009 12:31 PM

it depends on how the character looks like. i usualy go for the cute type, which usually are the female characters.

Skiegh 05-07-2009 12:51 PM

Ever since I played City of heroes, which allows for absurd customization and a back story, I've kind of had preset names and roles for all my characters. Though, my list of names for characters has been on-going ever since Diablo was released.

More often than not though...

Chrono: Chrono trigger, obviously (I prefer the "H"). Only people who know me for awhile call me this. (I remember being called Chrono for a year of high school, good times.)
Skiegh: Swordsman of some sort. I created this name from scratch out of no where, been my alias since.
Xianglar: Mage or necromancer or what have you. I made this name up when I was naming my Necromancer in Diablo 2. I was playing a lot of Dynasty warriors at the time.
Kayko: Outside of guild wars, all my archers are female and named Kayko.
Lavendre: Toss up female name, plays any roll but she always ends up kicking ass, no matter the game. This is by far my favorite female name, ever. If I ever do I get married and have a daughter, I'd so try and buy my wife out on this name.
Valigar: Toss up, though usually a mage of sorts but he got stuck as being my Krieg on Lunia. I got this name from (This is completely random) the mage type guy you meet for 3 seconds in Might and Magic 6. (Amazing game, try it out. It has my child hood written on it.)
Laine: He was my archer in GW but he also plays many other rolls!

And so on and so forth...

Blizt 05-07-2009 01:22 PM

I usually just play both of them, but it also depend a lot on how the characters look.

For instance, if the male character look too "manly" (muscle like or whatever), you can expect me to go for female then probably...

JustinBieber 05-07-2009 01:39 PM

Gender totally depends on what kinds of names I can scrap up/still available.

Sheep 05-07-2009 01:42 PM

Depends on which has the nicer looking costumes U:
But then there are some games where you must select a certain gender for a class (i.e. Diablo II) /o

mamoru 05-07-2009 06:59 PM

depends if choosing a gender makes the class role different. but usually i'm male regardless ;_;

LaTale 05-08-2009 06:45 AM

It depends, Sometimes I play female, sometimes male.
But, I always have at least one male character on every game. :v

kuyaBaka 05-08-2009 06:55 AM

Depends on the cosmetics of the genders and stuff.

SilentSaber 05-08-2009 10:04 AM

It's pretty random for me, since I mainly play for amusement (aka to burn time), so gender hardly matters. Though, admittedly, interesting situations arise a lot more often when I'm playing as a female character... I wonder why.

Rie 05-08-2009 01:22 PM

My Basis for the chars Are the looks. I mainly go for whats Cute ~ And since i like playing 2d based games Female Characters Win that one ~ So i Always end up playing them.. Also Depends on what Name i can think of x_x; I also base my Attitude on the Char im making :v I Mostly Play Female Chars ( i wonder..)
But i play males Occasionally too.

Javier 05-08-2009 06:37 PM

Guy irl who plays mostly male chars. However, if I make additional chars or mule chars, they often end up as females.

DarkAmbience 05-09-2009 07:54 AM

Male irl. My female characters far outnumber my male ones. (Hmm I think it's at 5 to 30+)

Male characters are boring, at least with female characters there's the possibility of a stalker which amuses me.
Unless the female character isn't cute/hot-ish, it's always the gender I play online.
And I can come up with female names without thinking, guy names take up to a few months for me. o.o;;

Heppokomaru 05-09-2009 08:05 AM

Both, but also depents in quickness and strong of the character (Example: SSBB= Peach/Lucas, Soul Calibur= Cassandra/Talim, TO= Raccoon/Fox)

Allan 05-10-2009 12:26 PM

the only reason i chose a male tauren druid.
http://www.regressionx.com/wow/Image...renFemale1.jpg