ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Politics~ President of the United States (http://ggftw.com/forum/general-discussion/443-politics-president-united-states.html)

Leenalia 06-18-2008 12:04 PM

Politics~ President of the United States

I want everyone's opinion on who they think will become President, who they want to be President, Why they want or don't want that particular person to be President and what will they do if their candidate isn't President. You don't have to be American to discuss- Last I heard, who ends up being the President is an interest to the whole world....so yeah discuss.

*NOTE* I said discuss, not flame or start a political war. Please talk in a civilized manner and keep tempers low.

===

President I want: Barack Obama
President I don't want: John McCain
Why Obama?: He's not Republican and he has all these ideas that will most likely work. There's tons of benefits of him being President like free community colleges, universal healthcare, no more Iraq war, etc.
Why not McCain?: I don't care about him coming from my state, to me he screams "Bush Jr." Also, they are making a law that states no one over the age of 65 should run for President, McCain's 71 so yeah >.>;;
If Obama is President then what?: I will be VERY happy....probably I'll even be patriotic for the first time in my life.
If McCain is President then what?: I'm moving out of the USA. I'm dead serious, if he is President of the United States then I am moving to Canada or Europe again. I will lose all respect for the USA, no offense but I don't want another "Bush" and I hate this war so badly........I can't understand WHY people would WANT to prolong the war and don't say it's because of the terrorists...we all know the REAL reason.

Bob 06-18-2008 11:41 PM

*Looks around* From the looks of things @__@, no one knows anything about politics/have interest in them. I... am clueless about the presidential election (I know I shouldn`t be) and this ad on the site seems to want me to vote for Obama... I think. And I think I side with you... I don`t like the Iraq War either... and universal health care is nice too.

Khmer2k1d5 06-18-2008 11:43 PM

Lol, go Obama, I really do think he and Hillary will help this country. Though, if it were the other way around, I would've ran off to Canada...

Kusuriuri 06-18-2008 11:46 PM

McCain flips around too much. Granted, I dont pay nearly as much attention to politics as perhaps I should, but honestly, McCain seemed to not know much aside from his military experience in the beginning, and now suddenly he knows everything? >_> Mhmm.

We get McCain, I seriously believe its basically just gonna be another 4 years of Bush. Yippee!

Sheep 06-20-2008 08:26 AM

Umm neither of them have visited Iowa or the disaster areas ( which kinda makes me mad )
So I am still undecided >_> how can they focus on a campaign when something like that happens.

WarriorsBlade 06-20-2008 08:34 AM

I want McCain to win.
1. Because he's a republican.
2. He's a military veteran so he'll know what's best for Iraq more then Obama would.
I do think however, that Obama is way better then Hillary would be. If Hillary were to have won then her husband would just be back in office, her husband is the reason why we're in Iraq, he had a chance to get the terrorists and he failed. Also I think Obama is to stupid to make a real mistake.
That is my opinion.
Sadly, I am not old enough to vote so it don't really matter lol.

Khmer2k1d5 06-20-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorsBlade (Post 9846)
I want McCain to win.
1. Because he's a republican.
2. He's a military veteran so he'll know what's best for Iraq more then Obama would.
I do think however, that Obama is way better then Hillary would be. If Hillary were to have won then her husband would just be back in office, her husband is the reason why we're in Iraq, he had a chance to get the terrorists and he failed. Also I think Obama is to stupid to make a real mistake.
That is my opinion.
Sadly, I am not old enough to vote so it don't really matter lol.

Lol, I blame Clinton for getting us there. I blame Bush for keeping it going.

WarriorsBlade 06-20-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5 (Post 9912)
Lol, I blame Clinton for getting us there. I blame Bush for keeping it going.

Yeah pretty much. Of course, after 9-11 what president in their right mind wouldn't go back there and try to get these guys?

Xpecial 06-21-2008 11:53 PM

^Had that been the case, all this wouldn't be up for debate. Evidence (and even people from Bush's own cabinet) hints at Bush starting the war not for "eliminating terrorists" but for his own personal reasons.

Medoria 06-22-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorsBlade (Post 10351)
Yeah pretty much. Of course, after 9-11 what president in their right mind wouldn't go back there and try to get these guys?

Did you just... imply that bush is in his right mind?

Hi, we are America and we are super arrogant, someone bullied us so we are going to wildly accuse everyone, lie to the american people about so called threats and we'll give it a fancy name like "War on Terror" because who wants to be the one that -doesn't- support the war on terror.
Much like the "war on drugs" it hasn't helped crap.

Being a military brat myself and having both my parents go to war (nam and operation restore hope respectively)- i can still in full confidence say that Bush and his administration have misled the american public and brought us into a "war" on those lies. Not to mention that countless of our youth have died for this war that many do not even support. Do you know how depressing it is to go to your high school reunion and find that a bunch of people you graduated with died in Iraq before they even got out of college?

My vote is with Obama. Pull out our troops, invest in the american people, universal health care, etc, I'm all for it.

Xpecial 06-22-2008 12:20 AM

^Not to mention the amount of propaganda in just about everything.

CountBlood 06-22-2008 12:23 AM

Eh being young I'm not really interested in politics since i don't have much of a choice. I think Obama is better, But Hilliary's voters are just going to pull to McCain or w.e But guys just so you know once you get in a "war" you can't just pull right out.

Feeline 06-22-2008 05:26 AM

Edwards or Kucinich.

WarriorsBlade 06-22-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xpecial (Post 15120)
^Had that been the case, all this wouldn't be up for debate. Evidence (and even people from Bush's own cabinet) hints at Bush starting the war not for "eliminating terrorists" but for his own personal reasons.

So you think he shouldn't go in there. You think the terrorists should have time to do nothing and plan on how to attack us again. EDIT: Yeah it was a personal reason, they attacked America, if you've forgotten. And attacking one's country is getting pretty personal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medoria (Post 15164)
Did you just... imply that bush is in his right mind?

Hi, we are America and we are super arrogant, someone bullied us so we are going to wildly accuse everyone, lie to the american people about so called threats and we'll give it a fancy name like "War on Terror" because who wants to be the one that -doesn't- support the war on terror.
Much like the "war on drugs" it hasn't helped crap.

Being a military brat myself and having both my parents go to war (nam and operation restore hope respectively)- i can still in full confidence say that Bush and his administration have misled the american public and brought us into a "war" on those lies. Not to mention that countless of our youth have died for this war that many do not even support. Do you know how depressing it is to go to your high school reunion and find that a bunch of people you graduated with died in Iraq before they even got out of college?

My vote is with Obama. Pull out our troops, invest in the american people, universal health care, etc, I'm all for it.

Ok, the reason why we're there may have been false but hey, I don't think you need a reason to go to war with a group of people that attacked your homeland. Do you?
Did you know that we still have troops in Germany? The point is, you don't just pull all the troops, there will probably always be troops in Iraq/Afghanistan. And, here's my opinion, if we were to pull our troops that would be about the dumbest thing we could do. Just think, the terrorists wouldn't have anyone opposing them. They'd be able to do w/e they want basically, and eventually, if we leave them alone long enough, they'll think of an very destructive way to attack America. I mean after all, these are people who HATE us. They won't leave us alone if we leave them alone. They will continue to do all in they're power to KILL us.