Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-03-2008   #1 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume
Default PSP emulator

I know there are DS & GBA emulator, but is there any PSP emulator that i can actually play with? and are they good?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-03-2008   #2 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

I'm not sure if PSP and those emulator is illegal or not, if it's illegal, then it should not be discussed here ._.

12-03-2008   #3 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Shizuru
Class: Force 69 | Fighter 43 lu_eir

As far as I know, there is no working PSP emulator yet. The ones that ARE working only manage to play homebrew games/apps. :x

Still, WIP.

12-03-2008   #4 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

Everything's pretty much a work in progress, even the DS emulator has it's kinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
I'm not sure if PSP and those emulator is illegal or not, if it's illegal, then it should not be discussed here ._.
Well I believe emulators aren't really illegal, since they're well emulators, they emulate the real thing. If emulation wasn't allowed then I don't think virtual PC software like vmware would be allowed and well isn't Linux sorta a emulation of Unix and PC?

However roms are definitely illegal.

Last edited by Levin; 12-03-2008 at 09:13 AM.

12-03-2008   #5 (permalink)
Designer

Location: In the Long Ago, when Things were Otherwise and the Moon was Different
Ryugen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryugen
Class: Non-existant lt_treasurehunter
Level: <3

So far I haven't come across a decent PSP emulator yet, at this stage they all seem to be still in development.

As for the legality; making, possessing, distributing, etc. Emulators is perfectly legal. Possessing ROMs is fine so long as you own the original game, and if you don't, you can possess a ROM for up to 24 hours and then must delete it.

Also, if anyone is after a decent DS emulator, No$DS is by far the best.

12-03-2008   #6 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugen
So far I haven't come across a decent PSP emulator yet, at this stage they all seem to be still in development.

As for the legality; making, possessing, distributing, etc. Emulators is perfectly legal. Possessing ROMs is fine so long as you own the original game, and if you don't, you can possess a ROM for up to 24 hours and then must delete it.

Also, if anyone is after a decent DS emulator, No$DS is by far the best.
ROMs are illegal no matter how long you possess it. The only legal ROMs are ones you rip yourself while holding onto the physical medium you ripped it from.
Emulators are legal, but having the BIOS and other such things like keys are not, and some don't function if you don't use one.

If you want to know about emulation Strike, I recommend this site to get your emulation questions answered: NGEmu

12-03-2008   #7 (permalink)
Designer

Location: In the Long Ago, when Things were Otherwise and the Moon was Different
Ryugen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryugen
Class: Non-existant lt_treasurehunter
Level: <3

Heh, if what you say is true about possession, then the law has changed since I checked it a few years ago.

12-03-2008   #8 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugen
Heh, if what you say is true about possession, then the law has changed since I checked it a few years ago.
As illegal as it is, no one really cares except publishers from my understanding. Since the DMCA makes it illegal to even rip ROMs and such; you're going to commit an illegal act when you want your consumer rights.

12-10-2008   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Katorskay is your worst nightmare!Katorskay is your worst nightmare!
Send a message via MSN to Katorskay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
ROMs are illegal no matter how long you possess it. The only legal ROMs are ones you rip yourself while holding onto the physical medium you ripped it from.
Emulators are legal, but having the BIOS and other such things like keys are not, and some don't function if you don't use one.

If you want to know about emulation Strike, I recommend this site to get your emulation questions answered: NGEmu
Even those are illegal, when you purchase a game, You only buy the license to that copy. (as far as video games go)

12-10-2008   #10 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katorskay
Even those are illegal, when you purchase a game, You only buy the license to that copy. (as far as video games go)
You missed post #8.

12-10-2008   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Katorskay is your worst nightmare!Katorskay is your worst nightmare!
Send a message via MSN to Katorskay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
You missed post #8.
Well even if it wasn't illegal to rip them, they would still be illegal even if you currently own the copy.

Which was my point.

12-10-2008   #12 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Same applies to computer stuff, easily as said "Do not make illegal copy of this disc", that sums up what Katorstay trying to say.

It would be illegal to make copies of the game you bought anyway, since the license only for one copy of that game, not multiple.

12-10-2008   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

kracher is on a distinguished road
IGN: kr4cher, 2ndkracher
Class: All of dem xD to_lion
Level: xxx

For which game u want to use a emu?
Many of the PSP games are the same or smaller versions of the PS 1/2/3 games...

Donīt see a use in a psp emu... really not ._."

12-10-2008   #14 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

any gundam games will do, since gundam game in DS isn't that good

12-10-2008   #15 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katorskay
Well even if it wasn't illegal to rip them, they would still be illegal even if you currently own the copy.

Which was my point.
Yes, which is why I said you missed post #8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikegundam
any gundam games will do, since gundam game in DS isn't that good

You mean the SRW series?