Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-30-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

f3ature is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MMO websites. What should be the most important?

Hello everyone.

I am Justin, student from Lithuania, doing some researches about MMO gaming websites. I am very curious to hear opinions from people who visit MMO gaming websites, and play MMOs, what do you think should be more important in such kind of website: articles, videos, etc. or communication between visitors? Don't you think that attention to visitors, communication should be me more important? Or maybe there is something even more important? I am waiting for your opinion, you would help me a lot with my college project. Thank you for your time.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-30-2013   #2 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

A common interest is important.

In ggFTW's case it's games but that in itself is still pretty broad. If we were to be more specific, a lot of us at ggFTW have an interest in MMORPGs (but that doesn't mean we don't have an interest in other genres).

Trying to answer your question as best as I can. :P

12-01-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

f3ature is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
A common interest is important.

In ggFTW's case it's games but that in itself is still pretty broad. If we were to be more specific, a lot of us at ggFTW have an interest in MMORPGs (but that doesn't mean we don't have an interest in other genres).

Trying to answer your question as best as I can. :P
Thanks for a good advice, every opinion is very important for me

12-01-2013   #4 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

From what I've seen through all this time on this site, one of the most important things for MMO websites is content. Mind you, websites like Mabinogi World might have had a contrasting experience, but, a major feature and attract for MMO sites is information and communication.

People are attracted to MMO gaming sites because the websites provide them with information they might have otherwise not know about the game they are playing and through that they end up communicating with people. The duration they actually linger beyond that is then based on common interest as Kenzor said.

MMO gaming sites tend to dwindle when the games they provide information for wane in population

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

01-01-2014   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

twinblade is on a distinguished road

^ that one I think...content and the people who provide that content together with other people who need the content.

03-02-2014   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

JakeFrost is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f3ature
Hello everyone.

I am Justin, student from Lithuania, doing some researches about MMO gaming websites. I am very curious to hear opinions from people who visit MMO gaming websites, and play MMOs, what do you think should be more important in such kind of website: articles, videos, etc. or communication between visitors? Don't you think that attention to visitors, communication should be me more important? Or maybe there is something even more important? I am waiting for your opinion, you would help me a lot with my college project. Thank you for your time.
Hi. Here's my take on that:

I frequent forums of different games/mmos on the net and I observed that games that has a good support for players (usually in their official forums) has retained a good number of followers. And they have some, if not all, of the things you mentioned: Articles, Videos, Promotions/Events, etc. And I also noticed that they also have a strong SNS community. Like a facebook official game page where other players can communicate coz, let's admit it, not all players visit a forum page.

03-09-2014   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

amalager is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with Jake Frost. Inactive MMO pages are the worst. To give you more info regarding your inquiry, go to sites of new games like the main page of Eclipse War or Blade and Soul and see how they change as they go along.