Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-28-2013   #1 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Comcast trying out Data Limits on Internet.

Yeah thanks Comcast for screwing me out of getting 1Gbps with another company for the same price I'm paying you for 50Mbps thanks to your monopoly. Now limit me on what I can use per month.

(And yes there have been quite a few months, especially after the cousin that moved in with us, that we go over 300 GB...)

https://customer.comcast.com/help-an...ans-launching/

Quote:
Introduction

Frequently asked questions about our data usage plans.

We'll be launching multiple trial approaches, and here is an overview:

In the Nashville, Tennessee, market, we will increase our data usage allowance for all tiers to 300 GB per month and also offer additional gigabytes in increments/blocks (e.g., $10 per 50 GB).

In the Tucson, Arizona, market, we will increase our data usage allowance for XFINITY Internet customers subscribing to the Economy tier through the Performance tier from 250 GB to 300 GB. In addition, those customers subscribed to the Blast! tier will receive an increase to 350 GB, those subscribed to Extreme 50 will be increased to 450 GB, and those subscribed to Extreme 105 will be increased to 600 GB (see table below).

In the Fresno, California, market, we will begin trialing a Flexible-Data Option specifically designed for casual or light Internet users who typically use 5 GB of data or less a month. This option will be available only to Economy Plus customers and will provide a $5 credit if a customer’s total monthly data usage is less than or equal to 5 GB per month. However, if a customer that chooses this option uses more than 5 GB of data in any given month, then she will not receive the $5 credit, and will be charged an additional $1 for each gigabyte of data used over the 5 GB included in the Flexible-Data Option.

In Huntsville and Mobile, AL; Atlanta; Augusta and Savannah, GA; Central Kentucky; Maine; Jackson, MS; Knoxville and Memphis, TN; and Charleston, SC we have begin a trial which will increase our data usage allowance for all XFINITY Internet tiers to 300 GB per month and also offer additional gigabytes in increments/blocks (e.g., $10 per 50 GB). During this trial, XFINITY Internet Economy Plus customers in these markets can choose to enroll in the Flexible-Data Option which will modify their data usage allowance from 300 GB to 5 GB, and provide a $5 credit if their total monthly data usage is less than or equal to 5 GB per month. If customers choose this option and uses more than 5 GB of data in any given month, then they will not receive the $5 credit and will be charged an additional $1 for each gigabyte of data used over the 5 GB included in the Flexible-Data Option.

We believe that the approach we are taking with our data trials is fair because it means those who use more pay more and those who use less can now pay less.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-28-2013   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

In my city it's unlimited data. But when you reach your bandwidth limit which for me is 500GB, they don't charge you extra for still using it, they just throttle your speeds down some more as compensation. Then it resets after the next bill payment.

Being able to maintain a stable price at the cost of a few kb speed decrease is worth it if you can find that kind of plan with a company you live nearby.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

11-28-2013   #3 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Comcast has a monopoly in our city so they're the only ISP that we can get ~_~...

I've been trying to talk to our congressmen about it, but it seems like they don't give a crap. They probably are getting paid for it under the table or something =/

11-28-2013   #4 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

If you expect the government which is also a business, to care about something unrelated to them. Well the results are obvious.

11-28-2013   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
They probably are getting paid for it under the table or something =/
Unlikely. Data limits impact very few people with those people being of a specific demographic. If his office was getting flooded with multiple calls.....

01-01-2014   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

twinblade is on a distinguished road

Almost like those pay to play MMOs. -_-

01-01-2014   #7 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
If you expect the government which is also a business, to care about something unrelated to them. Well the results are obvious.
An update to this now incorrect statement.

The answer is Canada.

They're stepping in to prevent greedy companies from charging us up the ass for things like cell phones and TV. Because fuck your TV bundles, I just want the one channel I like for $1, not that channel and 20 shitty ones for $15. I also don't want to pay $100 for a god damn cell phone bill because you own most of our airwaves you greedy fucks. KILL THEM ALL!

If they can destroy TV + Internet bundling, I'm going to be one happy man. Why pay for TV when you only need the internet?

01-08-2014   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

twinblade is on a distinguished road

Was that about their anti-bio hazard program or something?

01-17-2014   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
MicroVolts OnlineWonderKing OnlineLa TaleTera Online

Antarctica is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Antarctica
Class: Berserker lt_warlord
Guild: Shine

I'm surprised at being the first time i'm hearing about this. Usually I tend to follow-up on a lot of whats going on in terms of internet. But Light is correct, Canada has been using this model for quite some time now. However here in America, it makes me a little uncomfortable knowing we do have monopolies and it's a complete corporate takeover with the media companies pushing congress.

Though less on the politics side, the internet is starting to get a lot of attention from companies that weren't focused on it to begin with. Usually companies like Charter, Comcast, and Time Warner tend to make business models revolving around the same usage plan for the past decade here in America. Problem is that it's going to be easily abused being in America and all. The regulations tend to be pushed onto the consumers rather than the ISP's at this point. Maybe i'm just being superficial or skeptical about all of this but I do worry sometimes, as companies are out to make a profit at the endgame. The scarier part is we're at a day and age where mediocrity is acceptable and it wont take long for things to get out of hand if i'm right on the above ^ account.

Last edited by Antarctica; 01-17-2014 at 04:45 AM. Reason: "The usual spelling errors"

01-17-2014   #10 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
IGN: Devilit
Class: Raven lt_explorer
Level: 60
Guild: Majestic
Xfire: riolu

When it comes to the internet capitalism worked pretty well in my country as my current ISP is trying to gather as many people as possible by providing cheap and fast fiberlink internet, i pay 7$ a month for 20mb/s with no data limits (100mb/s is 15$ but it's unavailable where i live atm).