Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-24-2013   #1 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of
Default Five Reasons to Avoid Singapore

Five Reasons Not to Travel to Singapore: This South East Asian Country is One to Avoid - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

well yeah, its my hometown actually, but truth to be told I actually do agree on some of her points to a certain extent.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-25-2013   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Chibiursa will become famous soon enough
IGN: Reanemeiko
Xfire: Reanemeiko

I've been there and Agree on the post.... i can't barely breath, I just love how the country is very discipline .

05-29-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

AnonShadow is on a distinguished road
IGN: Aeryn
Class: Archer
Guild: Not interested

I've never been there

05-31-2013   #4 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

lol
1. It may be boring in some sense but we do have Zoo, really nice buildings and structures, theme parks, bird parks, great food, water theme parks etc.
If you come from a city and then come to Singapore which happens to be a city, then i'd be really shock if you assume Singapore has something more.
2. Yes Singapore is expensive if you're going for a holiday and save money there's still ways to do it.
Like budget hotels, hawker food, botanical gardens (Free), Parks,
3. "Forgetting to flush the toilet could get you a fine of $500" wow that's new to me, and if you're a foreigner/tourist there's always the benefit of doubt.
As long as you don't do crazy stuff you'll be fine.
4. Partially true, but in the end your boundaries are yours to control.
5. It depends on your view of censorship.

Singapore is a good place to go on tour but definitely not a place to migrate to.

The reasons 3,4 and 5 is totally redundant to a traveller.
Not exactly sure if the writer is looking for a place to stay or going on a holiday.
But anyway it seems like a really old article or is 2010 not the date.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

Last edited by kag; 06-13-2013 at 07:57 AM.

06-04-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

SamGamer is on a distinguished road

I've been there and loved it. Would love to visit again even though i agree with the article.

06-08-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterEden EternalLa TalePhantasy Star Online 2
Awards Facebook Fan

Xerra is on a distinguished road
IGN: Xilvarron
Class: Multi-role

Agreed on the many restriction, it's very, very discipline there.
First time i was told about the fine in there, i thought it was just a joke, until i found out myself that it's true.

06-11-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Daniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud of
IGN: pretty snice
Class: #howsnace to_soulmaster
Level: #10FEETTALL
Guild: daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kag
lol
1. It may be boring in some sense but we do have Zoo, really nice buildings and structures, theme parks, bird parks, great food, water theme parks etc.
If you come from a city and then come to Singapore which happens to be a city i'd be really shock if you believe Singapore happens to be something more.
2. Yes Singapore is expensive if you're going for a holiday and save money there's still ways to do it.
Like budget hotels, hawker food, botanical gardens (Free), Parks,
3. "Forgetting to flush the toilet could get you a fine of $500" wow that's new to, and if you're a foreigner/tourist there's always the benefit of doubt. As long as you don't do crazy stuff you'll be fine.
4. Partially true, but in the end your boundaries are yours to control.
5. It depends on your view of censorship.

Singapore is a good place to go on tour but definitely not a place to migrate to.

The reasons 3,4 and 5 is totally redundant to a traveller.
Not exactly sure if the writer is looking for a place to stay or going on a holiday.
But anyway it seems like a really old article or is 2010 not the date.
Bird Parks and you got me.

06-20-2013   #8 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

Singapore owns. I wish the United States had their level of discipline and punishment. We'd save so many tax dollars each year if we just adopted caning.

I've been given the rundown on what a caning exactly is. Let me just say that if I was given the choice of a year in prison or a caning, I'd take the year in prison. I'm pretty sure that after one caning, there's not too many repeat offenders.

06-26-2013   #9 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

It's unfair to label Singapore based on its downtown core. I stayed at a Lorong hotel, and the streets are just as filthy as New York on a late Saturday morning. ION Orchard has one of the most amazing public restrooms layouts ever, but the second you go to the MRT public squat toilets, you feel like you entered a Saw movie and stared right into the mouth of hell. There's still a ton of hookers and adult toy stores on Geylang Rd, but I hear it's been toned down from the past. It's a colorful area, but if you want boring, head right over to Suntec City or Milennia Walk. It's the type of place Paris Hilton would go to... if she was shopping with her parents.

On the plus side: the MRT tells you which side is unloading, and your cell phone works in the subway. Food courts in major malls have great ambiance, and the subway links directly to the airport, which is one of the most comfortable in the world. Marina Bay Sands is a hit or miss depending on how you like your entertainment... it's shaped like a cruise ship, and it often feels like one too. The infinity pool is way too packed, but if want a good shot of it empty, forget about paying for the observation deck and go to the chocolate buffet instead. It costs three times as much as an observation pass, but you get to pig out on desserts and be around the pool and skyline when all the other people are kicked out. Also, you get to see the laser shoot into the art gallery from the top floor. Lasers make everything better.

06-26-2013   #10 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Suntec is where the conventions and fairs are held.

The food courts may have a nice ambience but the food may not be all that fantastic, and during the mealtimes hours, it may be tend to be so packed that you may have difficulty finding a seat, to the point that some people actually sort of reserved the table just by putting a packet of tissue paper on the table and mark it as theirs.

and oh, recently we just had the worst haze ever.