ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Suggestions on iPhone games/apps! (http://ggftw.com/forum/general-discussion/106024-suggestions-iphone-games-apps.html)

ForTheCity 12-12-2011 10:55 AM

Suggestions on iPhone games/apps!

Didn't see an iPhone thread so wanted to start one.

Anyone have any good useful iPhone games or apps. I haven't downloaded any games in a while so maybe its time to get a new iPhone game.

Right now I'm mainly using twitter, foursquare, scoutmob, tip calculator, facebook, gasbuddy, yelp and Baseball Superstars 2011 (free game).All those apps are free lol.

Saw Batman was a good game but at a price of $5.99, its a little steep for me. Also heard the game was short. My friend purchased infinite blade, at first I thought it was pretty fun, just to realize it was very repetitive.

Batman's Return to Arkham City is Triumphant, But Short

Lets post iPhone games and apps that you guys all use!!!! Let us know what the app is and the price too!

kuyaBaka 12-12-2011 11:48 AM

Tumblr app is the epitome of not taking notes in class.
Instagram to take fancy pictures and to piss off hipsters.
Fruit Ninja 'cause it's fun.
World of Warcraft Armory (free) is so nifty when it comes to planning out gears and keeping updated on guild stuff.
Alfred is a pretty cool app that helps you figure out where you should go eat, based on your past experiences and likes/dislikes.
Words with Friends. Of course.

ForTheCity 12-12-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuyaBaka (Post 1653320)
Tumblr app is the epitome of not taking notes in class.
Instagram to take fancy pictures and to piss off hipsters.
Fruit Ninja 'cause it's fun.
World of Warcraft Armory (free) is so nifty when it comes to planning out gears and keeping updated on guild stuff.
Alfred is a pretty cool app that helps you figure out where you should go eat, based on your past experiences and likes/dislikes.
Words with Friends. Of course.

I have instagram and tumblr. I don't really use it. Its for when my gf wants to play with my phone. I do use tumblr while i'm on my computer tho. My gf has fruit ninja on her itouch so I usually just play it there. but i suck at it so bad. =[

I'll have to check out Alfred. I can never decide where I want to eat at. Thanks!

Anyone else have suggestions! This could be a great thread for all the iphone users!

Harlequin 12-12-2011 04:21 PM

Angry Birds.

Chu Chu Rocket.

That's really all I can think of for iPhone. I use Android, but I know that they share a lot of apps/games, including these two. If you don't have Angry Birds on your phone, then you may as well not even have a phone :v

Aimee 12-12-2011 04:22 PM

The only apps I use daily are Whatsapp (free IM between whatsapp users), BeejiveIM (msn) and Facebook and a free version of -cough-iTorch-cough- coz I'm scared of the dark .-.

I have one folder for games but the only three I really play when I'm bored is Fruit Ninja, DoodleJump and RobotUnicorn (lol)

Queen 12-12-2011 04:35 PM

Angry Birds, get it!

I also personally like Tiny Wings too, dat little fet bird ;o;

Also Solitaire, but I can sit on that and play for like 40 minutes straight cause I'm weird like that.

kuyaBaka 12-12-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1653449)
Angry Birds.

Chu Chu Rocket.

That's really all I can think of for iPhone. I use Android, but I know that they share a lot of apps/games, including these two. If you don't have Angry Birds on your phone, then you may as well not even have a phone :v

No. Way.
I freaking LOVED that game.

And I see Final Fantasy Tactics for $16. Hmph.

ForTheCity 12-13-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harlequin (Post 1653449)
Angry Birds.

Chu Chu Rocket.

was chu chu rockets that one game for dreamcast? but...but..but.... i use to have angry birds :py56::py56::py56:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimee (Post 1653450)
The only apps I use daily are Whatsapp (free IM between whatsapp users), BeejiveIM (msn) and Facebook and a free version of -cough-iTorch-cough- coz I'm scared of the dark .-.

I have one folder for games but the only three I really play when I'm bored is Fruit Ninja, DoodleJump and RobotUnicorn (lol)

oh yeah i heard whatsapp is good. my bro and my dad use it. i was suppose to download it to text my friends who are overseas. is robot unicorn the one from adult swim?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jitara (Post 1653454)
Angry Birds, get it!

I also personally like Tiny Wings too, dat little fet bird ;o;

Also Solitaire, but I can sit on that and play for like 40 minutes straight cause I'm weird like that.

i'll try tiny wings. i've see it at the apple store. but i don't remember ever playing it.

kag 12-14-2011 05:03 AM

You can have a look at this site
http://www.appspy.com/
AppSpy's Channel - YouTube

Gives good in depth and unbias reviews and gives updates on the recent discounted prices.

Scathach 12-14-2011 07:54 AM

Tilt to Live & Tap Tap Revenge? :">

ForTheCity 12-14-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudBiscuit (Post 1654200)
Tilt to Live & Tap Tap Revenge? :">

whats tilt to love?

i play tap tap revenge but only with my gf. she loves that game. its hard to play 2 player on her itouch tho since its so small.

ForTheCity 12-14-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kag (Post 1654169)
You can have a look at this site
iPhone Game Reviews - Track Apps and Save with AppSpy
AppSpy's Channel - YouTube

Gives good in depth and unbias reviews and gives updates on the recent discounted prices.

Thanks this looks like a great site. i'll check it out!

Aimee 12-14-2011 04:22 PM

lol yeah Robot Unicorn is the one from adult swim, only difference on the phone is you tap either the left or the right of the screen to dash or jump. instead of z and x.

WhatThePho 12-14-2011 04:40 PM

I believe Gameloft has a few interesting titles. the price is a bit steep though.

Firzin 12-14-2011 06:28 PM

Touch Arcade: iPhone Game Reviews and News

A website dedicated to iPhone games.

I recommend:

Zenonia series (K-RPG)
Mage Gauntlet (old school game, plays similarly to LoZ but with magic)
Infinity Blade (Sword fighting game, gameplay isn't that deep but it's fun)
derp didn't see you mention it already
Pocket God (sandbox game, gets repetitive after a while though.)
Perfect Cell (stealth/puzzle type of game)
Anything by Kairosoft, highly recommend Game Dev Story.
Cut the Rope (puzzle game)
Battleheart < Get this (mix of rts and rpg elements)

There's plenty more that I would recommend but yeah. Some of my top picks.

ForTheCity 12-15-2011 12:07 PM

There aren't any gundam games for the iphone are there? LOL i doubt it, but i can always HOPE!

gamebug 12-23-2011 03:59 PM

i play:

zenonia 4 - free
zombie crisis 3 - free
nfs 2 - paid
real tennis - free
assassin's creed - paid (dunno if they went free for a while)
worms

Kusuriuri 12-25-2011 06:18 PM

Another vote here for Tiny Wings. Other games I personally like are Contre Jour and Wild Frontier. I like Zenonia as well, but only 3 |: Played the previous two but meh to them.

If you're in the US, Pandora is nice. I say US because it doesn't work anywhere else, unfortunately. Also, the TED app, go watch some TED talks. Usually some pretty interesting stuff.

Chibiursa 01-18-2012 08:40 PM

Application? I usually download Apps like Tools? Flashlight, Camera Settings, Wifi Settings or Different Launcher for my Phone and specially Communication apps like Skype, YM

Riolu 06-20-2012 05:54 AM

Fruit ninja or something like that is fun.