Discussion? Well, something of the sort. Ive been itching to ramble about the things that Ive enjoyed/bugged me.
DISCUSSION IS ABOUT THE ADVANCE SERIES ONLY. No FFT comparisons here, you wanna talk about FFT, make your own thread please.
VEIL'S THOUGHTS 8D
FFTA over A2:
- What the hell happened to my shops getting new shipments of items? Wtf bazaar? And then I STILL have to go buy the item after turning in some loot to even obtain it? Are you kidding me, I have to go into a WHOLE separate screen just to compare the stats of a shop item to the stats of a piece of equipment Ive currently got on? Overall, I hate A2's shop system. It sucks. It makes getting specific skills for classes a total pain in the ass too, thanks to the bazaar thing.
- Welcome to some of A2's most bullshit laws to ever exist. I get violations for breaking laws such as 'Getting Robbed,' 'Missing,' and 'Not Moving [Exactly] 3 Tiles.' I can understand adding.. say, challenge, and making you think, but honestly, some things you cant help. Hell, Ive missed with skills before on 99%
. One map they gave me 'Not Moving 3 Tiles' on, and guess what! It was a small, crammed map. The way it was set up, by the time I got to the third character, there was no where me to move exactly 3 tiles. Bing! Law violation. Or how about a map where you have to destroy traps (By moving onto them), and the law forbids attacking? Sounds simple enough. Until you're forced to step onto a Charm trap, and your charmed character attacks someone and breaks the law. Lolwut. Seriously, where the f*** are my damn anti-law cards!?
- I thoroughly enjoyed fighting other clans to gain control of an area. Some have told me they had problems of areas being attacked as soon as they cleared one, but frankly, I never had that problem o_O A2's auction system is boring, and really not exciting ._. it takes about.. 3 auctions (220 days apart each time one ends, took me only 3 anyway) and you'll be able to use your clan points gained from quests to buy coins, and once you're able to buy coins, you can just stock up on 5-coin tokens and break the auctions by gaining complete control over all 4 regions in one fell swoop .-.
- Ties in with laws. For anyone who hasn't played A2 or anything, did I forget to mention that once you break the law in a battle, you cannot revive anyone in your party that dies? I would take a Jagd anyday over this .__.
- I THOUGHT I KILLED YOU. STAY DEAD.
- Anyone else notice the accuracy of Dragoon's Jump skill got seriously
nerfed? I was fairly pissed when I found out. They increased the damage but killed the accuracy. FFS.
- are not a basic Hume job anymore. Lolwut.
- Getting a kill earned you JP, which could be used in FFTA's combo system. The JP could also be used to summon Totema. Buuuut.... where is my combo system ;-;? So they take out the comboing and give us broken skills instead, lulz. GD.
L/R for A
- Self-explanatory I hope? I looked all through the settings. Where the hell is my option to set the L/R buttons up to act as the A button!? *Mashes R button* WORK DAMMIT.
- I really cant believe I forgot this. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY MORPHERS!? One of my favorite Nu Mou classes, totally obliterated from the game .-. I put countless hours into my Morpher in FFTA D<
- I cant even begin to describe just how much I hate Undead units in A2. In FFTA, killing an Undead unit gave you 3 turns before it came back to life. A2? If you dont use Raise/Phoenix Down/Exorcism practically immediately after killing an Undead unit, it comes back to life on its very next turn, full hp and all. Wth!? Half the time I find myself wasting turns getting units close to it so that I dont end up killing it, say, if it happened to take its turn right after, so it doesnt come back .-.
A2 over FFTA
- Similar to FFTA's dispatch missions, however, many missions have the option to either go into battle personally, or send a dispatch party to clear it within X number of days. Certainly a lot easier than wasting 30+ minutes on each mission. The only downside to the dispatch parties is that you cant send any special units, such as Luso, Cid, Adell, Hurdy, etc.
- 'Nuff said. <3
- A couple of the new ones are a little questionable, but there are some definate standouts that I absolutely LOVE. Top ones being the new Human/Hume and Bangaa ones; Hume Seer, Hume Parivir, Bangaa Master Monk and Bangaa Cannoneer. Holy shit.
- FFTA had some pretty nifty skill animations, for being on a GBA. Being on the DS, its only natural that A2 kicks it up a notch and gives you some fancy little animations. Eye candy. Yum.
- Actually one of the few new systems I enjoy. Really, its amazing to through through the beginning part of the game with, say, the Regen ability, when perhaps you cant learn it just yet. The stat boost privledges are pretty nice too. The constant stream of maps with hidden traps was annoying for a while though, I dont want to have to use Libra (Gain if you have FFTA in the GBA slot after loading FFTA2) every battle so I dont hit traps lol.
- Killing something doesnt leave behind an unconscious body or random monster corpse on the map. Wewt! All those did was take up useless space. Another bright side to this is the fact I dont have to locate the body of a party member on the map, get next to it and revive. I can just revive where ever I want. Pretty nice
Breaking the law, on the other hand, isnt. Lol @ banned from reviving.
Thats all I got atm, Im sure I had a few more things, but I cant remember atm .-.
Feel free to agree, disagree, and add your thoughts as well.