09-15-2008   #1 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri
Default FFTA vs FFTA2

Discussion? Well, something of the sort. Ive been itching to ramble about the things that Ive enjoyed/bugged me.

DISCUSSION IS ABOUT THE ADVANCE SERIES ONLY. No FFT comparisons here, you wanna talk about FFT, make your own thread please.

VEIL'S THOUGHTS 8D

FFTA over A2:

Shops - What the hell happened to my shops getting new shipments of items? Wtf bazaar? And then I STILL have to go buy the item after turning in some loot to even obtain it? Are you kidding me, I have to go into a WHOLE separate screen just to compare the stats of a shop item to the stats of a piece of equipment Ive currently got on? Overall, I hate A2's shop system. It sucks. It makes getting specific skills for classes a total pain in the ass too, thanks to the bazaar thing.

Laws - Welcome to some of A2's most bullshit laws to ever exist. I get violations for breaking laws such as 'Getting Robbed,' 'Missing,' and 'Not Moving [Exactly] 3 Tiles.' I can understand adding.. say, challenge, and making you think, but honestly, some things you cant help. Hell, Ive missed with skills before on 99%. One map they gave me 'Not Moving 3 Tiles' on, and guess what! It was a small, crammed map. The way it was set up, by the time I got to the third character, there was no where me to move exactly 3 tiles. Bing! Law violation. Or how about a map where you have to destroy traps (By moving onto them), and the law forbids attacking? Sounds simple enough. Until you're forced to step onto a Charm trap, and your charmed character attacks someone and breaks the law. Lolwut. Seriously, where the f*** are my damn anti-law cards!?

Region Control - I thoroughly enjoyed fighting other clans to gain control of an area. Some have told me they had problems of areas being attacked as soon as they cleared one, but frankly, I never had that problem o_O A2's auction system is boring, and really not exciting ._. it takes about.. 3 auctions (220 days apart each time one ends, took me only 3 anyway) and you'll be able to use your clan points gained from quests to buy coins, and once you're able to buy coins, you can just stock up on 5-coin tokens and break the auctions by gaining complete control over all 4 regions in one fell swoop .-.

Revival - Ties in with laws. For anyone who hasn't played A2 or anything, did I forget to mention that once you break the law in a battle, you cannot revive anyone in your party that dies? I would take a Jagd anyday over this .__.

Montblanc - I THOUGHT I KILLED YOU. STAY DEAD.

Jump - Anyone else notice the accuracy of Dragoon's Jump skill got seriously nerfed? I was fairly pissed when I found out. They increased the damage but killed the accuracy. FFS.

Thieves - are not a basic Hume job anymore. Lolwut.

JP - Getting a kill earned you JP, which could be used in FFTA's combo system. The JP could also be used to summon Totema. Buuuut.... where is my combo system ;-;? So they take out the comboing and give us broken skills instead, lulz. GD.

L/R for A - Self-explanatory I hope? I looked all through the settings. Where the hell is my option to set the L/R buttons up to act as the A button!? *Mashes R button* WORK DAMMIT.

Morphers - I really cant believe I forgot this. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY MORPHERS!? One of my favorite Nu Mou classes, totally obliterated from the game .-. I put countless hours into my Morpher in FFTA D<

Undead - I cant even begin to describe just how much I hate Undead units in A2. In FFTA, killing an Undead unit gave you 3 turns before it came back to life. A2? If you dont use Raise/Phoenix Down/Exorcism practically immediately after killing an Undead unit, it comes back to life on its very next turn, full hp and all. Wth!? Half the time I find myself wasting turns getting units close to it so that I dont end up killing it, say, if it happened to take its turn right after, so it doesnt come back .-.

A2 over FFTA

Dispatch Parties - Similar to FFTA's dispatch missions, however, many missions have the option to either go into battle personally, or send a dispatch party to clear it within X number of days. Certainly a lot easier than wasting 30+ minutes on each mission. The only downside to the dispatch parties is that you cant send any special units, such as Luso, Cid, Adell, Hurdy, etc.

Gria! - 'Nuff said. <3

New Jobs
- A couple of the new ones are a little questionable, but there are some definate standouts that I absolutely LOVE. Top ones being the new Human/Hume and Bangaa ones; Hume Seer, Hume Parivir, Bangaa Master Monk and Bangaa Cannoneer. Holy shit.

Skill Animations - FFTA had some pretty nifty skill animations, for being on a GBA. Being on the DS, its only natural that A2 kicks it up a notch and gives you some fancy little animations. Eye candy. Yum.

Clan Privledges - Actually one of the few new systems I enjoy. Really, its amazing to through through the beginning part of the game with, say, the Regen ability, when perhaps you cant learn it just yet. The stat boost privledges are pretty nice too. The constant stream of maps with hidden traps was annoying for a while though, I dont want to have to use Libra (Gain if you have FFTA in the GBA slot after loading FFTA2) every battle so I dont hit traps lol.

lolbodies - Killing something doesnt leave behind an unconscious body or random monster corpse on the map. Wewt! All those did was take up useless space. Another bright side to this is the fact I dont have to locate the body of a party member on the map, get next to it and revive. I can just revive where ever I want. Pretty nice Breaking the law, on the other hand, isnt. Lol @ banned from reviving.

Thats all I got atm, Im sure I had a few more things, but I cant remember atm .-.

Feel free to agree, disagree, and add your thoughts as well.

o:

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 09-18-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-15-2008   #2 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

Lol, I like FFTA because I could get Ritz 8D

... And the part where I could put this place here and not there ;3

I <3 KUDA

09-15-2008   #3 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Oh yeah. That was another thing. A2's locations are fixed. It was kind of neat in FFTA to try different combinations of locations for the best treasure.

Iunno, to me, it seems like A2 tried to fix too many things that didnt need fixing .__.

Added one that came to me just now too.

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 09-15-2008 at 05:46 PM.

09-15-2008   #4 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough

Lol, I hated the bazaar! One of the reasons I had such weak EQs late game D;

I <3 KUDA

09-15-2008   #5 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

I hate the bazaar too. My EQs aren't weak( well too weak), but the most irritating part for me was being able to get equips for Master Monk out of the bazaar early game way before I even knew what a Master Monk was, but I couldn't get more than 2 different bows for the longest dang time.

09-15-2008   #6 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

FFTA ftw. I'm playing it again on my Emulator. :3 I say they're both great games in the FF line.

09-15-2008   #7 (permalink)
Rie
Vera Benedictio
Games
La TaleEmil Chronicle OnlinePangyaRagnarok Online
Awards Event Winner

Rie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to behold

i choose FFTA :s i liked gettin babus and ritz

09-15-2008   #8 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Lol, I also liked Cid 8D But he was so hard to get D;

I <3 KUDA

09-15-2008   #9 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

I am displeased. This should be FFT VS FFTA VS FFTA 2.

09-15-2008   #10 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Nah lol. Cid wasnt hard. Just clear the 300 quests and then theres a string of quests that pop up in the pub. I got him on both of my files on my cartridge lol e_e

Both are great games, its just like I said, A2 seemed to try and fix too many things that didnt need any fixing. Bazaar is a major thing for sure .___. Easily the most irritating.

モノノ怪

09-15-2008   #11 (permalink)
oh wow
Special

DemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enoughDemiGodDanzig will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to DemiGodDanzig
IGN: Danzig
Class: College
Guild: Debaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
if it was,i would have so much to say right now

09-15-2008   #12 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Lol, same, but it's not 8D

Too bad I get Cid and I have nothing to do after I get him!

I <3 KUDA

09-15-2008   #13 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Yeah, that sucked about FFTA. You can get Cid, oh yeah. There just won't be anything left to do after you get him. Unless you enjoy running around hoping for random fights and skirmishes after you've beaten the game.

09-15-2008   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Quote:

FFT > (FFTA + FFTA2)

Hell yeah i'm a fanboy

09-15-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsPangyaTrickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Nanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Nanayat
Guild: RedEclipse/World's End

Uhh, lets see
FFTA2
Negative:
Bad accuracy, ive missed a guy 9 times in a row with 99%
Bazaar is bad, not much more to add it just sucks .-.
Storyline i think was worse then the 1st
Main quest was too short
BERSERKER: Ewwy just look at it .-.
Bonga Bugle:I wanna murder them

Positive:
More missions to do
All the new classes
The game, is harder in general
Nice side storylines
Khamja was actually pretty fun to fight, not challenging, but fun
Max level isnt 50 >_>
I actually like this law system better, even though i just break it most of the time, Its not all like, rawr, you cant use attack, you cant use fire things blah blah blah, and totally restrict you so you get sent to jail if you do do it >_>
Clan Thingies: I liked the way how you could chose something to boost you up

Thats all i can think of now anyways =/

09-15-2008   #16 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Quote:
If I recall, FFT was on the playstation. Im ONLY talking about the two games on HANDHELDS. i.e. the Advance series.

I thought of a couple more things I'll add to my list lol.. gonna finish eating first

モノノ怪

09-15-2008   #17 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

No one will kill FFT on my watch!

FFT War Of The Lions was released on the PSP which means it's on the PORTABLE/HANDHELD too =D.

09-15-2008   #18 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Lol, you're such a dork 8D

I like Marche, because he had an awesome sword 8D Oh, and no hat >8D

I <3 KUDA

09-15-2008   #19 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Eww I finished eating and forgot the ones I was gonna add .-. I know I had atleast 2 more.

EDIT: zz remembered one.

Quote:
No one will kill FFT on my watch!

FFT War Of The Lions was released on the PSP which means it's on the PORTABLE/HANDHELD too =D.
Thread is about the Advance series only. End of discussion. If you want to compare them, make your own thread. The FFT comments are growing quite tiresome, take it elsewhere, I dont want it here. The thread title is quite clear.

モノノ怪

09-15-2008   #20 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games

I was also pissed at the Dragoon's jump accuracy nerf. I'm the kind who likes a highly accurate skill even if it's not way powerful.