09-16-2008   #41 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

I don't blame you, I completely forgot about those too ._____.

*goes to try out cannoneer*

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-16-2008   #42 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

I preferred it when Ezel and Babus were playable characters.

09-17-2008   #43 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

I seriously cant believe I forgot about the Morpher. I was really pissed when I was looking through A2's Nu Mou classes and found out they took out Morphers. Wth!? Morphers had the potential to be a true force to be reckoned with. I wasted countless hours on mine, especially when it came to the rarer monsters that only showed in a few missions, such as the Thunder Drake. The Hunter's Capture never went higher than 14-15% success rate (You had to lower their HP to near death in order to get the highest percentage), so really, catching monsters for my Morpher was a pain in the ass, I could easily spend 30-40min just debuffing, weakening and trying to catch a monster. And then maxing out the monster's stats for best results? I cant even count how much Gil I put into that, especially for Malboros, since they responded best to Curealls, which were sold in only one town and fairly expensive in the bulk I needed. But my Morpher was a monster! While most monsters were maxed out, the most destructive of them were the drakes and flans. You wouldnt think maxing those flans was worth anything, but dear god my Morpher Flan could deal some insane damage. Hell, he was a one man army.

And now I dont get to re-experience the time and effort I put into my Morpher D< Capturing doesnt even exist either. Really, WTH. All that time, man, all that time -_-

モノノ怪

09-18-2008   #44 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodVeil

Law system is still epically ghey zz. You didnt like going to jail Ken? That was easy to get around. I always left them there to clear the violation cards. And if I needed to fight 2-3 battles to get them back, Clan Dip was almost always wandering around the map lmao. I want my gd anti-law cards back .-.
laws were easy to get around in FFTA too but sometimes i forgot about them and you have to go through so many windows just to view the laws of the day but in FFTA2 the law is always on the screen for u to see and it doesnt really matter if u break it, since its not hard to complete a mission without reviving

oh and to the people who have yet to try cannoneers: u should try use a melee shot with stacked cannoneer buffs 8D (extra attack, extra accuracy, double shot, AoE shot) crazy damage ^_^

09-18-2008   #45 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Lulz FFTA was much too easy, i could finish pretty much any boss fight solo with just any of my characters solo. (i only had about 6 characters, maybe 3 extra for side job/missions). 999 x 2 with Dual wep > 999 Combo? lulz?

Ever since my DS broke, i havent boughten a single game so i havent tried FFTA2 yet. As for FFT, i found that game really difficult at times because your enemy stays similar level and do quite a lot of damage... and the "If you dont revive your player in 3 turns they are gone forever" rule didnt fit to well with me... Cloud suxord too lulz

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

09-18-2008   #46 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
laws were easy to get around in FFTA too but sometimes i forgot about them and you have to go through so many windows just to view the laws of the day

lol... dude.. they let you see the current laws of the day for an area before you even get there. Either I moved around til the laws changed to something that didnt bother me or... GASP ANTI-LAW CARDS. Lol Kens a noob 8D And FYI, you go through more windows in the shop just comparing gear to what you currently got on.

Atleast FFTA doesnt give me bullshit laws like.. forbidding you from having less than 100 HP or something. What if I get ganged during enemy turn? Then bam, no more reviving or clan bonus. Wth. No thanks, I'd rather have a law system that continued to let me revive even if I DID break the law, and had nifty little items to completely NULLIFY laws I didnt want. Changing that got rid of Judge Points and the comboing system D; Veil r raging.

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 09-18-2008 at 10:48 AM.

09-18-2008   #47 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
laws were easy to get around in FFTA too but sometimes i forgot about them and you have to go through so many windows just to view the laws of the day
So many windows? I just pressed L on the map for the laws to appear in FFTA.

09-18-2008   #48 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
Class: Sith Assassin lt_sorcerer
Guild: Omega Matrix
Xfire: d4rthsid

Only played FFTA and because I didn't exactly love it, I never touched FFTA2.
Granted, a lot of the game has many good elements but there is ONE thing that totally turned away from the game after a lot of repeated frustration.
That element was the acquisition of key items from and for other quests. Because there was a certain limit/capacity on the number of items you can hold and the fact that certain items that you might get at a certain point but don't need for several quests down but can only be acquired once or twice made the game rather difficult to complete. I simply didn't like having to start over, maybe take hours/days to get to where I had gotten to, to get a little bit further to get stuck again just because I didn't have the GD item I need for the next quest because I had disposed of it moments earlier.

I am more like some people who love FFT. That game is a classic, but of course if you have played it then you would already know that.

09-18-2008   #49 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanayat
Uhh, lets see
FFTA2
Negative:
Bad accuracy, ive missed a guy 9 times in a row with 99%
Bazaar is bad, not much more to add it just sucks .-.
Storyline i think was worse then the 1st
Main quest was too short
BERSERKER: Ewwy just look at it .-.
Bonga Bugle:I wanna murder them

Positive:
More missions to do
All the new classes
The game, is harder in general
Nice side storylines
Khamja was actually pretty fun to fight, not challenging, but fun
Max level isnt 50 >_>
I actually like this law system better, even though i just break it most of the time, Its not all like, rawr, you cant use attack, you cant use fire things blah blah blah, and totally restrict you so you get sent to jail if you do do it >_>
Clan Thingies: I liked the way how you could chose something to boost you up

Thats all i can think of now anyways =/
Rofl me too. There was a quest for the Lanista job or w/e, and it let me kill him. I was so happy 8D

But anyway, i haven't played played any of the other tactics game besides A2 so I can't compare.
I like it, I'm just irritated that when I actually try to not break the law I break it on the last turn as well as missing with like 95%+ (haven't missed with 99%...yet)
I wasn't too happy about how I get randomly jumped by pissed clans cause I beat them in the lolauctions
Oh yeah, stupid bazaar, gimmeh doublecast NAO.

Uh, can't think of anything else, maybe the classes? Some are stupid, but I do like the majority of them. (<3 my parivir and seer)
Hmm, the bazaar didn't gimme magick frenzy either T_T geez...

09-18-2008   #50 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRayne
Only played FFTA and because I didn't exactly love it, I never touched FFTA2.
Granted, a lot of the game has many good elements but there is ONE thing that totally turned away from the game after a lot of repeated frustration.
That element was the acquisition of key items from and for other quests. Because there was a certain limit/capacity on the number of items you can hold and the fact that certain items that you might get at a certain point but don't need for several quests down but can only be acquired once or twice made the game rather difficult to complete. I simply didn't like having to start over, maybe take hours/days to get to where I had gotten to, to get a little bit further to get stuck again just because I didn't have the GD item I need for the next quest because I had disposed of it moments earlier.

I am more like some people who love FFT. That game is a classic, but of course if you have played it then you would already know that.
Thats why you dump items you get a lot, like Leestones, or those trophies you get from the repeatable tournies. I personally didnt have a problem with this because I tossed items I knew I could get again with ease, and kept ones I wasnt sure about.

Remembered some other stuff .__. *Adds to list*

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 09-18-2008 at 12:22 PM.

09-18-2008   #51 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Oh yeah, I HATE how the level ups work in this one. I preferred it when you could get the exp IN the battle, not after it.

09-18-2008   #52 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismas
Oh yeah, I HATE how the level ups work in this one. I preferred it when you could get the exp IN the battle, not after it.
I totally agree with this. In FFTA, if a battle is going bad, a couple of your characters leveling up in battle can actually help quite a bit. But A2 doesn't let that happen. ;o;

09-18-2008   #53 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Oh, and the fact they only let you level once per battle. I know in FFTA, if the battle dragged on long enough, you could gain multiple levels ._. Especially if you were working with a weaker nab too.

モノノ怪

09-18-2008   #54 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Yeah. I remember training my noob characters (like level 4 soldiers and thieves that had been rotting in my clan) in battles I could drag on. I got a thief from like level 4 to level 10 in a single battle once.

Time Mage: *Stops enemy*
Noob Thief: *Steals crap*
Me: I'M RICH. 8D

09-18-2008   #55 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

I should be like, in my Lv. 90s but it's the crippling levelling system that makes me cry. ;_;

09-18-2008   #56 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

The exp system of like...60 exp per mission is annoying and at best you can get a bit more with mvpness but that's not really much :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacan
Yeah. I remember training my noob characters (like level 4 soldiers and thieves that had been rotting in my clan) in battles I could drag on. I got a thief from like level 4 to level 10 in a single battle once.

Time Mage: *Stops enemy*
Noob Thief: *Steals crap*
Me: I'M RICH. 8D
Too bad there's not really much to steal now except loot...and they force you to do it practically.

I went with a Red mage/summoner viera and a time mage/thief moogle just so I could do x magic->self tranq->sleep->stop->strip em clean. I also tranq my thieves when the enemy is immune to both sleep and stop because it raises their accuracy which apparently ups their success rate of stealing

09-18-2008   #57 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future

lol i remember when i used to play FFTA, i had characters that i recruited near the beginning of the game that i hadn't touched until the end of the game, i leveled them up so easily by having them attack/heal my other characters that were like 30 levels higher 8DD

i dont like FFTA2's leveling system either but... i managed to get my whole clan to lvl 90+ :x
xD look at my accomplishment lol

09-19-2008   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Sandor is on a distinguished road
Class: Sandor lt_warlord

all my humes are parvivirs (except adel who is part heritor, >_>)

Sequencer and peytral easier to power up, but feel nerfed

Assassins accuracy nerf, but now I've detached from them, haha

Auctions broke my game

I liked it when the 7th heaven and the Exaclibur2(fallen angel sword) were actually unique; glad they didn't do that to peytral, sequencer, and several Heritor items

gonna try for an auctionless run, but ...

EDIT: Kenzor, try final mission Tourney

once and Always a member of Synergy

Last edited by Sandor; 09-19-2008 at 01:58 AM.

09-20-2008   #59 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloSol
EDIT: Kenzor, try final mission Tourney
i have, and i completed it :/

09-23-2008   #60 (permalink)
wat?
Games
Anarchy OnlineAionAtlantica OnlineFinal Fantasy XIV
Awards Facebook Fan

DarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura aboutDarkRayne has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to DarkRayne
Class: Sith Assassin lt_sorcerer
Guild: Omega Matrix
Xfire: d4rthsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodVeil
Thats why you dump items you get a lot, like Leestones, or those trophies you get from the repeatable tournies. I personally didnt have a problem with this because I tossed items I knew I could get again with ease, and kept ones I wasnt sure about.

Remembered some other stuff .__. *Adds to list*
Thanks for pointing out the obvious? I think I understand the gameplay mechanic well enough to understand that.
But when you get an item for the first time, you of course aren't sure whether or not to keep it which leads to getting rid of certain items I come to find I need later without knowing it was an actual rarer item.
This of course is not a game you can complete with your first try, but I'm pretty sure that I've restarted the game more than 10 times where it simply dulls the game when you repeat the same process, stages, fights, etc numerous times.
Of course I haven't touched the game in idk how long 5 years or so? I really only played it a few months from the release date.

I'm curious as to what you don't like about the original Tactics.