LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-15-2008   #21 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

First few times I tried to use jump after unlocking the Dragoon job was like 'Woah the damage is pretty high for it not being a back attack..... but why is my accuracy 3x-4x% .__________.'

Thats another thing. Im not going to add it to my list because I like it and at the same time I dont, but the unlocking jobs thing.... Kinda good, but some jobs are a just annoying to unlock. Like... more tedious than anything.

モノノ怪

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-15-2008   #22 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

Lol, I used 1st Jobs mostly 8D I hate this skill learning thing... Just hate it D8<

I <3 KUDA

09-15-2008   #23 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

The unlocking of jobs is just tedious and time consuming more than challenging or what not. And my god getting the heritor skills was annoying with mastering only one at a time especially when I had dual weild

I think I still prefer the original FFT over the advances...but I think FFTA was slightly better than FFTA2 but even then I prefer the...quite a lot of other tactics rpg over FF Tactics.

09-15-2008   #24 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

For some reason, I like skill learning, but it gets boring after a while. And also, learning skills to job change, but I don't use the character because the job it needs to learn skills on has horrible stat growth so I don't want it to level as I'm trying to get it to master those skills.

At least Humes get Dual Wield.

Weird thing though. During my training, I discovered that one of my Humes had the High Magick skill set even though I didn't unlock the job.

Last edited by Noctis; 09-15-2008 at 08:51 PM.

09-15-2008   #25 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough

Lol, I wish they'd make less races! D8< Too many people to worry about skills this and skills that, and then you get a weapon that has a skill for a class you never heard of and you go, "OMG WTF BBQ *****!" Then I'm like, "ZOMG! How2getflyingstripperlady?!?!?!?!" Then I never got either of the 2 new classes in FFTA2 until post-game...

I <3 KUDA

09-15-2008   #26 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis
Weird thing though. During my training, I discovered that one of my Humes had the High Magick skill set even though I didn't unlock the job.
-ara and -aga spells are considered High Magick. I was training my blue/black/white mage to be a Seer, and since Id already learned the higher level spells, when he job changed to Seer, he already had some of those spells and didnt need to equip a tome for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khmer2k1d5
Then I'm like, "ZOMG! How2getflyingstripperlady?!?!?!?!" Then I never got either of the 2 new classes in FFTA2 until post-game...

I lol'd.

And dude wtf lmao!? I got my first Gria at like.. lv16. And first Seeq even before that, but theyre ugly and I dont use them :/ You can get a Gria pretty much soon after first riding the airship .-.

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 09-15-2008 at 09:12 PM.

09-15-2008   #27 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Seeq are the most hideous class ever. And I thought Bangaa were ugly.

But Gria are awesome. Ability to go wherever there is a spot you can stand on.

09-15-2008   #28 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

But Bangaa have useful classes ._. Seeq is... meh. Ranger is about the only thing worth using, but setting traps is only so fun. The other 3... well, I got better shit to use, lets say lol.

モノノ怪

09-16-2008   #29 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

My view on FFTA2's pros:
# New jobs
# New places
# Made the calender/time/day expandable
# Slightly better animation
# Clan privileges
# More "secret" characters
# Gria

CONS:
# WTF HAPPENED TO ALL THOSE REACTIONS? THEY NERFED COUNTER AND THE OTHER ONES
# Seeq? Do not want.
# I thought the moves in the jobs in FFTA were kinda balanced, but they removed most of the moves I liked
# Seer/Magick Frenzy is broken
# Is it me, or are the sprites smaller than FFTA?
# Thank God AR was built in my CycloDS, because those laws are dumb as hell. I think the FFTA law system was much better.
# Why do I have to go to the first options, then press B, and then Status to go to Status in battle? It was much easier in FFTA.
# Has anyone noticed how good the important characters look in their portraits? And how damn bad the generic characters look? All the portraits were the same style in FFTA.

09-16-2008   #30 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, how many of you buy your gear from the NPC shops? I'm a klepto whenever I see a game with a thief class, and steal equipment from enemies instead. To be honest, that's how you get some of the best gear early on in most RPGs. Late game is always about stealing the best gear anyways. Who plays this game without stealing? D:

09-16-2008   #31 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough

I... cheated, so I all the stuff through AR. Some interesting things came out from it though, there are weapons that look like grenades that weren't used in the game. Also, they have no names and no class can use them, apart from a Ninja using Throw.

09-16-2008   #32 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodVeil
But Bangaa have useful classes ._. Seeq is... meh. Ranger is about the only thing worth using, but setting traps is only so fun. The other 3... well, I got better shit to use, lets say lol.
Mirror items is hax with item lore. 400 solid damage with 99% accuracy using a x potion. And I suppose mirror down is like a 40-70% chance of instant ko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorpalBunny
Honestly, how many of you buy your gear from the NPC shops? I'm a klepto whenever I see a game with a thief class, and steal equipment from enemies instead. To be honest, that's how you get some of the best gear early on in most RPGs. Late game is always about stealing the best gear anyways. Who plays this game without stealing? D:
Speaking of stealing equips, we can only steal accessories now which just sucks with the way they made the shop. But there was some way to get decent gear when the enemy used a ninja->item throw, the equips they throw were dependent on your levels or something. Oh wait apparently the Seeq did have a move that had a chance of stealing armor...but only armor and it's a random side effect though...so meh.

09-16-2008   #33 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

FFTA2

Pros:
  • lots of jobs/classes
  • cool skill animations
  • a challenge after you've completed the game (brightmoon tor and the final mission) and some other challenging missions
  • i like the new law system, i dont have to worry about my characters going to jail anymore 8DDD lool
  • much faster gameplay
  • auction system is abusable for hax items
  • better character portraits
  • you can still complete all 300 missions even if u did something with items u may have needed
  • dispatch system is better
  • lolabuse illusionist/seer for fast killing
  • cannoneer class is
  • bangaas rock even more
  • bangaas rock even more
  • bangaas rock even more
  • clan privilege
  • bard class
  • bonga bugle lol

cons:
  • TOO MUCH RECYCLED ANIMATION >_> (more recycling than FFTA)
  • there are some hacker enemies like the nu mous with blood price support ability
  • a lot of the "special" characters like vaan and panelo are weak compared to normal recruitables -_-
  • Seeqs suck, and ranger class + item lore + mirror item is broken >.>
  • blue mages cant cast white wind or angel whisper on themselves anymore
  • main character has a gay choice of clothing
  • cant revive if law is broken :/
  • no more combo system (the jp attack thing from FFTA)
  • the main story is TOOOOOO short and the plot kinda sucked too
  • thief class has been nerfed ALOT -_-
  • heritor job sucks even though it takes so much time and effort to unlock the job/skills

thats all i can think of x.x

09-16-2008   #34 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Ah yeah, the lack of combos and how you start off with 0MP are definitely big cons.

09-16-2008   #35 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
FFTA2

Pros:
  • lots of jobs/classes
  • cool skill animations
  • a challenge after you've completed the game (brightmoon tor and the final mission) and some other challenging missions
  • i like the new law system, i dont have to worry about my characters going to jail anymore 8DDD lool
  • much faster gameplay
  • auction system is abusable for hax items
  • better character portraits
  • you can still complete all 300 missions even if u did something with items u may have needed
  • dispatch system is better
  • lolabuse illusionist/seer for fast killing
  • cannoneer class is
  • bangaas rock even more
  • bangaas rock even more
  • bangaas rock even more
  • clan privilege
  • bard class
  • bonga bugle lol
The final mission was a pain on the 2nd to last one...tonberry kings did 999 damage to my chars and they had speed hax >__> The ultima bunch wasn't as hard as they were.

Canoneers are good? o.O
Hate that bonga bugle guy
Seer is abused too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
cons:
  • TOO MUCH RECYCLED ANIMATION >_> (more recycling than FFTA)
  • there are some hacker enemies like the nu mous with blood price support ability
  • a lot of the "special" characters like vaan and panelo are weak compared to normal recruitables -_-
  • Seeqs suck, and ranger class + item lore + mirror item is broken >.>
  • blue mages cant cast white wind or angel whisper on themselves anymore
  • main character has a gay choice of clothing
  • cant revive if law is broken :/
  • no more combo system (the jp attack thing from FFTA)
  • the main story is TOOOOOO short and the plot kinda sucked too
  • thief class has been nerfed ALOT -_-
  • heritor job sucks even though it takes so much time and effort to unlock the job/skills

thats all i can think of x.x
Agree with all of that there except the heritor sucking. It does have higher move than normal which is useful. Sucks for leveling up with though, bad stat growth.

09-16-2008   #36 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Oh yeah, I remember when you used someone else as the leader, the speech would be different. In FFTA2, it's the same!

09-16-2008   #37 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin
Canoneers are good? o.O
YES. I love my Cannoneer to hell. Heal from a distance and deal heavy damage from a distance too? *Sets up right in the middle of the enemy and Mortars them all* Pew pew 8]

Trickster is actually pretty awesome too.. and Master Monk e-e I dont even have to use my Trickster/MasterMonk's card skills half the time because the card throw themselves end up taking like anywhere from a third to half of the enemies HP. And its ranged :B The skills just make him that much more of a nuisance. And Holy Strike can deal some pretty insane damage sometimes too .-.

And Seers lol. Yeah, pretty broken, but fun. And dont forget Parivirs. Duel Weild both plx.

Law system is still epically ghey zz. You didnt like going to jail Ken? That was easy to get around. I always left them there to clear the violation cards. And if I needed to fight 2-3 battles to get them back, Clan Dip was almost always wandering around the map lmao. I want my gd anti-law cards back .-.

モノノ怪

09-16-2008   #38 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Canoneers were my favorite class 8D

I <3 KUDA

09-16-2008   #39 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodVeil
YES. I love my Cannoneer to hell. Heal from a distance and deal heavy damage from a distance too? *Sets up right in the middle of the enemy and Mortars them all* Pew pew 8]

Trickster is actually pretty awesome too.. and Master Monk e-e I dont even have to use my Trickster/MasterMonk's card skills half the time because the card throw themselves end up taking like anywhere from a third to half of the enemies HP. And its ranged :B The skills just make him that much more of a nuisance. And Holy Strike can deal some pretty insane damage sometimes too .-.

And Seers lol. Yeah, pretty broken, but fun. And dont forget Parivirs. Duel Weild both plx.

Law system is still epically ghey zz. You didnt like going to jail Ken? That was easy to get around. I always left them there to clear the violation cards. And if I needed to fight 2-3 battles to get them back, Clan Dip was almost always wandering around the map lmao. I want my gd anti-law cards back .-.
Cannoneers were the only one I didn't try I mostly used trickster too since due to the ****** bazaar I mug as the last hit for more loot >_>

Parvir/Seer w/dual weild and use magic frenzy on a group was hax.

09-16-2008   #40 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Cannoneer was like.. the first new Bangaa one I tried lol e-e "Homg huge cannons! Support and offense?? Must try"

I added a couple more ._. I forgot about the JP/combo system til it got mentioned rofl. Havent played FFTA in a while.

モノノ怪