Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-07-2011   #21 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

That's because the console isn't done yet? If the console was finished, they probably would have bragged about it as well, but seeing as it is being released in 2012, I'm guessing it is still in development.

I see this as Nintendo finally releasing their PS3/360 rival console, with the graphics to compete and the controller to surpass.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-07-2011   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
La TaleLuna OnlineLegend of EddaIris Online

PompousKristina will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to PompousKristina
IGN: KristinaAims
Class: Gunslinger lt_gunslinger
Level: Lv. 90
Guild: RentaTale

As long as it has an Achievement/Trophy-like system and a better game library, then I'll be getting it.

LaTale Username: KristinaOwns,
Legend of Edda Username: kristinanardone, Dragonica SEA Username: knardone,
Now playing: LaTale, Dragonica SEA, Lucent Heart, and Legend of Edda

06-07-2011   #23 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Does indeed sound Unique (hohoho). I don't think the controller is that bad of an idea, but I see it costing an arm and a leg for separate controllers.

And at ^...

No.

06-07-2011   #24 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

Timely and funny, considering knockoff Wii remotes were branded as Wu. The knockoffs now have to decide whether they will be called Wu U or Wuu.

06-07-2011   #25 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Techer | Force | Bouncer | Fighter 75 lu_eir

Hm, not sure what to make of this, the controller doesn't look appealing to me.

Still. I want a closer look at the games lineup.

06-07-2011   #26 (permalink)
Light's Pet
A little RUSTy.
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMapleStoryLuniaDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

Genji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud ofGenji has much to be proud of

I really wonder the capabilities of this controller.

It would be absolutely amazing to play the new Zelda upstairs while the console is downstairs!

Plus, this new controller is waaaaaay better than the wiimote, I think. I'd rather play controller Zelda over movement Zelda any day.

06-07-2011   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

More interested in the games lineup than the consoles itself.

Though I'm interested in what the devs will do with this controller.

06-07-2011   #28 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

Wii DS, kind of, in some games. Wonder if there could be a way to turn that controller into a GBA SP, I mean with a flip, buttons and sticks bellow and flipping screen on top, but that would make it very weird to handle >_> would look more weird also.

06-07-2011   #29 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

Pikmin Is Coming to the Wii U

06-08-2011   #30 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaku
In a wide-ranging interview with Kotaku regarding the new Wii U console, one of Nintendo's chief game designers, Katsuya Eguchi, confirmed that the system's proprietary disc format will hold 25 Gigabytes of data. That squares with our own reporting from before E3 and puts Nintendo in a good place to run games that fill up a single-layer 25GB Blu-Ray disc, the format used by current console king of large game discs, the PlayStation 3.

Eguchi declined to comment on our report, from the same people who told us about the 25GB, that the system's internal flash memory is 8GB. Earlier today, a Nintendo rep explained that the new console will support external USB drives, for added storage capacity.
Wii U Discs Will Be 25GB In Size

Nintendo's version of Blu-Ray.

06-08-2011   #31 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Well since Sony and Microsoft said for people not to expect a new system announcement anytime soon, I think this is a good job on Nintendo's part for getting ahead of the competition instead of releasing about the same time as the other 2 guys.

I would love to get this system, the graphics from that Zelda movie/clip thing was AWESOME it looked like it was on par with some of the Final Fantasy graphics.

Though the downside to all this amazing stuff....is the price... I seriously doubt I'll be able to afford it, or even want it for that matter if it's more than $300...

06-08-2011   #32 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

06-08-2011   #33 (permalink)
wants your bucket

Pharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to allPharoe is a name known to all
IGN: Pharoe
Class: Cannon lt_guardian
Level: 100
Guild: Moogles

F-zero wii U, please.

06-08-2011   #34 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Honestly, in my opinion the controller needs work. I don't feel like playing console games with a netbook-sized controller. It's big, it's awkward, and I honestly think it's a step in the wrong direction. The touchscreen is a nice touch, but I feel like they could implement it in such a way that doesn't make such a huge leap from the shape of a traditional controller.

The touchscreen is nice, but the image used to display it in-use is a poor choice, I think. If it's just going to be used for shit like inventory windows and maps, then just put that shit into the UI in-game and give me a controller that looks like a controller. The concept of a touchscreen is very nice, however, especially considering the fact that they could likely actually TREAT the controllers as a sort of hard drive space, allowing you to store maybe... like, warioware style games, or music in there. If that were the case, hell, I'd be fine using this big bulky shit to play my Legend of Zelda.

06-08-2011   #35 (permalink)
Impenetrable Vanguard
Games
La TaleElsword
Awards Twitter Fan

Zuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to beholdZuro is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Zuro
IGN: Zuro
Class: Blader lt_blader
Level: 19x
Guild: Baguette

Nintendo must have really loved this movie

Spoiler!

LaTale - Zuro - 19x Strider: Kunaisen - 1xx Ruin Walker: Zeruna - 1xx Dragoon

06-08-2011   #36 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

I think it'd be a great console for first/third person Gundam piloting games....

06-08-2011   #37 (permalink)
ヨンム・カークス
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAion

Kirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond reputeKirks has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Gladiyeytor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
Am I the only one that isn't amazed by this?
You're not alone.

-Lt.Commander Yonem Kirks, African Zeon Remnants

06-09-2011   #38 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin
Honestly, in my opinion the controller needs work. I don't feel like playing console games with a netbook-sized controller. It's big, it's awkward, and I honestly think it's a step in the wrong direction. The touchscreen is a nice touch, but I feel like they could implement it in such a way that doesn't make such a huge leap from the shape of a traditional controller.

The touchscreen is nice, but the image used to display it in-use is a poor choice, I think. If it's just going to be used for shit like inventory windows and maps, then just put that shit into the UI in-game and give me a controller that looks like a controller. The concept of a touchscreen is very nice, however, especially considering the fact that they could likely actually TREAT the controllers as a sort of hard drive space, allowing you to store maybe... like, warioware style games, or music in there. If that were the case, hell, I'd be fine using this big bulky shit to play my Legend of Zelda.
I don't know how you felt about the Wii-mote, but Wii-mote will definitely be available for people uncomfortable with the Wii U controller, and probably for those games with just an inventory or map on it.

06-09-2011   #39 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardMost Valuable StaffStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dib
I don't know how you felt about the Wii-mote, but Wii-mote will definitely be available for people uncomfortable with the Wii U controller, and probably for those games with just an inventory or map on it.
Oh I know the Wii U is backwards compatible with all the old Wii hardware (and likely with Gamecube controllers too, if I remember right) but the fact is, I (and most people I know) would rather get used to the controller designed to go with the system. The fact that the controller looks like a touchscreen clipboard is a bit off-putting. I love the idea, I just would like them to try again at the execution.

06-09-2011   #40 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

The Wii U is not going to be compatible with the Gamecube controller from what I've heard.

And it has to be that big. One of the features they were touting at E3 was the ability to play games on the controller while someone's using the TV for something else. So it's gotta be a pretty sizable screen for that. I suppose. Apparently, what I've read is that it's surprisingly comfortable and light. Although from what I've seen of where the trigger buttons are relative to the shoulder buttons, I'd like to see how comfortable it'll be playing an FPS-type game.

Edit: Apparently the controller will not be sold separately. You can only use one Wii U controller per system. Multiplayer on one system will require other controllers like classic controller etc.

Last edited by Noctis; 06-10-2011 at 07:14 PM.