MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-05-2011   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #61 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

I swear to Odin RK's server hates me.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-05-2011   #62 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0SH2
HNNNNNNNNNGH How to farm souls. Shits Dark Souls all over again. only at mythril stuff so far :/
Gotta get dem wings and DAT GUNGNIR.

Anyway i just joined the hamachi as DatsBootleg

This is how.

12-05-2011   #63 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

Not sure I understand what's going on in that vid but god those noises were annoying.

12-05-2011   #64 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

I don't understand what that video has to do with "abusing hellstone".

12-05-2011   #65 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

The Twins normally do about 50-70 damage per hit, and the max defense you can have in the game is roughly 80. This means you'll take at least 10 damage from their weakest attacks. They also have a damaging DoT too.

So I placed a Hellstone. It deals 20 damage on contact unless you have an obsidian item to negate it. We hooked on the Hellstone to negate the knockback effect of being hit, and since our defense was well over 40, we only took 1 damage per tick. Since you have some invincibility after being hit, we can't be hit by the boss, as the instant the invincibility wears off, we are hit by the Hellstone again for a measly 1 damage. Far more preferable than the boss hits, even if we're constantly taking it. We have the luxury of just shooting at nearly still bosses too. We added a ring of regen and cross necklace to slow the health deterioration. Philosopher stones were safety nets, and Star Cloaks for free DPS since we're always being hit anyway.

12-05-2011   #66 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
The Twins normally do about 50-70 damage per hit, and the max defense you can have in the game is roughly 80. This means you'll take at least 10 damage from their weakest attacks. They also have a damaging DoT too.

So I placed a Hellstone. It deals 20 damage on contact unless you have an obsidian item to negate it. We hooked on the Hellstone to negate the knockback effect of being hit, and since our defense was well over 40, we only took 1 damage per tick. Since you have some invincibility after being hit, we can't be hit by the boss, as the instant the invincibility wears off, we are hit by the Hellstone again for a measly 1 damage. Far more preferable than the boss hits, even if we're constantly taking it. We have the luxury of just shooting at nearly still bosses too. We added a ring of regen and cross necklace to slow the health deterioration. Philosopher stones were safety nets, and Star Cloaks for free DPS since we're always being hit anyway.
freaking hackers.

12-05-2011   #67 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

hey im in that video o.o

12-08-2011   #68 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Coming December 15 roughly according to: Terraria 1.1.1 Preview! It's a Winter Wonderland! | Terraria Online

12-08-2011   #69 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

SNOW.

I WANT SNOW.

Also Harpoon + eater of worlds = why was I worried? O_o

12-10-2011   #70 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

I'm still confused as to what the dryad wants us to do. Does she want us to make everything Hallow? Or make everything normal? Cause I still feel as if normal is a nicer place. Why would you want a Hallow world where you get impaled left and right? X_x

12-11-2011   #71 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
I'm still confused as to what the dryad wants us to do. Does she want us to make everything Hallow? Or make everything normal? Cause I still feel as if normal is a nicer place. Why would you want a Hallow world where you get impaled left and right? X_x
I think she's trolling us bro.

12-13-2011   #72 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

RK is your server up right now? I seem to fail at trying to join it.

12-13-2011   #73 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

It is now.

12-13-2011   #74 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Well, my internet and steam hate me. Trying to get on, but :/

Anyway, anyone want a jungle rose? I have a couple spares from my jungle garden shitting them out.

edit:
Where's the house, anyway?

Last edited by Mitchi; 12-13-2011 at 12:07 PM.

12-14-2011   #75 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

GUYS GUYS GUYS. Friend gifted me. I've been glued to this shit for over a week. Screw Corruptors and Chaos Elementals :C y u no reave me arone?

All I really have left to aim for at this immediate moment are wings and Hallowed gear... I've been holding back on the bosses because I've been playing this with the friend that bought it for me... but she's busy so I may just go ahead and try what will probably be extremely painful solos. I've been looking up on various strategies, but iunno :C I've already seen the Hellstone thing versus The Twins (Someone posted it on Reddit o no ), I might give that a shot.

Also, is that a snowman gang... ಠ_ಠ

モノノ怪

12-14-2011   #76 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryxios
GUYS GUYS GUYS. Friend gifted me. I've been glued to this shit for over a week. Screw Corruptors and Chaos Elementals :C y u no reave me arone?

All I really have left to aim for at this immediate moment are wings and Hallowed gear... I've been holding back on the bosses because I've been playing this with the friend that bought it for me... but she's busy so I may just go ahead and try what will probably be extremely painful solos. I've been looking up on various strategies, but iunno :C I've already seen the Hellstone thing versus The Twins (Someone posted it on Reddit o no ), I might give that a shot.

Also, is that a snowman gang... ಠ_ಠ
With a strong enough Bow, Eye of Cthulu is pretty easy, and a harpoon makes Eater of worlds laughable. Skeletron is still kinda hard to solo though.

12-14-2011   #77 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
With a strong enough Bow, Eye of Cthulu is pretty easy, and a harpoon makes Eater of worlds laughable. Skeletron is still kinda hard to solo though.
I think he's talking about the hard version bosses.

Destroyer is the easiest, just build some platforms and kill the orbs for health. You still need to be somewhat prepared though, have the 400 health and the best stuff you can get without boss drops.

Skeletron Prime is next, have platforms again. Pretty much impossible to melee, you gotta use ranged. Avoid the spinning head, chainsaw, and claws at all cost. Just be constantly moving and try not to get hit.

And then twins. Ranged again. Either make a really long platform and get a lot of movespeed and just run along it while shooting, or abuse the hellstone. You can try multi-platforms, but I think it's just too much of a pain. You can still be hit by touch damage if the eye goes over you, so make sure you get the accessories that help if you're hellstoning. Crystal bullets, and kill the melee eye ASAP.

12-14-2011   #78 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
I think he's talking about the hard version bosses.
My mistake, I forgot they existed :P

12-14-2011   #79 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

YES, after hardmode, etc etc. I farmed Eater for money for a little bit since he's the quickest to take down and gives more Demonite than Cthulhu, pre-WoF bosses are nothing lol. Skeletron isn't really that difficult, unless you do no preparation whatsoever and have to fight in a hilly area. Wall of Flesh honestly isn't too hard either, as long as you pay attention to what you're doing. I prepped up on a lot of different types of potions ahead of time and didn't even need it all. Just really water walking+grav, ironskin and maybe regen, depending on your gear.

Yeah I have full Adamantite gear right now, and have been working to improve weapons and accessories, depending on what I'm going to need immediately. Trying to get souls but ugh, drop rate is annoying right now. It's equally annoying trying to cross my jungle biome, because apparently it spawned high enough in the world for wyvern to spawn, so half the time I'm trying to run through, it spawns and harasses me. **** man, I just want to get across the damn jungle, leave me alone |:< I need more light/night souls before I can craft wings anyway, so wyvern is more a hindrance at the moment since I don't need flight souls.

I've seen a good strategy to use with Skeletron Prime is to use Hunter potions to light up its arms and make them easier to see/dodge.

Edit; Never mind, I'm dense. I forgot you can get souls from anything killed in the specific Underground biomes, regardless if it spawned there or not. I can just summon Eater repeatedly underground and farm souls easily, DERP DERP. That only works for Soul of Night though I: Guess I should use Cthulhu for Soul of Light.

Edit2: Apparently it doesn't work for Cthulhu. I'm sad now. Oh well, got my wings.

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 12-14-2011 at 08:31 PM.

12-15-2011   #80 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Quote:
Terraria 1.1.1 is now live! Here are the changes:

Bug Fixes / Performance
● Reduced the amount of RAM needed to run Terraria.
● Added an option to turn backgrounds off.
● Improved the automatic game quality adjuster.
● Lighting update won’t skip as much on lower quality levels.
● Items dropped on death for hardcore and mediumcore characters will retain their conditions.
● Space Gun now has a value.
● Water Bolt can now have conditions.
● Diving Helmet now works correctly.
● Walls now correctly show behind Glass Blocks.
● You can now untie bound NPC’s with Autopause enabled.
● Mediumcore and hardcore players will drop their cursor item on death.
● Coins held on the cursor will correctly be dropped on death.
● Dryad’s Corruption and Hallow status numbers are correct.
● Wyverns are less common and will be less likely to spawn near the ground.
● Mana Flower's price has been increased.
● Fixed the shadow glitch of trippy lighting.
● Music Boxes no longer dupe when placed on platforms.
● Fixed an issue that caused stacked coins to go missing from chests during multiplayer.
● Cursed Torch item now emits light in water.
● Harpoon can now be reforged.
● Lighting will now be set to Retro instead of crashing if Terraria is unable to switch to the new lighting mode.
● Keybindings will no longer sometimes be set to "None" automatically.
● Bombs thrown by clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
● Crystal Shards now give off light in retro and white color mode.
● Hallowed Armor only has graphical effects with the helmet.
● Players now have hair under their hats.
● Statues no longer turn into Armor Statues when they are smashed from the top.
● Clowns only throw bombs when their target is alive.

Items
● Added Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Green Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Snow Blocks.
● Added Snow Bricks & Walls.
● Added Red, Green, and Blue Lights.
● Added Presents that are dropped by monsters during the holiday season.
● Added Snow Globe.
● Added Santa’s Outfit.

NPC’s
● Added Snowman Gangsta.
● Added Mister Stabby.
● Added Snow Balla.
● Added Santa Claus.

World
● Snow biomes will always be created during world gen during the holiday season. There is a 1 in 3 chance for snow biomes to be created during world gen during the rest of the year.

Enjoy!
Link

The wyvern thing alone made me happy, hopefully it doesn't dive bomb me every time I go through the surface jungle now.

Any monster will drop presents, even in worlds made prior to this update. Presents have a chance to drop a Snow Globe, which summons the Frost Legion (the snowmen). They can be summoned anywhere, I don't believe you have to be in a snow biome for it. Couldn't tell you, I've gone through a lot of presents and have no globe to show for it, just a ton of candy cane blocks. After defeating the Frost Legion, Santa should move into your house, provided you have a spot for him. He sells the pieces to the Santa outfit for 15 gold each and different lights for 5 silver. And of course you can mine snow from new worlds and take it back to already existing ones. I think it takes like 25~ blocks of snow to start to see the snow effect.

Edit; Forgot to mention, presents aren't stackable, even if you have multiple of the same colour. That's kind of annoying, but meh.

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 12-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.