Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-09-2011   #41 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
It's not. It's definitely LotRO, but I think it's a slightly older version as they have updated the UI slightly and made the mini map radar circle thing brighter now.

Video was in February of 2011.
The 2nd image is WoW. It's a Blood Elf Paladin (I think?). You can tell it's WoW because of the skill icons, and unless LotRO ripped those as well, which it did not as I have played it, I'm afraid to say you're mistaken.

Of course that was all entirely off-topic. I can't really recommend any games to you, as you seem to have had an incredibly negative experience with LoL and that's all I'm playing. I personally find that convicing a friend to go on a game hunt with you opens much more options, but you have to have a willing friend to do so.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-10-2011   #42 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

If you're still interested in Spiral Knights, here are some very useful tips about Energy: Spiral Knights - Energy and You!

Basically, you start off a bit slow if you don't spend cash, but after a few days or so you should start progressing far enough to make enough Crown (In-game currency), which you can use to purchase Crystal Energy (Cash energy) from other players.

If you use that ''CE'' wisely, you can make an insane amount of profits and will be able to play the game for much longer than you normally would be able to. I know I for one am making large profits in in-game and cash energy amounts as I continue to play.

Though, with how the market works in the game it's incredibly easy to monopolize it.

04-10-2011   #43 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Krem
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

A few suggestions:

- Battle of the Immortals - a ton of things to do daily, can become a bit boring during the 60-70 levels but it gets better afterwards....

- Latale pserver - virgin server kept safe from the fixes(rapes) OGP pulls.

- offline games (if you have a ps2 .hack// series would make you cream your pants) - no *******s to piss you off nor gaming companies who continuously break games thinking they're doing what's right and end up spinning into a bottomless pit.

Last edited by Krem; 04-10-2011 at 03:47 AM.

04-10-2011   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
A few suggestions:

- Battle of the Immortals - a ton of things to do daily, can become a bit boring during the 60-70 levels but it gets better afterwards....

- offline games (if you have a ps2 .hack// series would make you cream your pants) - no *******s to piss you off nor gaming companies who continuously break games thinking they're doing what's right and end up spinning into a bottomless pit.
far as i could tell, there are none. there was one in development but i don't think it ever finished.

04-10-2011   #45 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolu
A few suggestions:

Three letters.
D-L-C.
ahueahueahueahueahuea.

04-10-2011   #46 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Krem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant futureKrem has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Krem
IGN: Kremet
Class: Seleana lt_sorcerer
Level: 70
Guild: KuroNeko
Xfire: riolu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Three letters.
D-L-C.
ahueahueahueahueahuea.
DLC rhymes with piracy

04-10-2011   #47 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Games
La Tale

Cinnamon will become famous soon enoughCinnamon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Shuuko
Class: Duelist lt_gunslinger
Level: 193
Guild: Aisuru

Well reading from the thread, it seems that you who started the topics hates F2P games anyways.

Because of the economy imbalances, and all that stuff, that's the whole point of "Free" MMOs.

Companies need money to maintain their servers, and as of all money, they want to maximize profits. The best way is to implement a cash shop system that gives an "edge" to paying players. It really just seems that you are pained and frustrated by the eventual consequence that the game will produce, power to those who have money.

I totally can understand your thoughts on that. However, if you take into consideration multiple Pay to play MMOs, you can actually find a bargain and play quite freely.

For example, Monster Hunter 3 I believe is on sale for around 15 USD.

04-11-2011   #48 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

No matter what you say, I don't believe you have to make your game worse to make -enough- money. They're just doing it to make -more- money, which I don't agree with at all. Then again, I'm not their target audience and people like me are a minority nowadays. Most North American players actually LIKE the "pay-to-win" unbalanced cash chaos crap in their games, but whatever.

It's not that I'm against P2P MMOs, like I said I'm a huge fan of FFXI, I just can't play them right now since I'm a poor college student and I still need a 3DS and all.

Anyway, Metal Assault sure hit the spot. It was closed beta but somehow I was able to play it for awhile. They took it down today to prepare for open beta (and of course, now the unbalanced cash shop crap will be coming in) but I had a ton of fun playing it! I'll still play it of course, and I'm looking forward to the additional modes and content that's coming.

Metal Assault is basically Metal Slug online, if you can imagine how Metal Slug would work as an MMO, this game is it. Somehow it also worked like a 2D FPS Call of Duty as well, LOL, with a really fun zombies mode as well. I enjoyed it.

04-11-2011   #49 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

***Capitalism***
in all its glorious splendors.

04-11-2011   #50 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
***Capitalism***
in all its glorious splendors.

F2P MMOs with cash shops that give advantages should be expected. Now, a big advantage is bad. A small advantage is good. It helps to have all the buyable cash shop items also tradable/buyable via in game cash, since it gives everyone a chance to get the edge, albeit the ones not paying with real cash will obviously have a bit more trouble getting it.

04-11-2011   #51 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife

F2P MMOs with cash shops that give advantages should be expected. Now, a big advantage is bad. A small advantage is good. It helps to have all the buyable cash shop items also tradable/buyable via in game cash, since it gives everyone a chance to get the edge, albeit the ones not paying with real cash will obviously have a bit more trouble getting it.
Just the picture I was looking for.
I knew I could depend on you for something.

04-11-2011   #52 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Quote:
Cash shop items usually make players of even skill levels change the matchup from 50:50 chance to like 20:80. Sure you still have a chance to out mind game them and out skill them and win, but you won't be able to do it on a consistent basis.

And it also changes matchups from total nubs that you would beat 90:10 to more like 40:60. And that, my friends, is bull crap.

I had a debate about this with another person in Lost Saga, she specifically stated "Those who don't have the skill to win can win by paying money is perfectly okay." I don't agree with that all. Skill should equal everything. Money should only be for making your character look like a princess and not affect your chances of winning at all. Why should I have to lose to someone who's willing to drop $50 on a free game when I have way more skill than them? It sucks bawls, man.

But like I said, I'm a minority now.

04-11-2011   #53 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:
F2P MMOs with cash shops that give advantages should be expected. Now, a big advantage is bad. A small advantage is good.
Quote:
Cash shop items usually make players of even skill levels change the matchup from 50:50 chance to like 20:80. Sure you still have a chance to out mind game them and out skill them and win, but you won't be able to do it on a consistent basis.

And it also changes matchups from total nubs that you would beat 90:10 to more like 40:60. And that, my friends, is bull crap.
And that's called a big advantage. Which is bad. But those odds are absurd, I've never played a F2P with odds THAT stacked for cash shop users. Maybe Trickster or something had that, but I've never really played it. Most of the time, odds get stacked to 65-35 / 70-30. The good ones have a slight advantage for 55-45 / 60-40, which is much more manageable. And the ones that allow you to trade the advantages, almost even it out, if only because the free players will have to take time to work up the money to buy those advantages with in-game cash.

Also, if you're looking for 100% skill based games, 99% of the MMOs out there are not for you. They all will have equipment or something to improve odds and such. Looking into fighters or something would be a better bet.

04-12-2011   #54 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
I still need a 3DS and all.
This is a lie. Go drink some Bleach or something.

04-12-2011   #55 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Quote:
Maybe Trickster or something had that, but I've never really played it.
... You said "Trickster" and I feel like commenting.

Trickster does carry err... "Decent" cash shop items, but it's optinal. (I remember a few players never spent a penny and take advantage of events/offers... Err yea.) They have thse "boss uniques", equipment that are suppose to be more powerful than MyShop if you treat them right. (Again take advantage of events that reward you Pts/Useful cash items.) But if you want a game that requires skill... Obviously TO is not for you. Even if you found a Unique, you probably need some Cash Items to spice these babies up.

Not a opnion or suggestion... Just something that my conscious told me to toss in. (And because I played TO since 07, and around 08 and beyound I started using Cash Items to make my character a little more confy (Hooray Art. Flames!)...)

Also, I have to agree with RoflKnife with everything else. :|

04-12-2011   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

PringleHeroZ will become famous soon enoughPringleHeroZ will become famous soon enough

Man forget all that try that Persona Mmorpg.