Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-10-2008   #1 (permalink)
Cid
ggFTW Moogler

Cid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to behold
Default Nhl 09

"Reviews
NHL 09 is simply too big, too adventurous, too pretty, and too danged consuming to be considered anything other than the best hockey videogame ever produced." - 1up.com
NHL 09 Review

After gaining numerous awards on last years NHL 08, this year EA has done it again with NHL 09 out doing themselves and improving in every aspect. NHL 09 is the deepest hockey game ever to be produced with the addition of their new "Be a Pro Mode" where you can become a hockey player prospect, get drafted and work your way up though the minor league to the NHL.

Anyone else here getting it today or already has it? I am so excited to just pick it up and play it because I have to wait so long for the hockey season to start. I have always been a 2k hockey guy until this year. I played the demo of both 2k9 and NHL 09 and was blown away by NHL 09 by how the game felt, and it felt good!
So I'm mostly looking forward to the "Be a Pro Mode" and the online leagues where you can have 6 players vs 6 players online! It is just so deep this year to pass by.
I'm just waiting for my brother to come home so we can head to EB and buy it.
(so I can abuse his discount )

So I'll ask again...who here already has it or is excited to get it today?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
Cid
ggFTW Moogler

Cid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to beholdCid is a splendid one to behold

Don't tell me I'm the only hockey fan on these forums.
Even my brother who doesn't like hockey played this game and thought it was good!

09-10-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

I haven't played 09 yet, but I have played pretty much all of the other ones. So yeah, I'll be getting this eventually.

I'm not a huge hockey video game fan, but I am a huge fan for the real thing. I go to a bunch of games every year. Wasn't able to go last year, for several reasons, but I do plan on going to many games this year.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

09-10-2008   #4 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Ah my beloved EA. Repackaging and releasing the same game every year must save alot on production costs.

....I still end up buying it ~_~

09-10-2008   #5 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBstraCt
Ah my beloved EA. Repackaging and releasing the same game every year must save alot on production costs.

....I still end up buying it ~_~
Good thing I'm not a fan of their sports games...Otherwise I'd be buying a new one each year just for update rosters and graphics and the like...

09-10-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Sport games aren't my thing really, I mean when you've played one you've played pretty much all the hockey games.