Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-03-2011   #1 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro
Default Minecraft

Spoiler!

Have you played it? If not, read on :3

Minecraft is a very fun and addicting game. I have friends who at first said "it looks boring and stupid," they try it and play for hours. And want to keep playing.

Now, there's a classic version (web, free) and a beta version (client, paid, about 20 USD but so worth it).

The classic version you only get a choice of blocks, ranging from stone, to sand, to colored wool. You can do multiplayer, and create servers, but whenever I played it tended to lag a lot(not sure if it was just me..) I haven't played the classic version in months, so things might have changed.

In the beta, single player, its fun for awhile, mainly when you're first starting out. You unlock a world with so much to do. You can have a peaceful mode, where you can build and mine all day with no problems, or, you can have a challenge and enable the survival mode. In survival mode, your health doesn't regenerate, and things can hurt you. Where the armor, weapons and food are actually needed.

In the beta, multiplayer. Pretty much what you can do in single player, but of course, with people. In order to play multiplayer, you need to create a server, join a server, or purchase one from various, but mostly trusted, renters. Prices for these range from 20-30$ a month, so it would be easier to just find one to join.

'
In the world of Minecraft, you start out in a random part of the world, and its giant. You'll come across a few animals(cows, chickens, squids, and pigs), and also the mobs.
Cows drop leather(cheap-o armor), chickens drop feathers(arrows) and sometimes eggs, pigs drop pork/ham(food, duh) squids drop ink that can be used as a dye for black wool.
The mobs are quite annoying sometimes. There's zombies that just follow and hit you at close range, they die in the light, are active in caves. Skeletons(bones) that shoot you with arrows, also die in the light. Spiders (string) that can climb up anything (not cacti, and remember always have a roof on your house(s)), they can be anywhere, day or night. And the well known creepers. The famous "Sssss," warning you that they're near. Get too close and they'll explode. Out during day or night.

Mining
Finding a good cave is hard :[ never dig straight down, you usually dig down to the very bottom or fall into lava. Never dig straight up either, you can dig into lava or water.

You can mine a bunch of stuff, ranging from stuff to make good armor, to stuff for amazing tools, then coal to smelt or make torches, best and easiest light source. Good caves also lead to dungeons. Peaceful mode has pig spawners, survival usually zombies but can have spiders and skeletons. Dungeons have boxes with random stuff(string, gunpowder for tnt, saddles to ride pigs, random food).

What else can you do...

You can build massive buildings, castles, houses, even tree houses, whatever you want. Ive seen a giant ufo (atleast 1000x1000).

You can farm, you can craft tons of things, you can even fish.

Interested yet? D:

Update from last year brought us the netherworld. Pretty much Hell. I haven't played with it too much(Lags a lot). There's lava underneath floating islands, new stones, and two(?) more mobs. There's a ghost (sounds so annoying) and a pigman. They don't do much.. Are like zombies.

That's about all I can add now :3 if you aren't interested after this wall of nonsense, try it out =D

Minecraft

If you're interested, or already play, come and join this thread. I want to hear what others think of this game, and what you like doing, lets get more people interested so it can have its own section~ ( yeah right D: )

Last edited by Jessica; 04-17-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-03-2011   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I... wouldn't call it an MMO. It's just another game with a multiplayer aspect. And Beta's MP is still hella buggy. It'd probably be better to have it in the game section, imo.

But meh. Have a video:

03-03-2011   #3 (permalink)
Feeling nostalgic, huh?
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaAuditionzOMG!
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Gaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond reputeGaap has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Gaap
IGN: Makina
Class: Multi-Character to_boxer
Level: Pro D
Guild: Magika

Agree with Buta. If this were to become a MMO, the company better host a mega-server for EVERYONE to go in and interact... Which I get the image of "laggy".

I'm just annoyed of pure Minecrafters rant about people's creations/efforts. Yes I have been there at college and I just have to run away from them. Sorry that i'm not a pure fan because I have no time to built things by scrach.

But cows that is one amazing Laputa MC tribute.

03-03-2011   #4 (permalink)
gah lol
Special
Games
MabinogiDragon NestTrickster Online

AnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really niceAnnabelleMarie is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to AnnabelleMarie
IGN: Annabelle/AnnabelleMarie

i love minecrack
i can play it for hrs...

/ggftw minecraft server? yes please!

My Steam ID - My Facebook
3DS Friend Code: 2020-0049-4799
Animal Crossing New Leaf - Aerielly, Town Totoro

03-04-2011   #5 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute

@Buta, yeah, after I posted I found the game discussion section and thought it should be moved to there. If any mods could move it, please do, and thanks :3

A main server for everyone would be nice, but they would need mods to protect people from destroying houses, and of course, stealing. My server that I have has an option to have up to 1000 people, but the lag of over 20 people would just kill us lol. Currently have it set to five and only time it lagged was when I set a huge forest on fire by accident <_< Ive been to other servers with about 40 players and could barely move ;_;

A server for ggftw would be awesome 8D i could maybe get one running if we get more people interested. :3

03-04-2011   #6 (permalink)
案山子
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseLa TaleMapleStory

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Virus
IGN: Takkuri
Class: Cyber Hunter to_lion
Level: 27x
Guild: Style

Jessica, give me that code! Give it and nobody gets hurt...

03-04-2011   #7 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

The server I played on shut down today because of a lack of active members. So I've just been playing single player because I can't find any decent vanilla servers.

FOREVER ALONE. Q_Q

03-04-2011   #8 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

I've been playing the classic(free) version with a friend. You can chat.

Minecraft is pretty fun. I'm looking into buying it.

03-04-2011   #9 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

I'd definitely be interested in a ggftw Minecraft server. It'd be really fun to see your reactions when I set everything on fireplay such a great game with you all.

03-04-2011   #10 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games

;-; but I want to hold a contest for the code.

@ SodaCan, I know what you mean. Back when I first started playing on peoples servers, my friend got me into playing on one, they closed down without warning and have yet to open up. >: I was friends with most of the people there and now they're all lost, lol.
I was never able to find the perfect server again so I just got my own ;o

03-04-2011   #11 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

03-04-2011   #12 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

Why would you call this stuff an MMO? What the heck.

It's more like a big... online... lego... playground... thing.

03-04-2011   #13 (permalink)
案山子
Games

Virus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant futureVirus has a brilliant future

The funny thing about Minecraft is that the more impressive the creation the sadder it is as the same time that someone spent so much time making such an impressive thing on the internet.

I'll watch videos with -awesome- stuff and I'm like, ''Wow!'', then I just shake my head and say, ''How sad...''
I want to play too...

03-04-2011   #14 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

This isn't an MMO. It's a multiplayer...sandbox game. Minecraft is awesome. It's already fun just building crap, and there's tons of stuff planned for the feature. Best time sink ever.

03-04-2011   #15 (permalink)
案山子
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Best time sink ever.
I thought Spelunky was at first, but then I beat it.

03-04-2011   #16 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

=I

So anyone got a multiplayer server up?

I love MineCraft and I missed the free refer a friend thing last Christmas (Or was it two Christmas ago?).

03-05-2011   #17 (permalink)
The Hand of Madness
Special
Games
Iris OnlineLa TaleMegaten

Sharpe has a spectacular aura aboutSharpe has a spectacular aura aboutSharpe has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Sharpe / RileyAshton
Class: Minstrel / Rune Walker lt_bard
Level: 18x / 15x
Guild: Pulse / Esper

You beta users must agree with me on this: Bed update~! <3

03-05-2011   #18 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Minecrack.

Or...

Mienkrauf.

This is Kyuubey

03-05-2011   #19 (permalink)
wot
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutROHAN: Blood FeudWonderKing Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerLooterPervert Award

Shanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond repute
Level: butts

Just chopping down trees with my hands.

03-05-2011   #20 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

All I'll say is this...

And yes that is my normal skin. I found it enjoyable working on my streams server we play on. Got a massive tower with water and lava falls as well as a giant Valentines sign and heart on it for the girl I like. Guy on same server built a dragon out of cobblestone on his own all by eye as well, might take some screens of them later.

Last edited by Metty; 03-05-2011 at 07:47 AM.