Games
Blade & SoulDragon NestDragon SagaDungeon Fighter Online

Byuu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Byuu Send a message via Skype™ to Byuu
IGN: Byuu
Class: Lots lt_guardian
Level: 20-30
Guild: Hurricane

I saw this game few months ago looked supar awesome but then i learned it was P2P and i cired like a little schoolgirl

BYUU BYUU!~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-15-2009   #42 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

P2P OH NOES!
Seriously, $/£/€/<random currency symbol>8-10 a month isn't that bad or hard to pay for, most people who play their coveted F2P games spend more then that in their precious cash shops a month. Or stop eat less fast food for the money as kids change is not that hard to get.
Lets see what you get for that money.
Permanent characters as there's no such thing as server wipes/crashes that destroy characters, game doesn't move publishers.
Great graphics.
Game with more replayability.
God knows how much more content.
Proper GM staffing.

05-17-2009   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Enyc is on a distinguished road

I will be playing this game when it comes out for US...I know alot of people who tried the China Aion with the english patches and said it is defiantly a good good for pvp and the p2p system works by the hour not the month. So if you want to buy 300 hrs ok you pay for those hours and when you log off the time is stopped so its good if you go to work or school and aren't losing on those dead time. But I will for sure play this when it comes to US. Oh and SC2 and D3 but those still don't have a annoucement date for the release =/

05-17-2009   #44 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyc
I will be playing this game when it comes out for US...I know alot of people who tried the China Aion with the english patches and said it is defiantly a good good for pvp and the p2p system works by the hour not the month. So if you want to buy 300 hrs ok you pay for those hours and when you log off the time is stopped so its good if you go to work or school and aren't losing on those dead time. But I will for sure play this when it comes to US. Oh and SC2 and D3 but those still don't have a annoucement date for the release =/
Wow. That's the first time I've seen that way of p2p. Smart, I guess. Especially if you can't play as often as other people.

05-17-2009   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Yea its good for people who play occasionally like after work or school and have less time to play but at a disadvantage for the hardcore gamers who play like 24/7.

05-17-2009   #46 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Indeed, it sounds like a good system for people with limited play time. Not sure if it's a wise move though, cause Aion looks more geared towards the hardcore gamer.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

05-17-2009   #47 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Nice payment system. Why couldn't more people use that type of system? Honestly.

05-17-2009   #48 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Nice payment system. Why couldn't more people use that type of system? Honestly.
Because this game probably has shit load of content and they can make just as much money by charging hours.

05-17-2009   #49 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

As well as China is set up so you lose 50-70% exp gain after so many hours till you log off for awhile.

05-19-2009   #50 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
AionAll Point Bulletin (APB)Asheron's CallAtlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

Theosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond reputeTheosis has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Theosis

The payment system might not be the same for North America when it's released. Companies change their payment systems depending on where the games are hosted and based on their audience. They want to make the most money possible.

Name Changes: Please check if usernames are available before requesting by typing this in your address bar:
http://ggftw.com/forum/members/username_wanted_here.html
Steam Account - doobie15
Battle.net Account - Theosis#1417
Guild Wars 2 IGN - Theosis.8752

06-02-2009   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Anyone get into the beta this June 5th-7th? I just got my beta code from a gamestop today

06-04-2009   #52 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

mm came across this
classes

better viewed in HQ so ill give the regular link and you can check it from YT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8E2IFbwO3w

06-07-2009   #53 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Guild Wars 2Trickster OnlineAtlantica Online
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice
IGN: Boomsticky
Class: Guardian lt_guardian
Level: 80

mmk. I recorded some gameplay from Aion and stamped it on my yt account. I'm not done uploading everything, but almost. In the mean time, enjoy my sub-par videos >.<:

YouTube - Aion Online - Battle in the Forest

YouTube - Aion Online - Ascension

YouTube - Aion Online - First Flight

06-07-2009   #54 (permalink)
Out of Line

Spectre is on a distinguished road
IGN: CrimsonSpectre/L.Narumi
Class: Force Blader (Cabal)/Champion/Duke
Level: 8x (Cabal). 22x/260(TO)
Guild: God Of War (TO)

Besides being beautiful, and flight, what does this game have going for it that differs from other asian mmo's?

06-07-2009   #55 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

boomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really niceboomsticky is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruxshadows
Besides being beautiful, and flight, what does this game have going for it that differs from other asian mmo's?
Welp...so far:

- In-depth character creation. Similar to Perfect World I suppose, though I haven't played it. But since Aion is divided by faction rather than species, you can create whatever you feel like being, for example, a dwarf or an elf. Very flexible system.

- Music is amazing in quality and quantity (IMO). Each parts of an area has like 3-4 BGMs with 1-2 Battle themes to go with it. Repetitive listening is semi-low compared to other MMOs.

- Battle system is somewhat unique. Aion relies on a chain skill system that in order to use some skills, you need to combo it from a different skill. Kinda like Guild Wars' skill system if any have played it before. Another thing, I noticed that I can get all my skills, within restriction of class & level, with little cost due to a lack of skill points. I suppose the theory is how you chain your combos that works best for you. There's also this thing where if you move in certain directions while fighting, you get bonuses like extra evasion or offense, depending which direction you're running at. For example, attacking an enemy while strafing gives you some kind of evasion bonus. I find it a little hard to do while casting skills, but I assume it takes some practice.

- Has some WoW influence. No need to discuss about it.

- Balance grinding so far. Aion has made questing and grinding flexible with each other. I suppose it's similar to leveling in WoW, but I can't conclude on that. (has past WoW experiences, but limited)

Honestly, I think that the subtle features of Aion's battle system really keeps the game fresh. If I were to put it in simpler terms, it's like playing a fighting game or console platform games like Devil May Cry or God of War. If you're just attacking regularly and/or using 2-3 skills, you're not gonna get very far. Aion requires you to be active and innovative during battle.

But other than that and the super impressive environments (prettiest MMO I've ever played ), it looks and almost feels like some kind of generic MMO, but all it's subtle features really makes it all the fun. I liked to see this game as a suped-up F2P MMO, or maybe a bridge between F2P and P2P games.

Yeah, just a quick thought-up review. Dunno if I missed anything else worth mentioning lol. /goes back to AO

Side note: will be uploading more videos and later some screenshots.

Last edited by boomsticky; 06-07-2009 at 07:23 PM.

06-07-2009   #56 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
S4 LeagueTrickster OnlineProject BlackoutLeague of Legends

mzpeachie has disabled reputation
IGN: [ForeverCuTe]
Class: [Witch]
Level: [31x]
Guild: [Retribution°]

I am really considering on playing this game. It looks really amazing.

ACCOUNT WAS HACKED... So if you see any of my characters online, it's not me.

06-07-2009   #57 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

I agree with Boomsticky, the graphics are really amazing. Walking around in the beautify scenery and sporting wings and flying in the sky was awesome, no doubt.

But aside from the graphics, Aion wasn't that amazing. I only played these MMOs 2093842 times. The scenery was great, but only the first few times and not the 384 time that I had to run around that area for quests/levels.

Perhaps my expectations were just set too high but that's how I felt playing the game.

Oh, I got up to level 13 as a Scout/Ranger.

06-08-2009   #58 (permalink)
Squirtle Squirtle
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Here's my last batch of Aion stuff, enjoy
--

Image Gallery:
ImageShackİ - Gallery

Videos:

YouTube - Aion Online - How2Fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt16cMKaz0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oisaDmfFZV8

Last edited by boomsticky; 06-08-2009 at 10:46 AM.

06-08-2009   #59 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

/jelousy @_@

Boomy, I don't think it's wise to wear a shield that big on your back while flying.