Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-20-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road
Default Mythos

Has anyone here been able to get a beta key and willing to give a little review or their thoughts on it? I was hoping to get a beta key in maybe the only giveaway since the closed beta key registration shut down on their website, maybe April, maybe earlier?

I know it'll be about 1-2 months until open beta, but I'm thinking more. :/ It's tough developing a game with such a small team.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-30-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

This game deserves a bump. :3 Since I got my beta key today.

I hope that I could get some time to play tonight.

Edit.

I played a little this morning, it's fun. Actually a game I could get along with.

Oh, and I think I entered in two different key giveaways somehow... So I got an extra. If you guys would want one, just let me know. They only last five days. If I don't use it, it's gone.

Last edited by Kupo; 07-01-2008 at 01:07 PM.

07-02-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Last chance for a mythos beta key. :/ Or else I'll find someone else to have it.

07-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

DepthCharge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DepthCharge

can i have it? what are the system reqs. of mythos?

07-04-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

I'm sorry. :/ I already gave it away, and it would've been expired by now.

But here's some info on Mythos

Mythos

From Wiki.
Quote:
Mythos is a multiplayer computer role-playing game under development by Flagship Studios Seattle. The game is similar in style to the award winning Diablo series, utilizing a similar interface and perspective, extensive map and item randomization, and a high fantasy setting. Its development is led by Travis Baldree, creator of the action RPG FATE. The game started as an MMORPG intended to test the networking technology behind the multiplayer component of Flagship Studios' Hellgate: London, but has since grown into an independent game scheduled for a separate release. The game is currently in a closed beta testing stage, but is expected to advance into open beta in the coming months.

Mythos will not be sold in retail stores; it will be digitally distributed by Flagship Studios subsidiary Ping0 in North America and Europe. The game will be free to play and download, but optional in-game items will be available for online purchase to help finance the game.

Mythos shares the same core engine and technology that Hellgate: London uses. Features between the two games are often shared since they are so similar in technology.
MINIMUM
CPU: Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon XP
CPU Speed: 1GHz
RAM: 512MB
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 3 or ATI Radeon 8500
Video RAM: 128MB
HDD Space: 500MB

RECOMMENDED
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP
CPU Speed: 2GHz
RAM: 1GB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 6000 or ATI Radeon X800
Video RAM: 256MB
HDD Space: 500MB

It really feels like a mix of Diablo 2 and World of warcraft, but unique. There's going to be future updates that will make this game that will make it more community centered. I absolutely love it.

It's free to play forever, but there will be a cash shop in the future though. They're making it only convience items like guild/character homes, and cosmetic equipment/stat or skill point resets. No uber items/exp boosters. All in-game cash money is tradeable and most items.

Last edited by Kupo; 07-04-2008 at 06:29 PM.

07-18-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

It's sad to say, but with the owners firing all employees... they're shutting down at midnight.

Hopefully someone will step up and take over this wonderful game.

07-18-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Wtf?

That game looked promising

theyr just going to close the company down?

What the shit?

07-19-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Apparently, they had trouble paying the bills. The owners saved the ip's by firing all employees. (very illegal) They're going to release mythos somehow... Outsource their company, or just with no employees?

If they go bankrupt, there is a loan agreement that another company gets the rights to mythos and hellgate. I think the game might be better off managed by another company, for all I know they could hire some of the creative staff and programmers back.