Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Game Discussion

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-12-2011   #1 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38
Default PS3 games recommendations.

I need help with buying games for my ps3. I got it yesterday so I really have nothing right now. I'm looking for games that are either action or rpg that'll last me for a while.

Please do not mention Final Fantasy 13, I already have it.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-12-2011   #2 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

Halo: Black Ops.

I would suggest a lot of things off PSN rather than disc based. Try Pale Crescent Moon. I enjoyed playing it. (For PSN purchases make sure to gameshare!)

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

01-12-2011   #3 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

3D dot game heroes
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Bayonetta
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Demon's Souls
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Nier
Red Dead Redemption
Resonance of Fate
Uncharted 1 and 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanquish
Yakuza 3 (even with content removed from the US release it's still a big great game)

01-12-2011   #4 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Playstation 3 - /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki

Out of the PS3 games that I have played, I recommend Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls for your RPG criteria. The story for Valkyria Chronicles was kinda blah to me, but the gameplay is really fun.

I haven't played Nier or Resonance of Fate, but I heard both of them are pretty good.

For action, I guess try to get Uncharted 2 and Vanquish at a low price. They're really fun, but there's not much content imo.

If you like action with stealth, you can try Assassin's Creed 1 and 2.
Assasin's Creed 1 is a bit boring but still somewhat fun. The 2nd game is better, imo. If you like backstabbing people and jumping around like a monkey, then you should have some fun with them.
As for Metal Gear Solid 4, try it out if you had beaten MGS 1, 2 and 3. Personally, I think it's the worst one in the series due to LOLMOVIE, but I shed some manly tears while watching some cutscenes.

I've only played a little of Red Dead Redemption and Dead Rising 2, but they were pretty cool from what I've had played. So you can try them out if you want.

01-12-2011   #5 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

If you'd like an online "action", you could pick up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood over 1 and 2. You might miss some of the basic storyline, but it's honestly not hard to understand since there's a short "summary" of 2 at the beginning.
Multiplayer on it is REALLY fun if you enjoy stealth aspects in games over run-gun like Call of Duty.

Definitely adding onto Valkyria Chronicles for recommended RPG. It combines glory of guns and third-person shooting and strategy RPG, along with a beautiful artstyle. Haven't finished it myself (hi, lazyass), but it's really enjoyable.

I want to pick up on Resonance on Fate because I heard it was really good. Artstyles look great too. Story can't be bad.

Demon's Soul I played at my uncle's house. I'm a noob, so I find it masochistically hard and think it's something you really need to put time into, but that's just me. OTL
Real fun game though, lots of depth to it.

Uhh... there's Prototype for sandbox action, but I heard it gets boring real quick, not sure since I only played for like five minutes at my cousins'.

01-12-2011   #6 (permalink)
-
Special

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

Everything everyone has said.

Putting more must get into Demon's Souls. It's easier once you know what you're doing.

01-12-2011   #7 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

My friend really enjoyed the Hack-n-slash series of God Of War

you could give GoW 1 & 2 a try and just trade them in for GoW 3 later if you like it

01-12-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster OnlineGunZ

Doodlez will become famous soon enoughDoodlez will become famous soon enough
Class: DoodlerRen to_lion

What would you suggest for a beginner gamer >_<??

01-12-2011   #9 (permalink)
Belay that order!
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseTrickster OnlineMabinogi
Awards Event WinnerLucky StreakPervert Award

Veloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant futureVeloze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlez
Anything everyone above said.

01-12-2011   #10 (permalink)
-
Special

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlez
Demon's Souls.

01-13-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

ammm also
-dragon age
-GoW 3 (love hack n slash =) )
-just cause 2 (its like a GTA but the guy is really overpowered [4 a human] and u have like a whole island)
-prototype (as said above, its a sanbox, i really love it but...i dont think it justifies u 50 bucks, also there's a PC version available)
-mass FX series (1 and 2, 3 is going to be released in this year or next i think)

also i'd recomend u to buy first sandbox games (GTA or Dead redemption) since they hold lots of posibilities and more gametime than most other games and probablly u wont get bored that easily (u got like easy 20 hour time)

01-13-2011   #12 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Dragon Age for consoles would be worth it. I find it one of those games that you should play on PC if you can and not on your console. V:

01-13-2011   #13 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

cant believe no1 mentioned uncharted 1 and 2 O.O!

01-13-2011   #14 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Sackboy says hi.

01-13-2011   #15 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

When was Little Big Planet an action or RPG

01-13-2011   #16 (permalink)
I am a girl. =)
Special
Games
AuditionCounter-Strike OnlineGunboundHabbo Hotel
Awards MoM AwardTwitter Fan

Shugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond reputeShugi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Shugi Send a message via Skype™ to Shugi
IGN: Penor
Xfire: shugix

What category is Little Big Planet even? Casual? I personally find it very frustrating at times. lol

Steam: Shugi | Battle.net: Shugi#1454 | LoL.NA: xShugi | GW2: xShugi.3601

01-13-2011   #17 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicta™

Sackboy says hi.
She should wait for little big planet 2

there is a lot more you can do with the level creation tools so it's not just platforming

01-13-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online

Waffles has a spectacular aura aboutWaffles has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Waffles_01
Class: Rachel, Noel lt_explorer
Level: PSR:100-ish
Guild: SOSBrigade

Here are my personal recommendations:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Little Big Planet 2(once it's out)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
inFamous
Modnation Racers

There are so many great games for the PS3, but these are the ones I would recommend. Must haves are definitely:Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, Little Big Planet 2 and Valkyria Chronicles. Everything else is still awesome though.

Edit: AGH. Sorry didn't see you preferring action/RPGs. Well then. Here's my revised list:

Demon's Souls(RPG, really challenging, but rewarding)
Valkyria Chronicles(Japanese Strategy RPG, beautiful game with a really fun battle system)
inFamous(Action, open-world with an intriguing superhero story)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune(Action, Think Indiana Jones turned into a video game, gorgeous water effects, a bit on the short side though)
Uncharted 2:Among Thieves(Action, Sequal to the first Uncharted and it fixes everything that was wrong in first, gorgeous snow effects)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift(Guess you could call it "Action" but it's a Fighter, one of the best modern fighters)
Eternal Sonata(Japanese Action RPG, unfortunately I have not played the full game. Only the demo, but I've heard many good things about it)

Main: Rachel Alucard Sub: Noel Vemrillion

Last edited by Waffles; 01-13-2011 at 08:54 PM.

01-13-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

almost forgot

diablo III is a must get (when released)

and maybe (NOT RPG though) if u like battlefield bad company 2, CoD or halo just to have as shooter

01-13-2011   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

^

Diablo 3 is for PC.