Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-04-2008   #1 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold
Default Game Story Development [In Progress]

I've amassed a team to develop a game universe of its own. If you don't understand where I'm coming from; Think WoW or WAR - both games have its own world, quests, characters, lore, storyline etc.

I won't be revealing much at this point in time, except that the base of the story is more or less completed. Once the full story is up, the first genre set for it is RPG - with this story, I can create boardgames, TCGs, MMOs based off it.

Looks ambitious? I'm targeting to finish the whole story + the RPG game within my 3-year Game Development Diploma. The whole story including all the characters, their backgrounds whereas the RPG game consist of the game, expansions etc.

So here's the thing: Apart from my team, I would like to seek the public for suggestions pertaining to:

- The game world
- The characters
- City/town names
- Continents in the world
- Monsters

I'm opening this first-hand to all the friendly Mooglers here, so do suggest what I could/should add based on the abovementioned list.

When everything's done, I'll let MMOG (aside from my classmates) be the first to test the game publicly.

*Gogo visual novel team!
**I'm doing this for my portfolio

Last edited by Vindicta™; 09-04-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-06-2008   #2 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

You really should tell us what the story is before asking us to give you advice.

09-06-2008   #3 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumatora
You really should tell us what the story is before asking us to give you advice.
All right, here's a brief of it:

Quote:
*The following is an excerpt of the history/lore

In the beginning, the world was barren, a vast desert of darkness. There existed three beings, born from the pure energies of the land. Three siblings:
Morrigan, Morgana and Melody. The siblings, finding the world devoid of any life or colour, crafted rock, water, fire and breathed air onto it. They created
the fish of the sea, the beasts of the forests, the birds of the air and the scorpions of the desert, but still found something missing.

"There is no one like us," said Morgana, craftiest of the siblings. The siblings decided to craft beings similar to themselves, but each in a different
image. From Morrigan was born the humans, the most intelligent; and the Gnomes, the most hardworking. From Morgana came the Chukwa, the wisest; and the
Malevoyants, the most malicious. From Melody was born the Merfolk, the most alluring; and the Houryn, the most perfect.

The three siblings then split the world, which they named Areth, into three parts: the Greater Isles, the Lesser Continents and the Lower Depths.

All the creatures of the land saw the Houryn as the most beautiful beings ever made, and bowed down before them and Melody. In their arrogance, the Houryn
set out to conquer the world, first starting with the Greater Isles. As the Lesser Continents fell into their hands and Morgana saw that her children in the
Lower Depths were in trouble, she sent a plague upon the Houryn while her sister slept, and the Houryn fell apart. Morgana then kept the affected Houryn
away in the Swamplands, while the surviving ones quickly retreated. In a rage, Melody sealed her sister in a magical box called the Necrocube. The Houryn
distanced themselves from their tainted brethren, whom they named the Irin. The rest of the world saw the Irin as cannibalistic Felbogs, and kept away from
the Swamplands.

Many years passed: kings were crowned and kingdoms were formed. The humans and Houryn claimed most of the land, while the Chukwa and Merfolk claimed the
seas. The Gnomes went underground, and the Malevoyants completely dominated the Lower Depths. Morrigan breathed fire into the world, bringing to life the
Vulcans and the Dragons, the Giants and the Ifrit. Melody brought to Areth the Kinari, for fear that the Houryn would lack in allies in the future.

So the world was now set, and the two siblings, happy with their creation, went into hibernation, for they had spent most of their energy creating this new
life. The earth was left in the hands of their children, and new history would be made.

Timeline:

-Birth of Morrigan, Morgana and Melody
-Creation of Areth
-Splitting of the Continents
-War of the Houryn
-Morgana's Plague
-Alliance of the Land
-The Sealing of Morgana
-Magic is given to Areth
-Undersea Empire is formed
-Morrigan creates the Seven Laws of Magic
-The Conquest of Man (Gnomes are driven into hiding)
-Birth of Fire
-Birth of the Kinari
-The Irin's Revolt
-Morgana's Release
-The Founding of the Majin Imperium
-Alcaster Tymaeus writes the Seven Laws of Magic
-War of the Giants
-Battle for Grinhandom
-The Crowning of Demeter, Grinhandom's King
-Valemor is Founded (by Demeter's son, Dagen)

Felbogs/Fallen/Iryn
Inhabitants of the Swamplands, the Irin were once Houryn cursed by a terrible plague set upon by Morgana. They were outcasted by their own people, due to
the development of 'imperfections' caused by the plague. The Houryn's rejection of their brethren created a stereotype in the rest of the world, who called
the Irin Felbogs. Rumours spread about how the cannibalistic Felbogs were mindless monsters, though the Felbogs themselves possessed the intellect of Man and
Houryn alike. They would eventually rise against the brothers who banished them in an effort to release their mother, Morgana, from the Necrocube.

Houryn/Kami
Melody's 'perfect children', the Houryn are prideful beings who once held the world in awe. They were the first to draw blood and call war upon Areth, but
their efforts were destroyed by Morgana's Plague. They resent their Irin counerparts born from this plague, and this discrimination would result in Areth's
third great war. They are loosely allied with the Humans.

Humans
Witty and hardworking, the Humans are the creations of Morrigan, and were the first to receive the gift of Magic. This gift was later shared with the Houryn,
who are allies with Humans. Of the many races, the Humans would be the ones who would leave the largest marks in Areth's history, with their long lines of
kings and grand conquests. By the Eighth Century, the Humans would have already discovered the great kingdoms of Grinhandom, Valemor and Tryvezia.

Vulcans
The Vulcans are born from Fire, children of Morrigan. When the Humans came across them on a voyage to the Burning Plains, they
became instant allies. Shaped like werewolves, Vulcans are usually passive unless provoked. As brothers of Fire, they have the
ability to generate and manipulate flames at will. Their fur is also fireproof, and they can withstand heats of up to extreme
levels. They are natural enemies of the Ifrit.

Ifrit
Born of Morrigan, the Ifrit are fire-wielding spirits who loathe life and live to kill. They were sealed up by Morrigan, who
regretted creating them. Years later, a Houryn ship accidentally crashed into the frozen mountains the Ifrit were sealed in,
releasing them. Despite being brothers of Fire, the Ifrit despise the Vulcans greatly, partly due to the favouritism they feel
their father Morrigan had bestowed upon them.

Gnomes
Short, stocky people, the Gnomes are known for their hardworking nature and ability to sniff out diamonds. Gnomes are trained
from young to study the earth and its sediments, as well as the many ores and minerals of Areth. They once built beautiful and
majestic cities in the Lesser Continents, but due to the conquest of Man, they were driven underground. During the Irin
Revolt, they joined forces with the Felbogs, but later re-allied with the Humans and Houryn when their underground city in
Grimhandom was threatened by the Giants.

Eld'jonar the Burning Giant
King of the Giants, Eld'jonar is a vicious tyrant who rules with brute force and fear. Indignant that the Humans had stolen
his one and only ally, the Vulcans, Eld'jonar decided it would be better if the Giants went on the offensive. The sheer size
of the Giants (and the fact that both females and males were trained in battle) shook Areth. It took the Majin Imperium, the
Gnomes, Vulcans and the Undersea Empire to successfully bring down Eld'jonar and his Giant army.

Magog the Malevoyant King

Malevoyants
-Demonic beings

Kinari
-bird-people

Merfolk

Chukwa
-Turtle-men
What we're trying to do here is something out of the ordinary eg. Fantasy-looking story need not be focused so much on fantasy; it can be merged with Sci-Fi, Reality, Post-Apocalyptic?

Games these days have genres where their Fantasy story makes the game Fantasy, but here, we're trying to explore ways where Fantasy meets Sci-Fi/Reality/etc. That's how games go prominent: They are different from the conventional ones you've already seen. We're doing something 'different'.

Of course, I'm still exploring in these areas.

Last edited by Vindicta™; 09-06-2008 at 07:09 PM.

09-07-2008   #4 (permalink)
chocoberry's vampire

antonie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antonie
IGN: antonie
Class: priest to_wizard
Level: 17x(stopped)
Guild: Chocoberry

o.o''... so long can i help if possible?

09-08-2008   #5 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonie
o.o''... so long can i help if possible?
Feel free to help by adding on or editing the story.

*Minimal edits please (I am not writing the story, so try not to change too much)

09-09-2008   #6 (permalink)
SquidLuvr
Games
Habbo HotelRunescapeTrickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Pervert Award

MsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond reputeMsSquid has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Nondi
Class: Pusher to_sheep
Guild: Celeste

If you're gonna add Sci-Fi elements into this make them really subtle. Like in the game Siren everything was pretty much caused by an alien, but the creators did a really good job at masking it.

EDIT: WoW had aliens in it. I'm just saying.
EDIT: EDIT: For got about Okami.

Last edited by MsSquid; 09-09-2008 at 07:08 PM.