Lord of the Rings Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-28-2011   #81 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonflow
I'm scared of warewolves T_T
Don't be~

They're great with kids~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-28-2011   #82 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

My destruction spells cost nothing thanks to enchants~ If something detects me before I do a sneak attack I just kill it with fire.

11-29-2011   #83 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Well this is Day 2 of my being a Thief type and not only did I outlevel my week old Warrior by 7 (Thief is 25), I've also got 13k gold compared to his 1.1k without trying to farm every dungeon in sight.

My Warrior may have better gear (Flawless Glass), but with my shitty stolen Elven Superior Bow and a plethora of stolen Steel Arrows all I have to do is just use sneak and snipe targets down before they get to me with 3x damage.

Talk about favoritism.
However I'm now having fun with the game after making the switch; no more poverty

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

11-29-2011   #84 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

I actually feel archery is the weakest of the three. It's pretty good early game, but by mid and end...bleh. I don't think bows have sneak attack bonus items, while 1H and daggers have 2x sneak items, along with their higher 6x/15x perks.

Monies is never a problem in Bethesda RPGs huhuh, steal god damn EVERYTHING that's not bolted down, regardless of what build you go. feelsgoodman.

11-29-2011   #85 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games
La TaleVindictusShattered GalaxyRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

xdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to xdgr
IGN: xdgr
Class: dubbls lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Puella Magi

not really about damage, but versatility in situations.

that is, if you prefer chasing after dragons with a knife, then sure ..
I'm going to roll a mage since I'm so sick of getting zapped to death by lightning bolts, I shall return the favor twofold

11-29-2011   #86 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Someone make a decision for me:

Play and finish Oblivion or just go for Skyrim?

11-29-2011   #87 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdgr
not really about damage, but versatility in situations.

that is, if you prefer chasing after dragons with a knife, then sure ..
I'm going to roll a mage since I'm so sick of getting zapped to death by lightning bolts, I shall return the favor twofold
thing is, you can OHKO even dragons with a double dagger sneak power attack :l. the only hard part is getting above them, because most of the time you have to scale a mountain for that.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Someone make a decision for me:

Play and finish Oblivion or just go for Skyrim?
i think oblivion will last longer.

skyrim is like, a burst of awesome, then it dies down quickly because all the guild quest suck and everything in the game is easily killed by stagger or sneak attacks.

Last edited by mikecxz; 11-29-2011 at 01:30 PM.

11-29-2011   #88 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Magic has ranged covered when you can't melee something (And is the most versatile of the three as well!). Dragons? Dragonrend.

11-29-2011   #89 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games

xdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to beholdxdgr is a splendid one to behold

for someone who hasn't invested points and gear into magic, I think it's a little too late for me :C just feels clunky to have magic + melee at this point

11-29-2011   #90 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

It's never too late. Unless you're already 70. Be fabulous and do everything.

11-29-2011   #91 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Or if you're on a PC just use console to remove perks/add perks

11-29-2011   #92 (permalink)
aeiou
Special
Games

never !

I only use console to noclip past obstacles (like spike wall traps blocking the path) and fov, though on my second run I'll just abuse it ..

11-30-2011   #93 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Nanaya will become famous soon enough
IGN: Anruijin

Switched my type of play to just playing aesthetically after figuring out there's an armor cap, so I'm rolling in light armor over heavy for the better perks. Currently roaming around in the Nightingale set acting like Batman, also made it enchantable through a mod.

There's also a damage cap too I heard, so I split my enchants between Fortify One-Handed/Archery. Also decided to use Skyforge Steel Swords over Daedric ones because I'm not really into the whole Daedric look, nor did using a Blades katana really look that awesome to me.

12-01-2011   #94 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

The latest patch seems to have totally ****ed my mouse.
If I look down just a tad the camera is at my feet looking up in to the sky.
I've tried various fixes but nothing has worked yet

12-01-2011   #95 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Well. I lost my save file since it was on my SDD and I wiped it. 70+ hours down the drain, oh boy. On the plus side, I get to replay on steam now to catch the achievements I missed. Who knew that steam wouldn't acknowledge my achievements from when I played without it?

You'll have to look for a mod to fix that if solutions you've found online aren't working.

12-01-2011   #96 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Skyrim constantly crashes on me and it's gotten worse and worse as I progress into the game.
I'm even getting things such as textures not loading properly in situations when I pickpocket someones armor.

Though it sure feels like I'm on the end-game side of things now, and I've not even seen the Graybeards on the mountain I can't seem to climb.

Moving past level 48 is impossible after maxing most of what I wanted to work on, not 1 point put into light armor yet has kept me on my toes; plus my gold is so high I don't even feel like pickpocketing/stealing anything anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
I actually feel archery is the weakest of the three. It's pretty good early game, but by mid and end...bleh. I don't think bows have sneak attack bonus items, while 1H and daggers have 2x sneak items, along with their higher 6x/15x perks.
Truthfully it's not that great unless you have the sneak bonus + critical during your shot, however if you also have the 25% time slow then that's when the bow truly shines.

Prepare your arrow, zoom in and get a perfect shot off from a great distance then quickly reload and repeat. Very rarely does the target get close enough to detect you if you're doing it right.

Another edge with archery would be shooting an arrow to lure the enemy to an open location so you get a clear shot.

Like any ranged character drawback, if they get too close you're going to suck hard pretty quickly; but it's hard not to smile when you snipe some unlucky bastard off a bridge or tower.

12-01-2011   #97 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

I just got that infamous bug where a dragon appears to fly backwards...while having a seizure. Also, you can't approach it since it always flies away from you, backwards.

I tried to snipe it with magic, but then it just floated higher and higher, into space~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

12-01-2011   #98 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Archery does have it's uses with time and place. It's just that they're somewhat situational.

I think Skyrim is the most stable RPG Bethesda/Obsidian has ever put out actually. Aside from general silliness and stupidity due to the open world nature, I came upon very few minor glitches that didn't really affect gameplay, and one or two bugs that were big enough to annoy you, and just random instant-CTDs without messages every few hours of game time or so. Huge improvement over their last games, especially when compared to New Vegas. Always room for improvement of course.

12-01-2011   #99 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

The one bug that drove me up the wall would be with Vald's Debt.

I work on getting the damn thing cleared then I knock the bridge down and he just goes savage on my ass.
Losing him in the city I do my job in the house and he still goes apeshit on my ass.

After completing more thief story I found I couldn't fast move because of him being close.

Finally I lost my patience and put an arrow right between his eyes and drop his debt by his body.
Too much Mead flowing in his veins.
--
Currently dealing with a bug where I can't forge the number book because the quest marker thinks the thing is located on the stairs.

Not the first time that arrow has been where it shouldn't.

12-02-2011   #100 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Tone is on a distinguished road
IGN: uhhh...
Class: uh...
Level: who cares
Guild: uh...

Wonder what happens if I collect all of the dragon priests' masks.