LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-26-2011   #61 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

The game can be broke by mid and possibly early levels anyway. Blacksmith+Enchant+Alchemy for broken weapons. Either way, there's a good amount of things that make combat silly.

Any encounter you can't win can be solved by kiting. That is all.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-26-2011   #62 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisalotte
I'm stuck on the part where I do the Mage Guild and I have to get the books back.

Freaking Ice Mage and Fire Mage there are no problem. It's the Fire Spirit or whatever is what rapes me.

HALP.
if you have invisibility you could always just sneak past. if you dont want to do that, then get fire res potions and some magic res enchanted stuff?

11-26-2011   #63 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

I trained speech to 100 with that bugged elf in black-briar meadery. And banish enchantments make iron daggers cost 1000~1400 on merchants I made a lot of them already~

11-27-2011   #64 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
. Blacksmith+Enchant+Alchemy for broken weapons.

Indeed, just made my new toy.

I didn't even abuse it that much, could probably make a 500dmg weapon with a little effort.

11-27-2011   #65 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

I guess a new sport is born

Have to try that out one day. Looks fun.

11-27-2011   #66 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonflow
Indeed, just made my new toy.

I didn't even abuse it that much, could probably make a 500dmg weapon with a little effort.
The hell?
I'm using an Orc with level 75 smithing and I'm only at the "Flawless" rating.
The Glass battleaxe only does 71 damage with my perks all lined up so how did you manage that?

Plus that gold..
Level 50 I assume?

Been playing for a few days and I'm not even close to being good, this just blows me away.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

11-27-2011   #67 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future

I just enchanted some equips with fortify smithing, then used those to smith.
And used a few alchemy pots to boost the enchants to make one hand dmg enchants.
The dmg rating on weapons is the accumulated dmg from all of your equips.

As for money, pretty much just from thieves guild, pick pocking tons of rings and necklaces, and having a wife who gives me kick back from her shop.

11-27-2011   #68 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

How the heck do I get broken weapons if I'm a mage? ;-;

11-27-2011   #69 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
How the heck do I get broken weapons if I'm a mage? ;-;
Mages are pretty sub-par in this game since they can't use weapons and have no way to increase damage except through skills. The only way I can think of being a broken mage is to abuse the alchemy > enchant cycle to make a ridiculously enchanted set for alchemy and use it to make insane fortify destruction/restoration/conjuration potions.

11-27-2011   #70 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

This is my first Elder Scrolls game and, I have no idea what ingredients I need to do to buff my Destruction spells to kingdom come.

So how exactly do I make a set?

11-27-2011   #71 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
This is my first Elder Scrolls game and, I have no idea what ingredients I need to do to buff my Destruction spells to kingdom come.

max enchant + get the middle line of perks for it

destruction cost down enchant, not destruction down + magika restore up or you probably won't be able to hit 100% magika cost reduction.

you never want to go purely destruction though, get either conjuring or alteration as well. conjuring for the dremoa lord things or alteration for that ---skin magic skin perk. illusion is VERY helpful if you plan on do thieves guild quest but you could probably ignore it otherwise.

11-27-2011   #72 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonflow
I just enchanted some equips with fortify smithing, then used those to smith.
And used a few alchemy pots to boost the enchants to make one hand dmg enchants.
The dmg rating on weapons is the accumulated dmg from all of your equips.

As for money, pretty much just from thieves guild, pick pocking tons of rings and necklaces, and having a wife who gives me kick back from her shop.
This shows me that no matter how much I explore and loot everything I find valuable, I'll never come close to that even if I played for another month.
Shit also hit the fan real fast as even though I have decent gear (sub-par to you guys) a few bandits from an old camp totally kicked my ass as though I wasn't wearing armor.
I've also been unable to proceed in any higher dungeons for the same reason..

I'll redo my character and switch things up to actually make use of alchemy this time.

Where is thieves guild? I've also heard about things such as being a vampire or werewolf but I never seen any of these things.
B> Guide Book

Last edited by Light; 11-27-2011 at 07:26 PM.

11-27-2011   #73 (permalink)
Resident Lurker
Games
VindictusTera OnlinePhantasy Star Online 2

Firzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the roughFirzin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Check this for what ingredients to use.

1.Max Alchemy + Enchantment.

2.Make a potion for fortify enchantment.

3.During that 30 secs enchant your ring, necklace, gloves and circlet with fortify alchemy.

4.Repeat until you get equips with +29% fortify alchemy (that's the cap) on each one.

5.Make as many fortify destruction/restoration/conjuration/alteration potions as you want. There are no resto/conj/alt potions apparently .-. Nope never mind, there are.

6.Flaming corpses everywhere.

Last edited by Firzin; 11-27-2011 at 07:36 PM.

11-27-2011   #74 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few Skyrim wikis. I warn you now though, half the fun of the game for some people is exploring and doing things your way.

11-27-2011   #75 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
This shows me that no matter how much I explore and loot everything I find valuable, I'll never come close to that even if I played for another month.
Shit also hit the fan real fast as even though I have decent gear (sub-par to you guys) a few bandits from an old camp totally kicked my ass as though I wasn't wearing armor.

I'll redo my character and switch things up to actually make use of alchemy this time.

Where is thieves guild? I've heard about things such as being a vampire or werewolf but I never seen any of these things.
B> Guide Book
thieves guild is in riften, in the rat way. place is called ragon flaggon or something like that, to start the quest simply go to riften and in the square some guy with ask you to steal something from someones stand and plant it on someone else, go from there.

to be a werewolf you need to go through either the companion quest a bit or do a deadric quest. companion offer is only one time i think so, yeah. also you get a chance to cure it at the end if you wish, but i prefer to keep it personally.

to be a vampire, you need to fight one and contract the disease. don't cure it. sleep for a few days and you should be a full fledged vampire.

also to be noted, you can't be a vampire and werewolf at the same time as werewolf has a 100% disease resist, and being a vampire counts as a disease.

11-27-2011   #76 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Actually mages are arguably better than melee/ranged. There's a limit where more damage won't do any good as you'll one or two shot everything anyway. If you get 100% or close enough magicka reduction on your spells and then buff the hell out of it with your gear, you can just spam your master/expert spells and one/two/one second shot everything. I guess melee/ranged would be better for anything with enough health to survive a few whacks though.

Anything with about 100~+ base damage is obtained with the outlined alch/blacksmith/enchant loop above, it outright breaks the game, it's probably not meant to be possible. You'd normally have 40-80~ base damage stuff end game.

I find it funny how there's no reason to cure lycanthropy, but every reason to cure vampirism. The only draw back of lycanthropy really is that you don't get a resting bonus from sleeping. Otherwise, you get a transformation that lets you run longer and faster than horses, and get anonymous kill sprees. Vampirism will screw you over in the long run.

11-27-2011   #77 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Pervert Award

you forgot the part where you don't get any skill ups during transformation.

other then that, its awesome. especially early on because you get a hundred extra HP during trans and near unlimited stamina, as well as a large increase in damage/stagger. it's the best way to kill dragons early on when you don't have a decent archery or magic level.

Last edited by mikecxz; 11-27-2011 at 08:38 PM.

11-27-2011   #78 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
ElswordGrand ChaseCosmic BreakEmil Chronicle Online

Resha31773 will become famous soon enough
Class: Grand Archer, Wind Sneaker, Code:Empress, Code:Exotic, Dark Mage to_schoolgirl

This is the first TES game I played so it's not surprising that I messed up on some things. I really regret curing my lycanthropy, I thought diseases were easily cured until I got infected infected by vampirism (somehow I never got in a fight with vampires before I cured my lycanthropy).

The first time I tried to cure my vampirism the NPC got bugged. Falion wouldn't move to the ritual circle after I met him at the right place. Fixed the bug by fast moving to another place and visiting Falion on another day.

And just for fun, I tried getting to stage 4 vampirism and went inside Whiterun. All the villagers went aggro on me except for those that were members of the companions guild (my dragonborn is the companion's harbinger). All the companions guild members tried to defend me from the angry mobs trying to kill me.

Last edited by Resha31773; 11-27-2011 at 08:56 PM.

11-27-2011   #79 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBro
There are a few Skyrim wikis. I warn you now though, half the fun of the game for some people is exploring and doing things your way.
I had done that long enough until I just ran circles not sure what I should care about going toward, the problem was just not understanding how the skills worked out.
Now that I understand, I've made myself a thief type and that shit is fun! I have money from theft to play with now, fufufufu.

Skyrim is the only game that made me love pickpocketing and being stealthy.
Thanks for the help mike.

Last edited by Light; 11-27-2011 at 11:16 PM.

11-27-2011   #80 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games

There's a few ways to start the thieves guild quests, as said you can just walk to riften and talk to people.
Or if you find an Unusual Gem (there's 24 f them scattered across skyrim) it will start a quest that directs you to Vex from the guild.

I haven't done the whole lycanthropy thing.
I'm scared of warewolves T_T