League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-12-2012   #61 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line, if you don't like the look of what the cash shop has to offer and feel that it'll prevent you from having fun, don't even bother with the game.

Personally, it doesn't bother me.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-12-2012   #62 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
DC Universe OnlineWorld of WarcraftVindictusElsword
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future
Guild: Smelly Bedlam

For those of you who are worried about the Mystic Chests:

Also, this

Last edited by Kongro; 04-12-2012 at 11:51 AM.

04-12-2012   #63 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch
Also, this
NDA means nothing to this person.

Butler Golem = Banker Golem?

04-12-2012   #64 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
Butler Golem = Banker Golem?
Yes, but no, not really. More of a.. butler.

Exclusive: Video Preview Of Guild Wars 2's Asuran Butler Golem

You apparently get some of these throughout your personal story quests along with some EXP Boosters, and you can also buy some in the MTA Shop.

Last edited by Kongro; 04-12-2012 at 12:36 PM.

04-12-2012   #65 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch
Yes, but no, not really. More of a.. butler.

Exclusive: Video Preview Of Guild Wars 2's Asuran Butler Golem

You apparently get some of these throughout your personal story quests along with some EXP Boosters, and you can also buy some in the MTA Shop.
Okay I was curious if they were the same item. I'm assuming that Banker Golem won't be able to open the boxes and are just able to open your bank anywhere?

I think people will just abuse the Butler Golem by hoarding boxes and just cracking open boxes whenever they have too many.

04-12-2012   #66 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Okay I was curious if they were the same item. I'm assuming that Banker Golem won't be able to open the boxes and are just able to open your bank anywhere?

I think people will just abuse the Butler Golem by hoarding boxes and just cracking open boxes whenever they have too many.
Er, I'd wager you'd be able to unlock one box per Golem summoning/use, if anything.

04-13-2012   #67 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vith
Bottom line, if you don't like the look of what the cash shop has to offer and feel that it'll prevent you from having fun, don't even bother with the game.

Personally, it doesn't bother me.
oh look. same argument as trickster.

herp derp.

04-13-2012   #68 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

I don't believe exp and loot drops will be a problem. If you play enough and/or really just enjoy the game, you will get there sooner or later. The loot boost is 10%, are you really going to complain about that? Exp boost may be higher at 50% but tbh, I think that is reasonable and not really a problem.

As for the above poster, it's honestly the equips/pets/accessories from the cash shop and the ability to create insane equipment that you are likely not going to get unless with help from the cash shop that made trickster cash shop a problem.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Seim; 04-13-2012 at 07:38 PM.

04-18-2012   #69 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

First Beta Weekend Event will be from April 27th - 29th.

https://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/statuses/192670553436467200

04-18-2012   #70 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Awesome, I can't wait! ^_^

I actually thought that BWE will only last 2 days (Sat + Sun), this is turning out better than I expected~
(now I just gotta worry about whether my desktop can really handle it or not...)

04-18-2012   #71 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
Awesome, I can't wait! ^_^

I actually thought that BWE will only last 2 days (Sat + Sun), this is turning out better than I expected~
(now I just gotta worry about whether my desktop can really handle it or not...)
As long as you're above the recommended your computer should be able to handle it fine.

Dunno about how well the server will handle the traffic though.

04-18-2012   #72 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

what do get to keep for the these beta anyways?I though your names are saved already if u have gw.

04-18-2012   #73 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread
what do get to keep for the these beta anyways?I though your names are saved already if u have gw.
Nothing is saved for the betas from what I've heard. You just get an opportunity to get ahead of other people by finding out faster ways to level, good places to farm for items etc.

04-18-2012   #74 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As long as you're above the recommended your computer should be able to handle it fine.

Dunno about how well the server will handle the traffic though.
Well for the most parts I'm fine I guess, except my crappy graphic card...(ATI Radeon HD 3200 )

And ya you don't get to save anything in BWE including name, if you don't want your future desired name to be stolen, best thing you can do is either pre-purchase or pre-order the game for early 1 or 3 days access prior to the official launch date, and grab it.

04-18-2012   #75 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

"your original Guild Wars character names will be reserved for your use in Guild Wars 2. In addition, Guild Wars 2 recognizes the accomplishments commemorated by your original Guild Wars characters in the Hall of Monuments and provides you with unique rewards to showcase those achievements." No dont need to...all the best name are prob gone if its only reserve for few days maybe not.

Last edited by Dread; 04-18-2012 at 11:30 PM.

04-18-2012   #76 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread
"your original Guild Wars character names will be reserved for your use in Guild Wars 2. In addition, Guild Wars 2 recognizes the accomplishments commemorated by your original Guild Wars characters in the Hall of Monuments and provides you with unique rewards to showcase those achievements." No dont need to...all the best name are prob gone if its only reserve for few days maybe not.
Oh you were talking about GW1 --> GW2 with HoM...then ya.

I was talking about those who did not play GW1 though.

04-19-2012   #77 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BliztForever
Well for the most parts I'm fine I guess, except my crappy graphic card...(ATI Radeon HD 3200 )

And ya you don't get to save anything in BWE including name, if you don't want your future desired name to be stolen, best thing you can do is either pre-purchase or pre-order the game for early 1 or 3 days access prior to the official launch date, and grab it.
Most people got the digital release, so it's either play "the day it releases", or 2-3 days later than everyone else in a sense.

Hopefully no one took the semi-obscure IGNs that I have.

04-19-2012   #78 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Quote:
Most people got the digital release, so it's either play "the day it releases", or 2-3 days later than everyone else in a sense.

Hopefully no one took the semi-obscure IGNs that I have.
Well it's pretty cool that we can make character with surname in GW2, and with that I doubt my desired name would be taken even if I joined the game at a later time (I did pre-purchase though)

04-24-2012   #79 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Ickypoke is on a distinguished road
IGN: Eiki
Class: AFK-ER lt_mage
Level: Less than yours.
Guild: FrenchBread

http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

BWE Client is out, go nuts.

04-24-2012   #80 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games

Account registered, BWE mail received, game downloaded...now looking at login screen and tweaking settings, I feel so happpyyyyyy~~ >w<

Also it's just some small stuff, but I find it neat that on the top right that you can minimize, toggle, close the game without going into the setting or whatever lol

==============================================

Btw, has anyone decided which server they're gonna play at?
(I'm probably going to Fort Aspenwood...because it's easy to spell and sounds cool lol)

It seems that all the available servers will be divided into two regions (US and EU), and there are some restrictions during this BWE to playing together if you're on different server/home world than your friend I think

See details here

Last edited by Blizt; 04-24-2012 at 09:43 PM.