LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-20-2012   #281 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Well pretty sure I tried all the fractals now. No surprise, aside from a few. Snow map was half a breath of fresh air, solid ocean arguably ok if only for the scenery. I'm gonna have to go with the dredge being the worst. Embodiment of kill a bunch of god damn mobs and then kill more that spawn.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Anet is going to keep their trend of ball busting mystic forge recipes and abysmal chest rates. Yes I want to spend upwards of 15g on your skins or pets because you set the god damn rate to some low bloody rate. Yes I want to repeatedly collect a full stack of powerful bloods, ectos, or whatever that's at least 20s each in price to forge something.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-21-2012   #282 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
DC Universe OnlineWorld of WarcraftVindictusElsword
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future
Guild: Nuclear Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Well pretty sure I tried all the fractals now. No surprise, aside from a few. Snow map was half a breath of fresh air, solid ocean arguably ok if only for the scenery. I'm gonna have to go with the dredge being the worst. Embodiment of kill a bunch of god damn mobs and then kill more that spawn.
Things start to kick up past tier 10, but even then it's quite easy with a few pieces of slotted Ascended gear. The skills that inflict Agony can almost always be dodged, with only a few exceptions.

herpderp feedback ahead
Adding conditions to bosses as a difficulty increase is a step in the right direction, but I'd like to see something like the Heroic raids in WoW, where they usually add an entirely new ability to the boss which radically changes the encounter, something like that. Maybe.

I just don't think Agony is very interesting.

11-21-2012   #283 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongro
Adding conditions to bosses as a difficulty increase is a step in the right direction, but I'd like to see something like the Heroic raids in WoW, where they usually add an entirely new ability to the boss which radically changes the encounter, something like that. Maybe.
I've noticed small changes as I've gone up the difficulty. I don't think I'd have any problems with any of the fractals, if they all had many many changes as difficulty goes up, and many different possible alterations of the same dungeon. Having a handful of dungeons that you choose 3 from and slapping a few things on just isn't enough randomization to turn a blind eye to how dull and/or stupid some of them all. If each fractal had tons of event that altered the map, different permutation of enemies and skills, and more imaginative scenarios in general, all would be well.

Instead, we have the same problem with the "random events" in normal dungeons now. Incredibly minor deviations that end up keeping the dungeon structure nearly identical.

12-10-2012   #284 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future

Quote:
Wintersday is coming and along with all the other goodies there will be a few updates to WvW. Some of these changes are the result of forum feedback while others are part of our longer term plans for WvW. Here’s a quick preview of what WvW will get for Wintersday:

Advance notification of new builds
In order to allow WvW players to make good decions about siege placement, assault timing, etc. we’re adding a new build pre-announcement. This will be in the form of a message broadcast to all players some time before the current build expires. Because this notification is tied to one of the final steps in our build process, and those final steps take a variable amount of time, we won’t be able to say exactly when the current build will expire. Instead, the message will provide a window of time in which the new build will become available.

Alt+F4 is no escape
If someone that you’re fighting disconnects during combat (via Alt+F4, killing the client process, etc.) their character will be instantly killed, death penalties will be applied, and XP & loot will be handed out as usual.

No more insta-build walls & gates
Destroyed walls and gates will now rebuild when they reach 10% health rather than on the very first repair. This means that when attackers down a wall or gate defenders won’t be able to instantly rebuild it. Walls and gates which are destroyed can still be damaged if they have any health.

Breakout events
We’ve added a new event type to WvW called Breakout events which trigger when one or more teams have been pushed completely out of a map. They’re designed both to help players break out of severly camped portal keeps and to provide assistance in establishing a foothold in each map. Here’s what designer Matt Witter has to say about them:

Breakout Events are special WvW events that will happen when a team has lost control of all defensive structures, not counting supply camps. An NPC commander will appear in the team’s start area and an event will start that prompts players to gather around. Once enough players are in the commander’s presence he will summon his trusty dolyak to give all allies in the area full supply. He will then lead the charge to the nearby objective and give players protection and assist with building siege to assault the objective with. Those benefits, along with a defensive boon that he applies to all nearby allies, makes the attacking players a force to be reckoned with. Defenders will have their work cut out for them, as once the gate or wall piece is destroyed the commander will move to the tower lord inside and attack anyone in his path.

These changes are just a small part of what the WvW team has been up to lately. As you may have already heard, we’re hard at work on some larger updates that we plan to deliver in February. We’re not quite ready to talk about the details yet but as February gets closer we’ll start to reveal more of our secrets.

Happy Wintersday and we’ll see you on the battlefield!
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rst#post965551

Last edited by Kongro; 12-10-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added teaser clip.

12-11-2012   #285 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...december-2012/

I'm surprised they posted all that up ahead of time. Although I'm not so sure if I'm really interested in all this.

12-11-2012   #286 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

That would look rather fun, to see all the major cities to be lively with bunch of people XD

12-11-2012   #287 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

I'm expecting only 20% of the content to be truly fun. Prove me wrong ANet.

12-14-2012   #288 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Wintersday TL;DR Notes shamelessly ripped from Reddit

Quote:
Main Event: Toypocalypse
  • A new scaling 5 man instanced event accessed via the golem airship. Each city will have content relevant to the home race and content will build as Tixx flies over each home town.
  • The event is aimed at a 30 minute completion time.
  • This 5 man instance event is a Horde mode meets tower defense minigame.
  • Each instance above a hometown will reward a blueprint relevant to that race.
  • After completion of the events, you can craft a unique toy (No word on crafting limits or tradability at this stage)
  • Any previous city dungeon is available once the airship arrives in Lions Arch at the end of the event period.
  • Visit Tixx at least once after he arrives at his final destination to receive your holiday collectible item.
  • An auto grouping system (not clear yet) is available for the Tixx 5 player instance.
Misc PVE
  • All wintersday daily events are on a 24 hour completion timer once activated.
  • Mini events will be similar to trick-or-treat doors of Halloween, except in the fashion of Present boxes around the world.
  • 275 new crafting recipes, these are not all wintersday related.
  • Wintersday themed chests in Black Lion Trading Company.
  • Build snowmen around the world much like pumpkin carving during Halloween.
  • Tixx will drop presents from the sky when he flies around Tyria
  • Plans and materials can be obtained in said drops.
  • Jumping puzzle: Winter wonderland Jumping puzzle (frostbite debuff timed mechanic)
  • PvP Minigame: Snowball mayhem capture the flag pvp game (3 skillbar classes - Scout, Heavy, Support)
  • Activity: Bell choir rockband style 3 player per team mini game at the Lions Arch Snowglobe. (3v3 music battle?)
  • No new holiday themed resource nodes added. All items for holiday crafting are obtained via events/instances/activities.
WvW and PvP:
  • Siege weapons will be wintersday themed.
  • Holiday finishers are available.

Gem Store
Minis
  • Plush Griffon : 350 Gems
  • Toy Golem: 350 Gems
  • Princess Doll: 350 Gems
  • Toy Soldier: 350 Gems
  • Toy ventari: 350 Gems
Style
  • Festive Hat: 150 Gems
  • Holiday Ear Muffs: Free
  • Fancy Winter Outfit: 700 Gems
Winter Weapon Skins:
  • Needle, Cutter, Reach, Shelter: 500 Gems a piece
Consumables
  • Wintersday Black Lion Chest: 1/100 Gems, 10/800 Gems

Sources: Guild Wars 2's Wintersday content primer | Massively
Guild Wars 2 (GW2) Previews: Wintersday is Coming - MMORPG.com
Wintersday Preview | Guild Wars 2 Hub
Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Guide, Strategy, Tips, and Tutorials
In other news, the account restoration system launched a few days ago.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rst#post973940

Last edited by Kongro; 12-14-2012 at 06:54 AM.

12-14-2012   #289 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ember-14-2012/

Patch notes out for Wintersday. Build came out too I think but I can't even patch so I'm guessing patch server died/under heavy load

12-15-2012   #290 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Managed to get an unbreakable Choir Bell, and my god
Bell choir is hella addicting.

Wintersday has been good, so far. Disregarding the easy jumping puzzle.

12-17-2012   #291 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
Managed to get an unbreakable Choir Bell, and my god
If it was from a gift, I hate you.

Meanwhile, at Arenanet:

Quote:
Your content is so ridiculously good (I'm looking at you, Windersday 2012) that my bank (and according to the rep, others as well) is growing suspicious of the amount of money that you are raking in from your users, and is calling their customers to confirm that the cash flow is legitimate. Kudos to you, and I hope you all love your Christmas bonuses.
Signed,
A very pleased (and amused) player
I find this ****ing hilarious. And at the same time, slightly disturbed. So that's why all the desirable items are grinding MMO tier drop rates.

12-17-2012   #292 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
If it was from a gift, I hate you.
Got it after opening around 8000 gifts, got a bunch of Everlasting tonics as well though.

On a less related note
This website is amazing www.gw2lfg.com, use it until they sort their own LFG system out.

Gotten past F36 thanks to that website, lots of competent players use it.

12-18-2012   #293 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
Got it after opening around 8000 gifts
I will forever remember GW2 as Pay2HaveFun/Auction House Flipping: The MMO.

12-27-2012   #294 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

got it for christmas, having fun so far but i find the combat to be repetitive after a while with a class, and end up switching to another character, resulting in my highest level only being like 15 so far.

01-02-2013   #295 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Apparently Anet handed out bans for disassembling one of the new event jewelry for ectoplasms. I used a more profitable conversion method involving the jewelry since really the ectoplasm method seemed to be a really mediocre way to make money to me.

It sucks for the people that got banned. The ectoplasm method was nowhere near game breaking, and was only mildly profitable, really only somewhat profitable to the early spotters. Anet ****ed up on this one. Seems like they still want to be *******s and nerf every ****ing decent money making method besides farming their game like a cripple or flipping AH items, or

Spoiler!

I'm expecting them to undo this after the commotion caused. If not, my opinion of the game and company will go to shit.

01-03-2013   #296 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Apparently Anet handed out bans for disassembling one of the new event jewelry for ectoplasms. I used a more profitable conversion method involving the jewelry since really the ectoplasm method seemed to be a really mediocre way to make money to me.

It sucks for the people that got banned. The ectoplasm method was nowhere near game breaking, and was only mildly profitable, really only somewhat profitable to the early spotters. Anet ****ed up on this one. Seems like they still want to be *******s and nerf every ****ing decent money making method besides farming their game like a cripple or flipping AH items, or

Spoiler!

I'm expecting them to undo this after the commotion caused. If not, my opinion of the game and company will go to shit.
Quote:
It is a very bad idea to "assume" anything regarding the number of accounts terminated for abusing this exploit. The number was actually under two hundred total, and the people affected used the exploit hundreds and sometimes thousands of times. ~RB2
Okay, So me, My... | Facebook

As usual, don't buy the "i just did it twice, and i got banned" bullshit. It's usually just bullshit.

disregarding that, here's a pretty exciting update regarding the future January/February/March updates.

Quote:
Hey guys,

Just to help provide some clarity on this, we’ll be releasing within the next couple of weeks a high level summary of our big plans for the first half of 2013 to help provide more transparency into our plans with the game going forward. This will include providing more details about our goals for the game, information about the stories and features that you’ll see in the Jan/Feb/March releases.

To set expectations accordingly, the January release will be a relatively small release that sets the table for the stories and features we plan to roll out with the Feb/March releases and beyond. Also, there will be no new race, profession, or new region with these larger Feb/March releases.
One of our major goals with these releases is making our existing world as strong as possible, ensuring there are reasons to go to all the locations in the world we’ve already built, and strengthening the core game we’ve provided.

In saying this will be an expansions worth of stuff in these releases, we’re talking about the number of new features that will be rolled out across PvE, WvW, and PvP in early 2013, which usually you’d only find in an expansion for a traditional MMORPG.

More details and specifics to come in the next couple of weeks, but I hope that helps provide some more insight into what to expect at a very high level.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1136181

Sounds like they're going in the right direction.

Last edited by Kongro; 01-04-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: added source

01-03-2013   #297 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:

Spoiler!

Ah Jewnet. Giving me less reasons to play again everytime I start thinking of coming back.

01-03-2013   #298 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

The issue is, it wasn't an exploit. The money gained wasn't like 5g average every attempt or something massive like that, and the money gained was directly reliant on the market of course. Sure it was a lot before the public knew about it, but of course if you found an overlooked or unknown method of making money , you would be able to make a lot.

In fact, I did something similar close to the early access, except I made game-breaking amounts of gold, but I wasn't banned. I'm pretty sure it fits the criteria for this "exploit" though.

1. Buy 3 40s~ exotic level 76+ armor
2. Buy 10 mystic forge stones, equating to roughly 10s~ each stone at the time
3. Throw 3 armor pieces + 1 forge stone in
4. Enjoy my new armor that has a 80% chance of giving me an armor piece that sells for 1.5g-8g

You bet your ass I sunk all my money into doing this whenever possible. The other 20% I didn't get a better piece of armor, I had a 50/50 chance of getting one that sold for only about 1g, or another 40s~ one.

And I know for a fact I could've done this even earlier, around 4~ days earlier for even more dosh money. I didn't see my method of "exploiting" pop up anywhere until around 1 week after I started doing it. I also could tell a few other people knew what I was doing and doing the same thing as well.

So, what's the difference between what I did, and what these people that just got banned did?

01-04-2013   #299 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

The recipe wasn't bugged, they simply didn't account for the impact it would have and blamed the players.
And, apparently they banned people depending on how many times you salvaged the jewelry. 100+ salvages meant getting a permanent ban.

Quote:
The issue is, it wasn't an exploit. The money gained wasn't like 5g average every attempt or something massive like that, and the money gained was directly reliant on the market of course.
It was, kinda. How much money you got from it wasn't relevant, it was how much Ectoplasm you could generate which was the problem.
Using the Mithril jewelry you could get stacks of ectoplasms, and it was bloody cheap since Ectoplasm prices went to hell.

it was obvious it shouldn't have worked like it did

Last edited by Kongro; 01-04-2013 at 11:01 AM.

01-04-2013   #300 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Banning people for salvaging, a feature built into the game to get you components which you can either use or sell. Honestly it's just punishing people for discovering ways of making money.