Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-13-2012   #241 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
DC Universe OnlineWorld of WarcraftVindictusElsword
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future
Guild: Nuclear Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
iofjeaof

I'm playing this game solely for PvP and I suck at it.

Any tips at using a double dagger thief?
Here's a nice guide, not only for D/D but for most weapon sets.

Personally, I'm using a variation of the D/D Unicorn build

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-13-2012   #242 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

This is what I've been using. Things die. Even Vit/Toughness builds.
Build Editor :: Guild Wars 2 Skills

11-07-2012   #243 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future

Here's a bit of a teaser on the upcoming November content patch.

Quote:
We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial.
You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.

To do so, you need a Guild Wars 2 account in good standing that was created before 23:59 PST (7:59 GMT) on November 6.

We will give you more details once the program goes live, but start thinking about who you want to invite!
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rial-is-Coming

So yay, trials. That's a thing soon.

Last edited by Kongro; 11-07-2012 at 03:17 PM.

11-07-2012   #244 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

IF ONLY I HAD FRIENDS ;-;

What's the Lost Shores update gonna have anyways? Thanksgiving update?

11-07-2012   #245 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

If only they would stop trying to hide their incredibly grindy game with fake anti-grind mechanics that only further make the game grindier.

11-07-2012   #246 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
If only they would stop trying to hide their incredibly grindy game with fake anti-grind mechanics that only further make the game grindier.
Nah man it's a "feature".

11-08-2012   #247 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Call me ignorant, but what do you mean?

I haven't noticed anything "incredibly grindy" apart from the whole legendary business.

11-08-2012   #248 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongro
Call me ignorant, but what do you mean?

I haven't noticed anything "incredibly grindy" apart from the whole legendary business.
Can't farm NPCs for drops for items you need for crafting such as blood etc because of anti-farm code that makes it so you get no drops after so many kills or being there for so many minutes, the bullshit anti-speed run code for people who clear dungeons too fast for Anets liking. Diminishing returns on dungeon drops. He means that sort of stuff.

And my personal favourite: constantly removing various crafting materials from vendors because players find a way to profit or don't have to spend hours killing low level NPCs in three different zones to get various food drops like chocolate bars and butter.

Last edited by Metty; 11-08-2012 at 08:39 AM.

11-08-2012   #249 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
The bullshit anti-speed run code for people who clear dungeons too fast for Anets liking.
Easily avoided, but the diminishing return is a bit too simple to be fair.

Quote:
Diminishing returns on dungeon drops.
Would be abused without any.

Quote:
Can't farm NPCs for drops for items you need for crafting such as blood etc because of anti-farm code that makes it so you get no drops after so many kills or being there for so many minutes
I know for a fact that resets after about 30 minutes. I got about 5-7 rares in 30-40 minutes of farming with a Magic Find set, without that anti-farm code the economy would break even further.

If you don't like grinding, don't grind I say.

11-08-2012   #250 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

You were able to get a permanent halloween transformation tonic from Personal Trick or Treat bags. I want that, because it'd be neat to be able to turn into other shit and beat the crap out of each other at any time of the year.

So I spent like 20G to get bags and opening them. No dice. Turns out the tonic is infamous, and people have opened like 3000 bags to no avail.

The weapon skins and etc. in the chests. Opened a bunch of chests, nothing, make a bunch of the special chests and open them, nothing.

Shit like this (in addition to some of the stuff Metty mentioned). If I have to bust my ass beyond belief farming items or money to get any of the cool stuff, why the **** should I bother.

11-08-2012   #251 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
You were able to get a permanent halloween transformation tonic from Personal Trick or Treat bags. I want that, because it'd be neat to be able to turn into other shit and beat the crap out of each other at any time of the year.

So I spent like 20G to get bags and opening them. No dice. Turns out the tonic is infamous, and people have opened like 3000 bags to no avail.

The weapon skins and etc. in the chests. Opened a bunch of chests, nothing, make a bunch of the special chests and open them, nothing.

Shit like this (in addition to some of the stuff Metty mentioned). If I have to bust my ass beyond belief farming items or money to get any of the cool stuff, why the **** should I bother.
Mm. That's gambling though, not grinding. I spent a horrible amount of cash on Keys during Halloween (about 40$ worth, I think) and I managed to get two Greatsaws and a Chain Sword skin. I know others who spent more than 100$ and got no skins.

And just FYI the permanent tonic transformation doesn't have Costume Brawl skills.
Also we'll most likely get permanent tonics as birthday gifts like we did in Guild Wars 1, can't really say that's certain though.

Edit: what i'm trying to say:
gambling = uh kinda bad, just buy what you want off the TP in the future
permanent tonics = overrated

Last edited by Kongro; 11-08-2012 at 02:47 PM.

11-08-2012   #252 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

And because the rates are so low, you have to gamble on being super lucky to not grind/farm a bunch of items or cash in order to get the items you want. Obviously the rate are shit when you see a ton of threads about people opening a ridiculous number of boxes and stuff and not getting something, while there are a handful that got lucky and posted about their 5th opening getting them what they wanted
Spoiler!
. The gamble wouldn't be a problem if the rate was like 1% instead of 0.01% or whatever the hell it is.

And even if you don't "gamble", the craftable halloween weapons require stupid shit like 100 corrupted lodestones. A lot of exotics in the mystic forge are guilty of these requirements too.

11-12-2012   #253 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Spoiler!

New information about the upcoming patch:

Guild Wars 2 (GW2) Previews: A Peek into the November Update - MMORPG.com
Guild Wars 2's Lost Shores content primer | Massively

Seems pretty exciting, although I'm slightly worried about the whole Ascended armor thing. Just gotta wait and see.

EDIT: We'll see a blog post about the content later today. Hopefully that will clarify things.
https://twitter.com/mkerstein/status/268043782774218755

The Lost Shores page has been updated with tons of info. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...november-2012/

Last edited by Kongro; 11-12-2012 at 10:33 AM.

11-12-2012   #254 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

I love these events. Purely because of the amount of anal pain that spawns on the GW2 facebook page by the entitled casuals.
"I work all those days during that time, this is unfair I paid for the game like everyone else!"
"More level 80 content this is unfair, I'm not even level 40 yet!"
And yet they can play with their low levels with no clue about the actual mechanics of the game and get carried through the entire event and still get things until the end of it when they get sent back to level 2 just like the Halloween event.

Last edited by Metty; 11-12-2012 at 10:51 AM.

11-12-2012   #255 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
I love these events. Purely because of the amount of anal pain that spawns on the GW2 facebook page by the entitled casuals.
"I work all those days during that time, this is unfair I paid for the game like everyone else!"
"More level 80 content this is unfair, I'm not even level 40 yet!"
And yet they can play with their low levels with no clue about the actual mechanics of the game and get carried through the entire event and still get things until the end of it when they get sent back to level 2 just like the Halloween event.

11-12-2012   #256 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

I bet he plays a five signet warrior too.

11-12-2012   #257 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
Awards Pervert Award

This is the so called Ascended gear by the way.
Right now I think it will be Back slot only. But again, wait and see.

Also, the refer a friend invites are available now, which will give access to the game between Nov 15th-18th.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rst#post702518

Last edited by Kongro; 11-12-2012 at 01:40 PM.

11-12-2012   #258 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

I'm a bit worried about this new Ascended rank item, I was relieved when I completed my full set of Exotic, now I'm not so sure. Hopefully it's not as bad as I imagined :/

Btw, according to the new Lost Shore event page, the refer a friend invite is limited in numbers it seems.

11-12-2012   #259 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

I've already spent like 80g to transmute the looks of all my armor quite a while ago. I used some pieces of cultural. T3.

**** you ANet, unless you allow transmuted items to be transmuted again.

11-12-2012   #260 (permalink)
(<ゝω・)☆
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterVindictusLuniaRakion: Chaos Force

Blizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to beholdBlizt is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Blizt

Wait, transmuted items cannot be transmuted again? That doesn't seem right, I thought there was no restriction? o_O