Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-07-2011   #41 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

lol it doesn't sound that bad from what i've seen. DART GUYS DO NOT RESPAWN ONCE KILLED. PULL/BAIT YOUR ENEMIES WITH A BOW(for EZ mode 1v1 everything, monsters there are easy to backstab) USE THE SPIDER SHIELD YOU FOUND IN THE SEWERS to block poison attacks. carry a few poison heals with you, YOU CAN ROLL IN THE SWAMP UNLIKE DEMONS SOULS. ehh, for the guys with the fat heads, if you hear them make a gargling roar-ish sound stay where you are since it means he has spotted you, he will go to you, allowing for a 1v1 fight. the boss is incredibly easy(./note i watched someone fight it cause i wanted to see why everyone hated the area, I REGRET NOTHING AND NO SHAME.)
Backstab your enemies since they're actually pretty easy unless mobbed.
Only hard part seems to me is the map layout and getting lost.
Oh yeah, near the bonfire in the swamp, if you are in HUMAN FORM you get to fight the MEAT CLEAVER BLACK PHANTOM FROM DEMONS SOULS. Very easy as you can block its attacks, unlike before, and you get to keep the meat cleaver. if you kill her/him(i dont know its gender lolol and im not sure if you really need to kill them or just be human) they can be summoned at the boss.

SECRET ROOM IN BOSS AREA. near the bell is some stairs that lead down and then you walk down em and there will be a wall that you can slash with your weapon to reveal a hidden path(wall will disappear) and there will be an eggsack enemy, BUT IT IS ACTUALLY AN NPC AND NOT AN ENEMY SO DO NOT ATTACK. there is a hidden covenant that needs you to wear the old witch ring to walk past a wall in there and there is also a spider princess(?) NPC that will let you upgrade your flasks if your shrine maiden at firelink died.

Last edited by J0SH2; 10-07-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-08-2011   #42 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Lol, killed whats-her-name-exposed-breasts-lava-spider-lady on the first try. Went deeper in, fought that giant lava thing.... owns me so bad, it's fire attack is like... un-dodgable... I can only block and hope that I successfully blocked it. I gave up after a few tries.

I fought that wolf with the sword as well, I didn't know if it dropped a weapon or not so I just let it kill me. Same with the butterfly... lmao... though it was so weak I could have killed it there.

Anyways I'm having slight issue on deciding my build... yea I know I'm somewhat already in the game but all I've been doing is throwing my points into Str/Dex. I check out the list of upgrades on wiki, pretty much all of them are upgrading weapons into Int or Faith scaling or lowers Str and Dex scaling or it simply removes all scaling... Really lost on what I want to or should use now... Though I guess it isn't overall too much of an issue the first play through.

Also... the frame rate lag in certain areas and where certain monsters are is incredibly annoying.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

10-08-2011   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

Yeah i beat quelagg recently too, i know what to do for the Ceaseless Discharge guy, but i didnt fight it yet. Wheres the wolf and butterfly? haven't gone into the new now opened gate place because im ffffing grinding to get 14 faith to use the stupid Astora straight sword to kill the skeletons near firelink for good. i QQ at 8 faith and needing like 7k souls for 1 level.... i would farm at the forest for the quick 7k souls, but then i dont know how to make 20k to get in there. >_>

Also been upgrading str/dex, Currently at 30 str and 20 dex but still using the drake sword since nothing better has appeared and i cant use the king dragon axe.

Anyway, for covenants, which one are you guys thinking of joining? I'm personally thinking of the Forest Hunter, Gravelord servant, and Darkmoon covenants.

10-08-2011   #44 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

I forgot the name of the location, but its down pass Andre, that buff blacksmith guy. You need to buy the thing to unlock the sealed door for 20k souls, but the amazing thing is, that place... you can farm souls incredibly easy. 10~15k souls per 2~5mins depending on how good you are at it. Basically there are 3 "human" enemies or something, one gives you 1k soul, another gives you 2k, and another gives you 3k. There are also 2~3 ghost enemies you cannot lock on but can hit them with very low damage and they are incredibly annoying and hard to see since the area is very dark. They give 3~5k souls. Now the easiest way to kill them is... run to the stairway but don't climb up, rather, walk along the edge of the side/cliff and guard with a shield at the very end. The Ghost and other enemies will basically walk up the stairway and fall on you... but end up falling off the cliff. Instant souls. LOL.

Anyways, the Wolf with the sword is a bit further in that area. Hes an amazing boss, hes not ugly and shet like most bosses. My brother was admiring it... lmao... Hes in 5th grade and he plays as well (hes further than me probably as of now).

The Butterfly is on the other pathway from the sealed door to the wolf, where those golem soldier guys are in the forest. There's a rock/ruin building you can go up (stairways) and at the very top, there's a fog that takes you to the butterfly boss.

I'm currently doing that place with those snake/serpent head guys.... It's annoying. I don't die by them but I always screw up and get hit by those swinging guillotines and fall off to my death.

10-08-2011   #45 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Grinding souls is pretty easy, leveling via natural progression is pretty much non-existant starting at the latter half of the game.

I think I'm just going to go full on STR/DEX/END for my first run, and go jack of all trades for NG+.

Sen's Fortress, the most inexplicable place. "This is so easy, BUT I KEEP DYING ANYWAY, WHY?"

10-10-2011   #46 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

I got to Seath or whatever it's name was, the crystal dragon, but... apparently I'm assuming I'm suppose to lose? Regardless, I got lost in the Archives cause apparently I missed a door. Took me forever to get through it.

Also, the fury sword is pimp ass.

Though I've kinda decided to restart, my stats are so screwed up... 20 Vit, 25 End, 30 Str, 30 Dex. Lolwut. Str is too high. Should have left it at like half.

10-10-2011   #47 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Looks ok with me. There's STR requirements up to 50.

10-10-2011   #48 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

I don't think I'll ever need to use anything that requires 50 Str though. Armor and such don't require stats. All I need is enough Str for my Shield and Weapon right?

There's a lot of debate going on about if Str really does increase attack speed or not but I'm not too sure... But we'll see if I decide to focus on a new character or not as I'm taking a break.

Last edited by Paul; 10-10-2011 at 02:41 PM.

10-11-2011   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Dang, so i was messing with the tumor back enemies near ceaseless discharge and then while wanting to see their attacks i let it grab me and then it layed an egg in my head.
cant wear a helmet and my head is an eggsack now...lol

Luckily i got 4 of the antidote by killing them a bunch of times till they dropped it.

Went into sen's castle and kept dying lol, ffffing boulder traps.
Got dat lightning spear from dem mimics and i dont know where im supposed to go lol

10-12-2011   #50 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0SH2
Went into sen's castle and kept dying lol, ffffing boulder traps.
Got dat lightning spear from dem mimics and i dont know where im supposed to go lol

Gotta keep going up and fight the boss. Fairly easy though a decoy helps a lot.

Don't forget to get the ring that increases drop rate while your there as well. It increases Item Find by 200. That's more than 20 Humanity. To get it, turn the mechanism that pushes the boulders towards the direction where there are a lot of turns and at the bottom, there should be a hole as well as a door that leads to where the Mimic was. Fill the hole with boulders. I think it takes about 3 boulders, then 1 more boulder to break the wall, after the wall breaks, go inside and there's a item there, the ring that increases Item Find rate, the name is long so i keep forgetting whats it called.

Anyways, I remade my character, dex build, and finished from start to sens castle in a day. Using +10 Iaito. Needa lightning upgrade it and make my Fury Sword with my +10 Scimitar... but the smith NPC are in Anor Londo which I don't want to do right now. /going to get DarkWraith trophy.

Last edited by Paul; 10-12-2011 at 12:17 PM.

10-14-2011   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

HNNNNNNNNGH finally beat Sif after a number of tries. People be sayin hes easy but he be bootleggin me when he does the double sword spin 5 FFFFFIN TIMES IN A ROW AFTER DASHING TO ME. Was using lightning spear and it was horrible since my hard slashes would always miss cause the poke would aim at the ground even when locked on >_>. If you haven't already, grab the Critical+ ring behind the grave

Joined the Forest Covenant too after a little bit of farming.
Need to finish dat Sen's Castle still and grind for titanite....
Upgrading weapons is so annoying lol.... but gotta make dem Boss Weapons.

10-15-2011   #52 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Because he is easy. Just get under him and stab him and he will die in under a minute. I ruined my build for pvp thinking a 40 str weapon would actually be good. Lightning Zweihander has the highest damage in the game for melee at 750. I'd have around 2.3k HP instead of only 1.9k if I didn't mess up my build as I would have about 60 vit combined with Mask of the Mother and the Ring of Favor and Protection, perhaps even 2.5k.

10-15-2011   #53 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Just played it up to butterfly on deprived. Everything seems pretty easy so far, every miniboss died on first try and bosses in 2 tries or less.

10-15-2011   #54 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Getting to the boss is harder than the boss itself. Wait til you get to the part in Anor Londo where you need to get pass the 2 silver knight archers where if they hit you, you pretty much get knocked off the spot your standing and fall to your death. The first time I did it, it took me over 2 hours LOL.

I also found Sif incredibly easy. It's said you can let him go while he's limping but it never showed up for me. Got tired of waiting for something to pop up so I switched to my +15 Pyromancy Gloves and R2'd (punching) him to death.

10-15-2011   #55 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

nah the whole let Sif live thing is actually a lie. Official guides dont even mention it.

Anyway, so i tried redeeming my collector's edition free stuff and the code used to get it doesnt even fffing work.... What should i do?
also, how to tell what version of the game your have? i bought mine online off amazon from and its got english and french on it does that mean its the US or French version lol?

10-15-2011   #56 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Getting to the boss is harder than the boss itself. Wait til you get to the part in Anor Londo where you need to get pass the 2 silver knight archers where if they hit you, you pretty much get knocked off the spot your standing and fall to your death. The first time I did it, it took me over 2 hours LOL.
Don't mind me, doing that knight archer part in two tries

Again, bosses are jacked up in Dark Souls. If you know a trick to killing them, they're a joke. If you don't, piss hard. I think the Ornstein and Smough fight is the hardest one, even with the tricks. Especially if you're going for Ornstein last. I had the JOYFUL experience of being pure melee for this fight, SURE WAS FUN, HAHAHA...HA...GOD DAMNIT.

10-16-2011   #57 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

I think I humor myself too much.

A player is summoning me.
I appear naked with dual wielding shields.

10-16-2011   #58 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
Again, bosses are jacked up in Dark Souls. If you know a trick to killing them, they're a joke. If you don't, piss hard. I think the Ornstein and Smough fight is the hardest one, even with the tricks. Especially if you're going for Ornstein last. I had the JOYFUL experience of being pure melee for this fight, SURE WAS FUN, HAHAHA...HA...GOD DAMNIT.
I'm pissed off because when I did my run, my guys i summoned took out Ornstein first so my finishing kill was on Smough... and thus I couldn't buy Ornsteins armor, I could only buy that fatass's armor set, which is quite hilarious if I do say so myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarted
I think I humor myself too much.

A player is summoning me.
I appear naked with dual wielding shields.
Lol, pro way to greet.

Also, I'm only assuming this so far but, when summoning or waiting to be summon, do people only see your sign or you see theirs if they are similar level? If so, what is considered similar level? -10~+10?

10-16-2011   #59 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Also, I'm only assuming this so far but, when summoning or waiting to be summon, do people only see your sign or you see theirs if they are similar level? If so, what is considered similar level? -10~+10?
People only see your sign if they are similar level, I think.
From what I understand, the people who are being summoned must be within 10% of the host's level.

10-16-2011   #60 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarted
People only see your sign if they are similar level, I think.
From what I understand, the people who are being summoned must be within 10% of the host's level.
Eh, thats less than I expected... maybe nice for the extremely high levels...