Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-04-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

Oh hey guys, lets kill Taurus *xx tries*

Oh look now a Dragon that one kill you with his breath *xx tries*

OH LOOK SUDDENLY IRON BOAR WITH NO CAMPFIRE IN SIGHT

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-04-2011   #22 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Pick depraved, turns out to be the worst starting class. Spend nearly an hour trying to get past skeletons when they gave no souls and were too strong, but I didn't know. THISGAMEMAN. Find another place to go, probably where I'm supposed to go first, gets a lot easier. Then continuously cut wrists getting past the first real boss and a dragon.

THIS GAME MAN.
Spoiler!

10-04-2011   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

i picked Wanderer and i am loving this difficulty. spent a long while trying to pass skeletons and wraith things, till i found the right way to go. Also got like 5 chests by exploring the beginning area and also JUMPED INTO THE WELL LIKE MAN and died. Stopped at Taurus and let my bro play and then i found out how to beat it when he got there and told him to how to beat it lol. Dat boar was kind of a chump since you just lead him into fire and hes down.

Anyone understand how the sun gives you free flask recharges?
or how the flask recharges work when not at a bonfire

10-05-2011   #24 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

It'd be perfect if there weren't some things like a single hit registering more than once. Every time I get hit and take 3 hits worth, I die on the inside (and then die in game.)

Story of my Dark Soul life?

IF I HAVE TO RUN ALL THE WAY BACK UP THERE AND CLIMB UP THE LADDER TO KILL THAT DUO TO TRY TAURUS ONE MORE TIME...

IF I HAVE TO GET THROUGH THOSE POISONOUS RATS AND SPEARMEN ONE MORE TIME...

IF I HAVE TO GET THROUGH THOSE ******* KNIGHTS ONE MORE TIME...

10-05-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

Awwwright made it to the smith in the undead parish, got the fire keeper soul, and got Dat Elevator to the firelink shrine.
Using dat Halberd and Knight shield.
i dont know where to go now though :/
skeletons still too hard, ghost things still destroy me and the forest swamp place is too strong too wat do HNNNNNGH

10-05-2011   #26 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

/picks depraved.

OH SHE-

/googles Dark Soul Class List
/many sites say "DO NOT PICK DEPRAVED CLASS".
/facepalm.

My Anime List / Playstation Network - Niikun

10-05-2011   #27 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
/picks depraved.

OH SHE-

/googles Dark Soul Class List
/many sites say "DO NOT PICK DEPRAVED CLASS".
/facepalm.
RK did the same thing and raged in IRC. People seem to mainly be picking it due to its stats without realizing what they are really picking.

10-05-2011   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

lol why would you pick the depraved guy, sure hes got good looking stats, but equips are probably most important in this game. and plus hes the naked guy, of course hes the European Extreme Mode of this game.

10-05-2011   #29 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Paul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nicePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0SH2
lol why would you pick the depraved guy, sure hes got good looking stats, but equips are probably most important in this game. and plus hes the naked guy, of course hes the European Extreme Mode of this game.
I was just screwing around the first time.

Anyways, I went that class with the fireball skill. Haven't gotten too far yet, just passed the armor boar, letting my little brother play now though.

Last edited by Paul; 10-05-2011 at 08:23 PM.

10-05-2011   #30 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Re-rolled Warrior, game is instantly much much easier and more manageable...Until Blight Town.

**** THIS PLACE MAN. **** IT UP THE ASS. THIS MAKES EVERYTHING PRIOR LOOK LIKE A CAKE WALK. I'M PRETTY SURE THEY HAD DIFFERENT PEOPLE DESIGNING EACH AREA AND THEY GOT A GOD DAMN MASOCHIST ON THEIR TEAM TO DESIGN THIS ONE.

10-05-2011   #31 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Does the grinding get any better further on? I'm not on right now but i find it a pain in the ass to level in the beginning.

10-05-2011   #32 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

There are decent grind spots. Most your levels will come naturally with boss kills and stuff, provided you don't lose the souls. The beginning can be pretty rough.

10-06-2011   #33 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

This might sound noob but I'm having issues killing those two gargoyles on top of the building with the bell.... Lol...

Still not use to the lack of healing items though. Demon Souls I could just farm grass, this... I only get 10 or 5 depending on which bonfire i go to... D:

Maybe I shouldn't have thrown all my points into STR/DEX so i could use that Black Knight Sword which I didn't even read it's weapon type which turned out to be a Great Sword... /facepalm.

10-06-2011   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

OH OH OH! alright guys i'll teach you a nice trick to make everything in the beginning a chump. go to the bonfire in undead burg with the ladder to the bridge with the dragon. Let him burn then and then run back to the bonfire and repeat for easy 300 souls, spend souls at merchant near your bonfire in same area. Buy a shortbow for 1000 souls and a number of arrows(you will need a lot, but they're cheap). Go under the bridge and kill the 2 guys there then SNIPE DAT RED DRAGON TAIL BRAH, you get DRAKE SWORD and its got 200 attack, but does not add your str into account, good early on. Makes everything a chump. Oh yeah, and at the merchant, get enough souls for the Residence Key(1000 Souls) to free the Sorcery Teacher in the Basement place(wherever you use basement key is called/The locked door by dragon bridge place)

For Gargoyles you CHOP DAT TAIL for a pretty nice axe, mainly cause its rare. They have massive hitboxes so they're pretty easy, BLOCK ALL MELEE, and then slash(dont be greedy with hits) and then once one dies you kill off the other one. Also, the gargoyle tail was chopped in 1 slash lolololol.
MAKE SURE YOU CUT THE TAIL OF EVERY BOSS FOR A RARE WEAPON.
uhh, also theres a guy that sits in a room thats blocked by a wooden wall that you can break down near the gargoyle area, theres a knight guarding it. Kill him and then go into the room and up the stair. There will be a man in gold/yellow armor sitting behind bars, free him and KILL HIM BECAUSE HE WILL LIE TO YOU AND KILL YOUR NPCS IN FIRELINK SHRINE. If you die, you can come back for more tries, just never leave him which kills off your NPCs and the bonfire(i think) thats at firelink.
Edit: OH YEAH, he drops an OP RING THAT BOOSTS YOUR HP, STAM, AND EQUIP LOAD BY 20%, BUT IF YOU TAKE IT OFF IT BREAKS.

Uh other stuff.... HOW TO GET BACK TO TUTORIAL ISLAND FOR EXTRA HARD BOSS. FIRE LINK SHRINE, Elevator things that lead to the church, go up it and ROLL OFF ONTO THE STONE/GRASS PART, Run to the right and then jump/roll onto the roof, should be like a line of building thats been broken down, run up and follow the stairs, do the Curl up like a ball and then the crow will take you back. Snuggly the crow is there too and you can drop stuff that he/she wants to trade for items, one good one is drop(literally on the ground in the nest) a red cracked orb(the invade other worlds item) and then quit the game and come back to find a CURSE RECOVERY ITEM AWWW YEEEAAAAHHHH. Helps in the sewers with FGT FROG THINGS WITH CURSE GAS. Boss in the area is where you fought the first tutorial boss, same one actually, only this time hes OP and the floor breaks when you step on it into a hole where you fight him.

also, BRB PLAYING DEMONS SOULS CAUSE DEMON SOULS BIRTHDAY WITH PURE WHITE TENDENCY AND PURE BLACK. Anyway, how bad is BlightTown? i just beat
Spoiler!

I mad cause i had around 3k souls and some ***GOT INVADED ME and i almost beat him, but then he destroyed me. Anyone know where to get the black eyeball ring(i forget the name, but it sucks hp when you kill or attack), i just know its somewhere in the sewer.

Quote:
This might sound noob but I'm having issues killing those two gargoyles on top of the building with the bell.... Lol...

Still not use to the lack of healing items though. Demon Souls I could just farm grass, this... I only get 10 or 5 depending on which bonfire i go to... D:

Maybe I shouldn't have thrown all my points into STR/DEX so i could use that Black Knight Sword which I didn't even read it's weapon type which turned out to be a Great Sword... /facepalm.
Great sword are awesome >:I MASSIVE RANGE AND DAMAGE. i used zweihander in the beginning because i like to use dat HARD SLASH THAT SMASHES THEM INTO THE GROUND WHICH IS PRETTY LULZY. Currently using Drake Sword and Knight shield with Tiny Spirit ring(name i forget, beginning gift that buffs HP) and Blue Tear Ring that boosts def when low on hp.

Yet another thing, IN THE SEWERS/DEPTHS whatever its called, is the PYROMANCER TEACHER who is trapped in a barrel, i dont completely remember how to get to him though...

Last edited by J0SH2; 10-06-2011 at 10:52 PM.

10-07-2011   #35 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

Quote:

5/10/15 Estus is fine, usually 5 will do, 10 for the harder places. 15 seems excessive. If you're having a lot of trouble, you can turn human and summon Solaire (NPC) to help you before the boss, or another player. BKS is excellent, I've been using it since Undead Burg and I'm still using it now in Anor Londo, although it looks like I could replace it now, or very soon. Only draw back is that it's a bit slow, and the heavy attack is the biggest piece of shit ever, so use jump attack instead.

Quote:
There will be a man in gold/yellow armor sitting behind bars, free him and KILL HIM BECAUSE HE WILL LIE TO YOU AND KILL YOUR NPCS IN FIRELINK SHRINE. If you die, you can come back for more tries, just never leave him which kills off your NPCs and the bonfire(i think) thats at firelink.
Edit: OH YEAH, he drops an OP RING THAT BOOSTS YOUR HP, STAM, AND EQUIP LOAD BY 20%, BUT IF YOU TAKE IT OFF IT BREAKS.
If you let him live and let him kill the Fire Keeper, you can invade his world and kill him later in Anor Londo. If you do, you get his drops from if you killed him, AND his full armor set. You don't get his armor if you kill him before he kills the Fire Keeper.

Quote:
. Anyway, how bad is BlightTown? i just beat
Spoiler!
**** Blight Town man. I know there are certain spots that had me FFFFFFFing, but Blight Town man, THIS PLACE TAKES THE CAKE BY A LONG SHOT. Have fun spending god damn hours there.

Quote:
I mad cause i had around 3k souls and some ***GOT INVADED ME and i almost beat him, but then he destroyed me. Anyone know where to get the black eyeball ring(i forget the name, but it sucks hp when you kill or attack), i just know its somewhere in the sewer.
Someone invaded me in Blight Town. I blocked and immediately shaved 3/4 of his HP off. Then I jumped off a cliff while he used the ladder. God knows why he would do that. I just waited at the bottom to jump attack him and kill him. Free 8K souls. The life leech ring is on a body in the sewers. I think it was the one against the bars in the giant rat room, but you need to go around.

Quote:
Yet another thing, IN THE SEWERS/DEPTHS whatever its called, is the PYROMANCER TEACHER who is trapped in a barrel, i dont completely remember how to get to him though...
A path in the water when you meet the first butcher down there.

A lot of the bosses have really stupid tricks that make them piss easy to beat. Otherwise, you're left wondering how the hell you win, or struggle doing it the hard way. The Quelaag boss for example was a bloody nightmare, leaving no noticeable openings aside from after breathing the fire, which is ridiculously hard to bait out. The melee was unblockable as well. The trick? Put on my fire resist gear, which somehow made the melee BLOCKABLE (yeah I don't know, what the hell man?), and just roll towards the boss when it does the first melee strike, then just hug it so it can't hit you and then wail on it.

10-07-2011   #36 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

When I get this game I'm going to start off as deprived like a boss.

10-07-2011   #37 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Oh... every boss drops a rare equip...?

/facepalm.

Killed the gargoyles without cutting the tail, though I can't say I'm much of an Axe user.

Looks like I might be screwing my game over too, might have to restart.

10-07-2011   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
If you let him live and let him kill the Fire Keeper, you can invade his world and kill him later in Anor Londo. If you do, you get his drops from if you killed him, AND his full armor set. You don't get his armor if you kill him before he kills the Fire Keeper.
Eh, heavy armor with crappy rolls/decent super armor. I could care less, all i wanted was dat ring. His sickles any good though?

Quote:
A lot of the bosses have really stupid tricks that make them piss easy to beat. Otherwise, you're left wondering how the hell you win, or struggle doing it the hard way. The Quelaag boss for example was a bloody nightmare, leaving no noticeable openings aside from after breathing the fire, which is ridiculously hard to bait out. The melee was unblockable as well. The trick? Put on my fire resist gear, which somehow made the melee BLOCKABLE (yeah I don't know, what the hell man?), and just roll towards the boss when it does the first melee strike, then just hug it so it can't hit you and then wail on it.
Yeah, every boss in this game has a weakness that you have to abuse to win.

Quote:
Oh... every boss drops a rare equip...?

/facepalm.

Killed the gargoyles without cutting the tail, though I can't say I'm much of an Axe user.

Looks like I might be screwing my game over too, might have to restart.
Don't bother, its your first playthrough so it doesnt need to be perfect.tutorial boss gives an axe(kill without running away to jump on his head, first time you see him you kill him normally/hard way or just take black fire bomb as gift and make him a chump) and then Taurus also gives an axe(its a random drop from him though) lololololol.

What makes Blight Town so bad? gayass Curse enemies? cause i cant imagine anything worse than that lol.

10-07-2011   #39 (permalink)
a.k.a. Nyekun

Everyone seems to be hating Blight Town, I'm not sure why but I guess I'll find out. Just killed whats its ugly face dragon which was literally the easiest boss so far.

/off to Blight Town.

10-07-2011   #40 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games

I've never been cursed actually, I found those cursing gecko things to be a cakewalk. Hell, sewer was mostly a cakewalk in general.

Blight Town...ugh. Annoying mobs, and half the area is on like catwalks and platforms suspended over holes. Poor coding is shown, and the game just turns choppy in general in Blight Town making it worse. Tough as shit to see, and there are these poison dart blowing *****s, pretty much archers except much harder to spot and the darts are extremely subtle. 1-2 shots will give you not poison, but TOXIC status depending on your poison resistance. You're pretty much dead at that point of the game if you don't cure toxic. I believe this is usually the first place you encounter enemies that can disregard guards too and just grab you for massive damage, usually killing you.

The second half of the area consists of a poison swamp that slows your movement and gives you poison. Which will also usually kill you if it's not cured. They add in these annoying flying bugs that ALSO poison too. It's also pitch god damn black with giant leeches and crap that can usually out run you while in the swamp and rape you.

About as fun as balls.