Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-12-2010   #1 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Capitalism, Ho!

Game has been translated from Jap to Eng and just released like this Sat, and is very much talked about on a lot of sites, including 4chan.

I don't really know how to describe it. The user interface is almost like a visual novel, but much more interactive. Basically you play this game from a shop's point of view, buying stuff and selling for a prtofit, or perhaps going into dungeons to find better stuff for more moolah.

It's quite addictive, and I know I suck at it. Who else plays it?

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 09-12-2010 at 06:21 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-12-2010   #2 (permalink)
Rie
Vera Benedictio
Games
La TaleEmil Chronicle OnlinePangyaRagnarok Online
Awards Event Winner

Rie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to beholdRie is a splendid one to behold

@_@ This looks cute. /finds and downloads

09-12-2010   #3 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it's quite cute. And gameplay is rather addictive. However, the game can be a little tough if you do not do some research. Lol.

I am planning to restart my game after realising that I am doing some things wrong.

09-12-2010   #4 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

I played the demo and just downloaded the game today :D

Apparently it's good to sell at 100%~110% for just pin bonus for merchant levels in the beginning. I'll probably learn more as I go :V

09-12-2010   #5 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Lucent HeartAi Sp@ceEden EternalDivina Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: PSO2: Shizuru
Class: Techer | Force | Bouncer | Fighter 75 lu_eir

My findings:
Housewives like to barter. 125% is my sweet spot.
Lolis are CHEAP. They really won't buy much above 500 pix.
Guild Merchant likes about 125-130%
Alluette is a BIG SPENDER. I managed to squeeze 155% out of her so far.
Regular Man spends about 2000-3000 pix.
Old Man spends quite a lot too. ;3

Just managed to scrape 80k pix with 10k to spare... orz

Week 4 is 200k pix. *headwalls*

Last edited by Kotarou; 09-12-2010 at 07:28 AM.

09-12-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsPangyaTrickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Nanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Nanayat
Guild: RedEclipse/World's End

Don't worry about restarting your game, if you can't pay the debt, it will restart for you but things like your items will carry over, so you will be able to finish the game.
Also loving this game, as I was a fan of Chantelise, which they also made, I was surprised to see this on Steam for sale along with those other sites, amazing game, those debts get super hard to pay off though... (Trying to do it without losing once >_>)

Quote:
Week 4 is 200k pix.
Week 5 is 500k =D

09-12-2010   #7 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Kotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond reputeKotarou has a reputation beyond repute

Finished the Japanese version one before, so I'm trying to see if I can pull off a one-time complete game too.

Still haven't made the archer elf girl appear orz

09-12-2010   #8 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
Lolis are CHEAP. They really won't buy much above 500 pix.
This. I've sold stuff to her below cost price and she still complains on how expensive they are. If you are too poor don't visit, ho.

Anyway, I've read that a better way to play the game is to build up reputation and levels first. Then those darn lolis will be a lot more willing to shell out those pix as well, along with everyone else.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 09-12-2010 at 07:32 AM.

09-12-2010   #9 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

The first time she came to the store, she requested for a Udon Noodles (or something), base price 2300 pix.

I offered her 110%. She rejected.
Just for fun, I lowered it to 101%. STILL TOO EXPENSIVE!

And then she broke my Just Combo. orz

09-12-2010   #10 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou
The first time she came to the store, she requested for a Udon Noodles (or something), base price 2300 pix.

I offered her 110%. She rejected.
Just for fun, I lowered it to 101%. STILL TOO EXPENSIVE!

And then she broke my Just Combo. orz
I've offered to sell her items at 90% cost price so that I can maintain my Just Combo, and she still left. >:

I've resorted to stocking cheap versions to prepare for her impromptu requests.

09-12-2010   #11 (permalink)
Takamina=waifu material
Games
Iris OnlineLegend of EddaLa Tale

Bacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Bacon
IGN: Bacon
Class: Cleric
Guild: Hello Gangster

Yes, a thread! I don't think I've ever been as addictive to a game as this one;_; I love it so much.

400k item what.

09-12-2010   #12 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Game is fun but hard. I'm learning lots of new words. Yayifications!

09-12-2010   #13 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Wait what.

FOURTEEN MILLION PIX

How... what... that's... D :

09-12-2010   #14 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

I've only played the demo and I have a stupid question. Is it possible to go on through the game without going to the dungeons? My crummy pc lags whenever I go dungeon-ing. ._.

09-12-2010   #15 (permalink)
Madoka★Magica
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Disable the effects in the settings? Find the custom.exe and find what works for you.

09-12-2010   #16 (permalink)
Takamina=waifu material
Games
Iris OnlineLegend of EddaLa Tale

Bacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the roughBacon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Bacon
IGN: Bacon
Class: Cleric
Guild: Hello Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarted
I've only played the demo and I have a stupid question. Is it possible to go on through the game without going to the dungeons? My crummy pc lags whenever I go dungeon-ing. ._.
Yeah, you can. I just sat and waited around for inflations till I paid off the debt haha. Recently this morning I just started dungeoning>< Pretty fun.

09-12-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Nanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really niceNanayat is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarted
I lagged also, but in the settings, I just lowered the fps to 30 and lag went away, maybe try that, or lower it more if you have to.

09-12-2010   #18 (permalink)
Darklord Zerato

Frosty is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to finish the game with 1 loop?

The furthest I got is 140k/200k on the 4th week... its so hard but restarting after failing to pay the debt makes it way easier.

Here are some guide I found in the Recettear forum.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...vdWdkNEE&gid=0

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...c1G0mbQWnZ4YKY

09-12-2010   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
Is it possible to finish the game with 1 loop?

The furthest I got is 140k/200k on the 4th week... its so hard but restarting after failing to pay the debt makes it way easier.

Here are some guide I found in the Recettear forum.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...vdWdkNEE&gid=0

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...c1G0mbQWnZ4YKY
I believe its possible to finish it in one loop... Im trying right now, I just hit the 500k week, but I literally lost everything paying that 200k.... I dunno, I wonder if I'll make it...

09-12-2010   #20 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Played the demo, and finally bought the game today. Capitalism is go!